Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 269 FirstFirst ... 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 5380

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #4361
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    487
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    just stopping by to say that mastop is a douchecanoe



    5NM + Bee attempt on Bismarck, took bee to 38% in 4mins~ but Mastop is far and away the worst part of that stupid zone. Even spamming Nocturne/Dia/Helix/Requiem/Threnody/Addle/Gravity/Silence it was only taking low damage (280~ damage Nagan swings) and evasive as balls.

  2. #4362
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,032
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    just stopping by to say that mastop is a douchecanoe



    5NM + Bee attempt on Bismarck, took bee to 38% in 4mins~ but Mastop is far and away the worst part of that stupid zone. Even spamming Nocturne/Dia/Helix/Requiem/Threnody/Addle/Gravity/Silence it was only taking low damage (280~ damage Nagan swings) and evasive as balls.
    Cause you dunno how to kill mastop if you only hitting for 280.

  3. #4363
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    375
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Taruina Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Cause you dunno how to kill mastop if you only hitting for 280.
    What else is there to do, since the information that is readily available gives the strategy that he outlined?
    http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Mastop for reference.

  4. #4364
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    aside from evasion messages in fractures, mastop should still only take 5-7 mins tops....

    you should have 2 GEOs, and thats already -4 buffs on it. Adding dia/threnody/helix should make it 7 easy any moment he uses discharge

    also you mentioned senbaak...... is drk the only job u bring? lol do shed more light on setup

    drk mnk drg sam + 2 of any kind should work and even out damage types

  5. #4365
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    487
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    aside from evasion messages in fractures, mastop should still only take 5-7 mins tops....

    you should have 2 GEOs, and thats already -4 buffs on it. Adding dia/threnody/helix should make it 7 easy any moment he uses discharge

    also you mentioned senbaak...... is drk the only job u bring? lol do shed more light on setup

    drk mnk drg sam + 2 of any kind should work and even out damage types
    Second fight went by faster, about 6 minutes

    DRK SAM MNK COR BRD WHM
    DRG SAM MNK COR BRD WHM

    mages all spam as many non-problematic debuffs and when damage seems to spike, toss stuns to prolong the time between discharges

    MNKs tried formless and damage all seemed the same, there was no 800+ dmg melee hits as some have claimed. Seemed like a drawn out fight sort of like how Kurma is for morimar, with occasional brief periods of multiplied damage.


    Gnat seemed like the damage it took was directly affected by how many debuffs it transferred in its prior Emetic Discharge. Is this true? After 6+ debuffs would be swapped it would take close to normal damage, but it would occasionally follow up with another fast discharge that only had a threnody and dia on it, and damage goes to shit.

    Got Muyingwa to 11% this last run but I have work in the morning so I need to go to bed. That last 25% on the boss is fucking brutal

  6. #4366

    Reborn has all 3 NMs down on Quetz. PS I love you Anomaly Expert:


  7. #4367

    First NA shark kill on Quetz with Reborn. All three down.


  8. #4368
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    484
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Mastop only needs 2 debuffs. More than 2 doesn't do anything from what I've seen. We just use dia and helix usually. Burn works too.

  9. #4369
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    262
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Mastop only needs 2 debuffs. More than 2 doesn't do anything from what I've seen. We just use dia and helix usually. Burn works too.
    Wasn't Mastop the one where you had to balance magic, meele and ranged damage? 4 MNKs alternating Formless Strikes and random Mura SAM or Ranger for the lulz?

  10. #4370
    I pullout to go pee.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,710
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

    Yes

  11. #4371
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    35
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I've noticed a few GEOs using Indi-Frailty on here and figured I'd post what we do on Cerberus instead. Since Indi-Spells can overwrite themselves, we actually use Indi-Languor to ensure that never falls and have that same GEO using Geo-Frailty, whereas the other Geo uses Indi-Focus and Geo-Torpor. So the only buffs you'll ever miss for a couple seconds are eva/def down during the Geo-Spell recast, but m.acc+ and m.eva- never drop.

  12. #4372
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanZ View Post
    First NA shark kill on Quetz with Reborn. All three down.

    Any notes on strategy, especially regarding Bee, to bring on topic? Some of this stuff might belong in Media thread.

  13. #4373
    The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,883
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyoku View Post
    I've noticed a few GEOs using Indi-Frailty on here and figured I'd post what we do on Cerberus instead. Since Indi-Spells can overwrite themselves, we actually use Indi-Languor to ensure that never falls and have that same GEO using Geo-Frailty, whereas the other Geo uses Indi-Focus and Geo-Torpor. So the only buffs you'll ever miss for a couple seconds are eva/def down during the Geo-Spell recast, but m.acc+ and m.eva- never drop.
    Just going to second this if you're having issues with hitting the Stun wall for your first kill. We actually solved this through using a third GEO in the slot that doesn't appear to particularly matter, but keeping MACC+ and MEVA- down on at all times is pretty significant for a first win.

  14. #4374
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    364
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyoku View Post
    I've noticed a few GEOs using Indi-Frailty on here and figured I'd post what we do on Cerberus instead. Since Indi-Spells can overwrite themselves, we actually use Indi-Languor to ensure that never falls and have that same GEO using Geo-Frailty, whereas the other Geo uses Indi-Focus and Geo-Torpor. So the only buffs you'll ever miss for a couple seconds are eva/def down during the Geo-Spell recast, but m.acc+ and m.eva- never drop.
    Pretty sure Indi-spells don't refresh the duration if you cast the same one. You have to cast a different indi spell in over to get the full duration, otherwise you have to wait for it to actually fall in order to get the same indi-spell back up

  15. #4375
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    i think you have mistaken indi and geo yourself

  16. #4376
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    364
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    i think you have mistaken indi and geo yourself
    No, I explicitly remember having to recast an indi-spell once it wears off because the duration does not refresh itself when you cast it while it's still up. I remember it very well because it's annoying since indi-debuffs don't have an icon or tell you when it wears off and the swirly effect can be hard to see when there's so many other things going on onscreen. But I guess it's possible they fixed it or I'm just going crazy, either way it's easily testable

  17. #4377
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4

    After this update it seems Kurma is more resistant to dispel even with macc and meva down on it.

  18. #4378
    Requiescat in pace.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,341
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    How many times did you try? I'm betting this is a Ridill drop rate situation.

  19. #4379
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    939
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Our dispellers also had issue, not just a few % different either, it was night and day with same buffs.

  20. #4380
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,722
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    Great... Did it prolong the fight significantly?


    Anyway; Tojil attempts again tomorrow. Few things.

    1) I might go for selective stunning if our damage is a little bit behind. What can go through? Assuming Surge, most spells, and what else?

    2) I'm doing DRG myself. What's the proper procedure for surge jump and angon? Angon first.. Surge after it wears.. Or?

Similar Threads

  1. Moblin Maze Mongers Delve Deeper Into Your Heart! (06/26/2009)
    By MoogleAura in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 2009-06-30, 22:30
  2. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-04-07, 03:38
  3. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 2009-04-02, 12:33
  4. Delve Deep with the Moblin Maze Mongers! (12/17/2008)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 2008-12-17, 15:42