BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 269 FirstFirst ... 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's actually easier to get through a lahar getting off than having a full dispel go off. The former is just turtling for a minute and healers not sucking, the latter is just a run ender. I see 0 reason to ever take down aura.

Is Tojil's single target, high damage attack (the one that adds defense down) survivable while weakened? That seems to be what usually kills people when Lahar goes off in the runs I've been to. When I'm playing WHM, if I see Lahar go off, I immediately accession cure 4 to give the DDs stoneskin, but it often one shots someone through cureskin anyway with that attack.

Are the DDs I go with not using enough DT/HP to survive it, or is it generally a OHKO while weakened? I've also burned Cure V to give a more potent stoneskin, but it still did 1000+ through it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    This is 100% correct. You can screw up the song rotation. You can screw up rolls. You can let melees die. You can DD with less than stellar gear (I mean, we all had to kill tojil w/o any boss weapons @ first). But you cannot screw up stuns. Bad stunner = guaranteed loss. This is partly why I believe the update on Monday won't do much to help PUGs.
    I've seen many pugs fail coz low dps, stuns start to getting resist in the last ~20-10% of the fight

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Norto View Post
    Is Tojil's single target, high damage attack (the one that adds defense down) survivable while weakened? That seems to be what usually kills people when Lahar goes off in the runs I've been to. When I'm playing WHM, if I see Lahar go off, I immediately accession cure 4 to give the DDs stoneskin, but it often one shots someone through cureskin anyway with that attack.

Are the DDs I go with not using enough DT/HP to survive it, or is it generally a OHKO while weakened? I've also burned Cure V to give a more potent stoneskin, but it still did 1000+ through it.
    When we do Tojil, our DDs carry (or used to when we were struggling) an HP/DT hybrid that gives most of the monks 1300~ HP and 35-40% DT for Lahar specifically. The attack itself usually does 900-1300 without any DT, so its definitely survivable if your DDs are prepared. Only thing is that Defense Down has to be removed before it does it again or that will one-shot any DD, regardless of HP. Usually does 2000-2500 with Defense Down on.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrestrialrage View Post
    When we do Tojil, our DDs carry (or used to when we were struggling) an HP/DT hybrid that gives most of the monks 1300~ HP and 35-40% DT for Lahar specifically. The attack itself usually does 900-1300 without any DT, so its definitely survivable if your DDs are prepared. Only thing is that Defense Down has to be removed before it does it again or that will one-shot any DD, regardless of HP. Usually does 2000-2500 with Defense Down on.
    Cool, thanks for the info. I think the DDs we use need better sets for sure, then, most of them don't break 1K HP while weakened.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How long does Weakness last for Lahar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    How long does Weakness last for Lahar?
    I believe 15-60 seconds, random. Most of the time 15-30 secs.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's random as shit. I've sat around weakened for half a minute while every other DD was already fighting again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Pretty sure it is always 60 seconds.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's not always 60 seconds. DDs will unweak at different times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Could be resists. I've actually managed to get a partial resist on charm before. Not too unlikely that this could do that

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It's not always 60 seconds. DDs will unweak at different times.
    I don't really remember, we haven't gotten hit with one in like 6 weeks because our stunners don't suck

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes, your linkshell is awesome and I'm sure your stunners are excellent. We've missed some stuns so I can tell you with certainty that the DDs do not all unweak at the same time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    I don't really remember, we haven't gotten hit with one in like 6 weeks because our stunners don't suck
    They're so good they can deal w/ delve lag (the same servers as salvage/ein/skirm etc and also enjoys a shitton of traffic for delve alone)? That being said, I really do feel blessed being on a low pop server; we rarely get lag spikes that bad anymore.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

dem stunbots yo

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So the stun wall is like 35-40ish? Started seeing resists on Daku after 35 stuns after 5min of fighting. No way to reset it right even after a fullwipe + zombie twilight tank? Sucks when we get him to 4-5% fully recover then are unable to kill the last few percent due to total stun resists :/

How did SE expect us to survive the wrath of an NM that does 900-1.6k damage TP moves literally every 4.5 seconds without stuns and even with pdt. Would Scherzo help?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    dem stunbots yo
    no

And we only really get lag in Ceizak, slight ones in Foret and none in Morimar at all

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Obviously you're meant to rotate Rayke to extend the stun window.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I won't claim to be clearing Dakuwaqa but people on here reported semi pickup kills in 6-8 minutes so there is obivously something else missing there

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    So the stun wall is like 35-40ish? Started seeing resists on Daku after 35 stuns after 5min of fighting. No way to reset it right even after a fullwipe + zombie twilight tank? Sucks when we get him to 4-5% fully recover then are unable to kill the last few percent due to total stun resists :/

How did SE expect us to survive the wrath of an NM that does 900-1.6k damage TP moves literally every 4.5 seconds without stuns and even with pdt. Would Scherzo help?
    You could try saving one GEO's bolster for meva and macc for that last few percent. We sleep it after Wild Card at around 35% with Troub lullaby and redo buffs/rolls so we have a fresh set to take it down with. Before we got our killspeed/other clears up, we would save a GEO's bolster to ensure that stuns didn't get resisted or to at least increase the window of availability. If you're still hitting stuns and it's at low percent, you can throw out focalization too