Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 269 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Anyone else excited by the new challenge we have here? skill and strategy went to shit over the last few years and this looks like it needs everyone bang on point to win now. I can't see a Zerg winning many of these based in reports of accuracy and damage taken/received

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    It was only hitting me for around 300 at its peak before dying with Aegis. People still died because keeping hate when you need damage so fast is impossible, but we didn't wipe (well, we did when it raged, but the run after was good!).
    Yeah the second wipe wasn't really a wipe, we just ran out of time pre-rage and he went crazy evasive. Took 20 minutes to get him from 100% to 10% and then like 10 minutes to drop him to 6%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just finished Unfettered Twitherym. Setup changed a bit since people kept dieing and well its right near town. Took 2hrs. Started out pretty easy but eventually started hitting me with aegis for 300-400 600 crits. Ending up eatting dirt from a back to back crits. Also ate dirt when it did 1400 aeroga IV when I went to try ochain. Ended up using tacos and defender and wiffing alot but not dieing anymore. It's dt/resistance and possibly rage like boosts in stats varied. We never really nailed down what caused it but yeah sometimes SA ws would do 150 sometimes would do 2.5k. My spirits within seemed to vary anywhere from 5% to 15% lower than expected. Atonement kinda sucks on it. Not sure if they changed the formula but even when I clearly had solid hate I'd only do a little less than half at 100%. It also casted paralyga gravityga and silencega. Seemed to build resistance to various magics too. Definitely say some 15 dmg wildfires <.<. Only got elixers from it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    Anyone else excited by the new challenge we have here? skill and strategy went to shit over the last few years and this looks like it needs everyone bang on point to win now. I can't see a Zerg winning many of these based in reports of accuracy and damage taken/received
    i think most, if not all, NM rages or start raging and builds up at 15 min mark....

so in another words, u still need to "zerg" them to a point low enough to keep the fight sustainable till its dead at low %s

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Should also note, people received the KI at the end of the fight whether they were dead or alive. We also had some people HP and come back mid-fight rather than waiting on weakness, and they received the KI as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    i think most, if not all, NM rages or start raging and builds up at 15 min mark....

so in another words, u still need to "zerg" them
    Fight where we beat the Pugil took just shy of 20 minutes, and we didn't zerg at all. Was consistent, buffed (but not zerged) damage dealing, good tanking and heals, clutch stuns, etc. Everything that makes a good fight good. Surely we could have tweaked our setup a bit to have an easier time, so I think you could probably rein it in safely to a 10-15 minute fight without really zerging at all.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless Mushroom decides it's time for you to wipe!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry to ask,

In the scorpion one, does the debuff move ensure you can push the fight longer into 20+ min?

I am sure we'll learn their weakness sooner than later therefore making fights a easier.

It does seem odd if fight is for 45 min, they have raged it at ~20 min?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the record, that raptor fight in Morimar was relatively a joke and gave 500 points per kill. So you could effectively farm the wivre in the pop area and just keep popping him to get 500 points every 10 mins or so.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

being easy you mean an alliance of DD/thf with buffs and old school SATA WS rape mania can win it easy?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    being easy you mean an alliance of DD/thf with buffs and old school SATA WS rape mania can win it easy?
    Nobody was running parse/sb but we had 4 relic rng with 4song brd/cor doing quite a bit of damage, rangers are completely worthless after rage though obv lel

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

do you guys go like 2 PLD and SATA? or simply 1 PLD with DD just SA and all about survivability ;o

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this might sound crazy since i am GEO main, but haveing at least one GEO to apply debuffs might help more. Their debuffs def eva down are untesisted and % based so if those mobs have much higher eva and def a GEO debuff would maybe do alot more for an ally then songs or rolls. of course havein all 3 would be best.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It didn't look remotely threatening to the tank. 4 RNG's downed it in 10 minutes when buffed.

As long as you could either kill it before rage or have a way of damaging it after rage you'd be fine. Can't see how any group of competent DD's would struggle with it though. Definitely doesn't need an alliance. Basically a DD party plus a tank would suffice.

That being said, you get 500 points per kill regardless of ally size so may as well team up with herp-a-derps if they are around.

And yes Damane, GEO buffs would probably be very helpful. I think on the Peiste we tried the RNG's said they had acc issues with Hunters + Preludes + Sushi so yeah...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did the moth in Ceizak V,

Resistant to damge by Ranger/Corsair and Summoner...

7 Relic/Emph Weapons and none of the ws > 300...i think there must be something with his DT, this is pre rage.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The mobs that people have struggled with, what pop numbers have they been?

I know the Raptor was II and easy but the Peiste was IV and difficult. I believe the Turtle was V and people struggled with that too? Now you're saying Ceizak V was hard as well.

Could well be that higher pop numbers are just more difficult.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The eft in morimar is III and isn't too difficult, could be doable with 6 if you have 3 strong DD and whmx2 or sch+whm + brd. It would be close on time though as it becomes very difficult to keep hate when your acc gets floored by rage and its spamming blizzaga4 for 1.4k (in tp gear so could change to hybrid).

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Correct me if I am wrong but don't we have to kill 5 if these in a row before even attempting the boss? Even if you call 3 of them out, you have to kill 2 more inside and then the MB all within 45 minutes. I think people are overreacting when they are saying these new weapons are breaking the game. It stands to say that people will not even be sniffing the mega bosses for a long time...let alone kill them.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Below 50%, its evasion goes through the roof. Had a few DDs in as much acc as they could muster, Madrigals, Thf/Dnc sticking Quickstep, and sushi, and acc still wasn't worth a damn.
    Did you try magic damage? Smn, Blm, Sch?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Wait, so you can pop NMs with those stones? I got IV and used it and got 150 Menacing Plasm.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

you only need the KI to enter, dont have to kill any field NMs if your confident enough like patch notes says

only matter of time we know each NM's "weakness" and a setup to reliably bring them down, im not surprised in the future, people just go straight in and kill 5 NM + mega boss w/o sealing any field NMs

having a rage timer isnt a bad thing, it tunes everyone's game up by a notch and eventually we'll all be able to kill it fast and start working on the boss

its only day 1 chillax

as for weapons being OP........idk from what im seeing thus far, its only some of the REM players complaining mostly because their toy are useless, for now......
    im confident SE will "fix" REM anyway, people just over-reacting atm

if SE can bring down skirmish weapons in 1 month, bring up so OP weapons, im not surprised next few coming patches REM become like 3 times what it is now >.>

seeing such NMs being strong is good, we needed the challenge and alliance events.
    Admit it, all of us were spoilt since abyssea days.............

however, its too early to say this system is good tho, who knows it may become another VW zergfest in near future :X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 269 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast