Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, Need 2 Debuffs on him for him to Exuv, and have to, again, constantly reapply. the times i went RDM (not anymore, going SCH), Just spammed Cycle debuffs between Slow/para/Slow2/para2/silence and had a BRD keeping Dia on, outside of that, He may get a random TP move every now and again, but it shouldn't take 15 minutes yah ... but, I understand the grade of Players you get with PUG, RME aren't really a competence meter either lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Bring Rdm instead of Blm, and replace the other blm with another whm or DD
    Also realize that half the relics have added effects and shouldn't be used once 20th exuviation is done with.

Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    Took alliance of mainly BLU/THF to Supernal Chapuli T2 Ceizak Battlegrounds. I believe setup was pldx2 blu/thfx8 whmx2 drkx2 mnk thf smnx2.
    No one weaponskilled on the NM, melee DDs just autoattack, then run back when it casts aeroga V.
    SMN spammed HS.
    Only thing of note to mention is that this NM must start out with extremely low evasion for a NM of its level.
    BLU Heavy Strike was landing consistently on it for ~1k each time.
    All physical BLU spells were *extremely* effective on it.
    won with about 30 seconds left, so setup was not ideal, but worked.

If I were to do it again would bring more BLUs and only 1 pld for faster kill.
    If you are taking 19 minutes and 30 seconds to kill it, whatever you are doing is not extremely effective. Someone will probably say I'm being a dick here, but I'm really just trying to keep others who are struggling with PUG's from taking on bum strategies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Flash has always worked good for me for moth. Like had him use one while still in the animation of the previous a couple of times. Also not stunning agas for fear of stop exuvation makes no sense. How are you going to accidentally stun a tp move while it is casting?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    If you are taking 19 minutes and 30 seconds to kill it, whatever you are doing is not extremely effective. Someone will probably say I'm being a dick here, but I'm really just trying to keep others who are struggling with PUG's from taking on bum strategies.
    I don't have a large amount of delve experience yet, but it's sounding more and more like the gimmicks are fairly one-note, and the rest of the "difficulty" in the content is just from it being a gear check. Is this inaccurate?

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    I don't have a large amount of delve experience yet, but it's sounding more and more like the gimmicks are fairly one-note, and the rest of the "difficulty" in the content is just from it being a gear check. Is this inaccurate?
    Don't forget the "Do you suck?" check.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    The effectiveness of the gimmicks seems to vary some. Gear seems to matter much less than skill though ochain/aegis are about the only reason youd bring a pld. But I'd say a lot of it comes laziness or inattentiveness. People not knowing how to brd rotate or just not wanting to. Not stunning anything ever. Stopping debuffs after inly 15 exuvations. Not removing debuffs unless told multiple times. Complaining that keeping up haste is too much work. Not curing tanks. Saying it's too much work as a whm to cure a pld who is super tanking 3 nms more than 5 times a run and saying he should go /dnc because that will definitely save the pld when they time there nukes/tp moves at the same time. Dds turning mobs towards mages or even bringing it to them. Etc

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The chapuli in particular is pretty much the epitome of 'Suck less'. I hate bandying that term around but how much simpler can you get than 'Auto-attack until it's dead'.

There's basically 3 critical parts. Melees - Don't WS. Mages - Don't let melees die. Support - Keep buffs up.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous you can get your melees to wear hybrid or toggle tp sets considering they won't be ws'ing but neither of them are required.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    The chapuli in particular is pretty much the epitome of 'Suck less'. I hate bandying that term around but how much simpler can you get than 'Auto-attack until it's dead'.
    Cures are hard bro

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually agree. I am pretty sure VW made healers just awful. It is unreal how inattentive mages are now. You have to play ultra conservative in PUGs nowadays. I am almost tempted to gear out RDM(loool) and play that, but I kinda like hitting things in the face a lot. I do really miss RDM though :/.

Old Merits
    BG Level

No you're wrong, the average player is no worse now than they were pre adoulin or pre wotg or at any other point.

All of these NMs can be taken down comfortably within the time limit with purely AH gear that was available prior to adoulins release, by players with even a moderate amount of intelligence and initiative. Most ffxi players fall short of this.

We can pretend that "keep it blinded" or "don't WS" is any more involved than "remember to reuse fanatics every 60 seconds" but its not. Remember how long it took pickup groups to reliably kill some of the more dangerous VW mobs even with VW meds.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The main difference is pug could do VW with horrible whm/only 1 very good dd, you can't do those NM with horrible whm or only 1dd.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    dick.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

There's basically 3 critical parts. Melees - Don't WS. Mages - Don't let melees die. Support - Keep buffs up.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous you can get your melees to wear hybrid or toggle tp sets considering they won't be ws'ing but neither of them are required.
    Last time I fought the chapuli he was able to one shot people with orthopterror. I'm not sure if it increased in strength because of something we did, or if it was just people using buffs and whatnot that they shouldn't.

Are you dealing with that via a simple stun, or is there some reliable method to keep him out of that mode or force Nature's Meditation to bring him out of it?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Pray to the rng gods that he uses nature's meditation and hope your DDs are intelligent enough to put on a hybred set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Scherzo? Might lose more going to hybrid then the last song. And with pugs you can count on them not having a hybrid

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Biggest problem the pickup group I was in had was loose hate because of orthopterror spam. Mob ran around a lot.

I dont think the WHMs had any -enmity gear in their cures at all. I ended up healing all 3 parties without ever pulling hate as SCH (after making sure the BRD/COR kept me balladed/evoker'sd) It really baffles me how one guy can 3box it, but the pug i was in timed out with ~8 DDs.

I should start parsing this shit.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Even the brokest gimpest of gimps should have a fuckin twilight torque and should atleast have 2 PDT-4 dark rings. Right there is -13% and youve barely put any effort. Im pretty sure theres more ridiculously easy to get PDT gear that isnt expensive or hinges on a 1% drop rate, just dont got it off the top of my head (phor feet is another 5%, but these are the "NNI IS HURD GUZ" gimps)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    Biggest problem the pickup group I was in had was loose hate because of orthopterror spam. Mob ran around a lot.

I dont think the WHMs had any -enmity gear in their cures at all. I ended up healing all 3 parties without ever pulling hate as SCH (after making sure the BRD/COR kept me balladed/evoker'sd) It really baffles me how one guy can 3box it, but the pug i was in timed out with ~8 DDs.

I should start parsing this shit.
    Gimpshit DDs that love to line up for Orthopterror, have terrible accuracy, no brd buffs and shitty mages who don't cure/haste, they end up dying or staying off it until cured up to full. Its not necessarily loose hate either, Orthopterror is knockback and multiple DD should be repeatedly pushing hate cap so it won't be stationary even on a good fight. If it ends up going for mages than DDs/buffers are failing.

Pickup brds/cors love to sing/roll once at the start of the fight and then not go in and put buffs back up, I can't remember the last pickup whm I had who could keep haste up 100% (or even close to 100%). These are the sorts of things people create a group and just expect to happen, you have to tell these fuckwits every little aspect of their job.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit forget 100% of the time. I've actually been made fun of for asking for haste when it wears off for awhile. Like somehow I should feel lucky to even get it ever. Had whms complain they actually had to cure. I mean I'm probably looking thru rose tinted googles and such but I seemed to remember not a few aht urghan pts or dynamis runs where people got kicked for continually failing to keep haste/refresh cycles. And immediately if they just said they wouldn't lol. Part of the reason I love bringing in my whm mule is just knowing I'll get haste and cures. And if things not to hectic for my main rest of the pt too. Can't remember the last time I saw someone besides my main cast boost spells