BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 269 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Delve     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I lead a plasma farming with a pickup group in Ceizak Fracture, here are some entry level strategy details:

Holding party:
    PLDx3
    RDMorSCH
    WHM
    THF

2 DD parties:
    DDx3(one of the 6 was a THF for TH in both camps)
    BRDx2
    SCH

We split the two DD parties, one stays at the first large room you enter (it's a bit in), the other goes to the east and camps in "Scorpion room" (we call it this because the scorp was here on first run). The hallway that is inbetween the camps is used as a holding pad for the PLDs that each take an NM (Twitherym, Scorpion, Chapuli) and just hold it for the 45 minutes basically, with RDMorSCH and WHM for help if needed. First camp BRDs will pull from all west rooms while the Scorpion room BRDs will pull from the east and north (when it opens at around 15 minutes inside - take care of mothra and gnat NM that may spawn in this big room north of camp, though there are lots of mobs). Sushi, Madrigalx2, Marchx2 (extra songs Minuet, but as a pickup I don't count on BRDs even having 3 songs). Have the DDs go nuts, THF Feint every time it's up. SCHs are there for Accession+Perpetuation+RegenV, but WHM worked well on first few runs. 5000~5200 plasm per run.

I know this is going to get laughed at in a few days when we figure out how to make 20k points per run, but this is viable for now.

Observation: In 2 of the runs we had an instance of 100 plasm for one kill. We tried to replicate the killing conditions (Distortion SC damage killed a 100P Beetle, no idea on the other) but to no avail.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The eft outside is easy as hell. The poison from the TP move itself is pretty weak and nothing else that it does is incredibly threatening as long as you have competent healers. Have fought it several times now and it's never reached rage yet for us. The one inside of the fracture, though... not entirely difficult until it puts up its poison aura, was something stupid like 100/tic and idk what triggers it, probably HP% or Tarcatoxin.

I can't tell you anything about it, we went in to kill raptor rage-free in a PUG and farmed plasm afterwards with PLDs holding any extra NMs. Only got hit as we ran by, didn't stick near it for more than 2 seconds

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Don't know where to post it but found a Type B, Rank 5 Bokwus Robe with MAB+8 and INT+4 augments. (In that order)

Old Merits
    BG Level

The eft outside is easy as hell. The poison from the TP move itself is pretty weak and nothing else that it does is incredibly threatening as long as you have competent healers. Have fought it several times now and it's never reached rage yet for us. The one inside of the fracture, though... not entirely difficult until it puts up its poison aura, was something stupid like 100/tic and idk what triggers it, probably HP% or Tarcatoxin.
    It can gain poison aura outside also, its not like other auras since you actually have to remove it when you get out of range. We got it to 14% with 8 people (was like 4 actual players and 2-3box) before it raged, then we didn't have enough people to /thf up and kill it.

The Eft and the Raptor are probably the 2 NMs groups will want to fight inside the fracture when groups start making serious attempts at nakuul kills as they are both much shorter fights than the rest.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    I lead a plasma farming with a pickup group in Ceizak Fracture, here are some entry level strategy details:

Holding party:
    PLDx3
    RDMorSCH
    WHM
    THF

2 DD parties:
    DDx3(one of the 6 was a THF for TH in both camps)
    BRDx2
    SCH

We split the two DD parties, one stays at the first large room you enter (it's a bit in), the other goes to the east and camps in "Scorpion room" (we call it this because the scorp was here on first run). The hallway that is inbetween the camps is used as a holding pad for the PLDs that each take an NM (Twitherym, Scorpion, Chapuli) and just hold it for the 45 minutes basically, with RDMorSCH and WHM for help if needed. First camp BRDs will pull from all west rooms while the Scorpion room BRDs will pull from the east and north (when it opens at around 15 minutes inside - take care of mothra and gnat NM that may spawn in this big room north of camp, though there are lots of mobs). Sushi, Madrigalx2, Marchx2 (extra songs Minuet, but as a pickup I don't count on BRDs even having 3 songs). Have the DDs go nuts, THF Feint every time it's up. SCHs are there for Accession+Perpetuation+RegenV, but WHM worked well on first few runs. 5000~5200 plasm per run.

I know this is going to get laughed at in a few days when we figure out how to make 20k points per run, but this is viable for now.

Observation: In 2 of the runs we had an instance of 100 plasm for one kill. We tried to replicate the killing conditions (Distortion SC damage killed a 100P Beetle, no idea on the other) but to no avail.
    Added to farming section in OP maybe people can try this out and see if they can replicate the results.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tax'et has some sort of gimimick. Very high -DT to all sources at start of fight (QD, SA WS, all magic... hitting for single or double digits max) Seems to go down by some amount as fight goes on, we're not quite sure why, might be linked to Exuviation. Didn't take him below 98% that attempt with an alliance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Tax'et has some sort of gimimick. Very high -DT to all sources at start of fight (QD, SA WS, all magic... hitting for single or double digits max) Seems to go down by some amount as fight goes on, we're not quite sure why, might be linked to Exuviation. Didn't take him below 98% that attempt with an alliance.
    jpwiki says something about this, purposefully enfeeble it so it used exuviation to lower its dt

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    I've joined a few JP shouts with a similar strat, except with two PLDs holding the NMs in the corners of the first room, both DD parties camping in the middle, and BRDs/CORs pulling from every tunnel. Without any madrigals or hunter's roll, with pizza+1, DDs are parsing around 75-85% acc, so I'd say at least one madrigal is a must. Similar plasm count at the end, ~5000-5200.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yep, that's how it works. Spam enfeebles and have it use Exuviation till your dds can take it down nice and fast. Easy fight.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Moth DT seems to deteriorate after each Exuviation. We put some debuffs on it to force it to Exuv, and by the time it did it about 10 times I was doing normal damage.

edit: wow nvm im late by a few posts

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fighting Unfettered Twitherym now, melees hitting for 20-30 not sure why, only 6min into the fight. Someone said to MB it and we have and it didnt drop its PDT.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The PDT wasn't up more than a few secs at a time for my group. Killed it in 11 mins, no issues with 1 strong melee pty and 1 BLM pty. Probably random or something.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Its PDT has ben up for 10min, melee have been hitting for 10-20 damage for 10 minutes. WTF

We got 2x minuets and shit. Muramaseru hitting for 20dmg too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So far, upgrades seem to follow this pattern for both weapons and armors (melee ones):

Type A: Attack primary, Accuracy secondary, STR tertiary
    Type B: Accuracy primary, Attack secondary, DEX tertiary
    Type C: Evasion primary, Accuracy secondary, AGI tertiary

Projected armor growth pattern:
    Rank 0 -> 1: +primary
    Rank 1 -> 2: +secondary
    Rank 2 -> 3: +primary
    Rank 3 -> 4: +secondary
    Rank 4 -> 5: +tertiary
    Rank 5 -> 6: +primary
    Rank 6 -> 7: +secondary
    Rank 7 -> 8: +tertiary
    Rank 8 -> 9: +primary
    Rank 9 -> 10: +secondary
    etc.

Just a prediction, I suspect that this pattern is different for weapons and armors.

A bit confused on this, how is this rank based? Based on inventor's rank or based on how many times we traded for augmentation? or what?

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We cant kill this bunny, DDs hitting for 20's think it has something to do with:

I'd like to apologize for there being no way to determine if the higher evasion and defense is part of the monster's normal behavior or not due to the fact that there is no log message when the monsters rages. As for the enhancements related to their normal behavior, by employing the proper strategy you can mitigate this, lowering their evasion or lowering their defense, so if you feel they've become stronger before time runs out, please try out various strategies and I think you'll notice some changes.
    We can't figure out what it is though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Fighting Unfettered Twitherym now, melees hitting for 20-30 not sure why, only 6min into the fight. Someone said to MB it and we have and it didnt drop its PDT.
    Any rng or cor or drg in the group?

Our group down this easily with 4-5 rng with brd+ cor buffs, minuet x2 at start, and only the sam/rng asked for prelude later as the hp goes down.

Piercing dmg specific mob?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Does anyone have a good strategy for the Krab in foret? Sorry if I missed one.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We had a COR and RNG and a held it for an hour while ppl changed jobs to try diff shit. Someone said the Scorpion and Gnat NMs give messages when they're weakened or something. We tried basically every debuff/JA/spell and could not erase its 99% PDT.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Feels like AV. I know ppl can zerg it down but we're holding it and trying to elicit that proc message from it that other people got on other NMs. The first time it got the PDT we could dispel it from a SC+MB it seemed, the second time it got PDT it lasted till now(1-2hours and climbing). No idea what its weakness could be. Matsui said he wouldnt tell us because it would be obvious. I think their name might be a clue since most of them have some kind of adjective in their name or something It also cycles through Para/Silence/Bind maybe you have to mirror its spells and cast the same directly after like AV with 2hr locks?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fought the butterfly twice now.

When it goes under 50% it gains 99% PDT. We somehow dispelled it the first time we fought it, we don't know how.
    It then gains it again at 25%. At this point we couldn't dispel it and tried for 2hours trying shit.

Fighting it again got it to 49% and now we can't erase the pdt.