FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm not saying that EA could or will do worse than Lucas Arts did. You don't get much worse than Masters of the Teras Kasi. I'm saying that the titles aren't going to be good because EA is doing them. There's a difference there.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My issue with it is the simple fact that EA has all it needs to make quality games with the franchise. Hell I'd be happy if they just hand the Star Wars RPG license off to Bioware again and let them go back to their single player games. The problem comes from the fact that it's EA and they are impatient as hell and will rush the damn games out constantly just to meet their internal schedule.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'm not saying that EA could or will do worse than Lucas Arts did. You don't get much worse than Masters of the Teras Kasi. I'm saying that the titles aren't going to be good because EA is doing them. There's a difference there.
    This is where I have to stop you. There is no proof anywhere that the games are going to be shit just because EA is the publisher. Lets look at the past year or two.

SWTOR - Probably the only title here where EA can be seriously blamed for its past and current situation. Half on them for pushing it out too early, half on Bioware for not knowing what the fuck they were doing.
    Battlefield 3 - great game, I very much enjoyed playing it when I was into it.
    Mass Effect 3 - fantastic game, 10/10 excluding the ending fiasco which was Bioware's fault, not EAs. If you want to twist reality to make EA the bad guys and Bioware the saints, thats on you.
    Dead Space 3 - Haven't played it, heard it was great aside from some cash shop BS included with it, but what I've heard said it was overall good.
    SimCity - Good for softcore players, shitty code (Maxis's fault) limits hardcore play. DRM fiasco caused EA to hand out a free game to everybody. EA is punished for their fuck up.
    I'm gonna exclude the annual sports cash grabs.

So putting it all on paper, EA makes good games. Any faults in the game itself is at the mercy of the developer, not the publisher. It's time to stop the EA hate train now.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

No, I will not. You have your opinion. I have mine. Leave it at that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As long as they stay away from movie tie-in's and keep pumping out EU games, I'll be fine. Although it will never happen, I would love to see another SW RTS be released that is similar to Empire at War. I enjoyed the lore and I am enjoying all the mods that are regularly released for the game.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When was the last time EA ever published a movie tie-in anyways?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    When was the last time EA ever published a movie tie-in anyways?
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_P..._2_(video_game)

Ridill
    BG Level

EA's decisions have led to some very terrible things. That being said, as it has already been said in this thread, Star Wars games have been pretty shit for a long while. EA will again probably make some bad decisions with the Star Wars stuff, but with the 1-2 star wars games they'll release every year, some of them are bound to be good in at least some ways.

I'm also just glad I've never really cared that much about Star Wars. Original three movies were good movies, but I just never saw them as anything other than just old good movies in a pile of other old good movies I've seen.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    EA's decisions have led to some very terrible things.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nic_Arts_games

That list has many of them. It also shows the vast number of Movie/TV tie-in's they've done. The last movie franchise they fucked up was Christopher Nolan's Batman where the game based off of the Dark Knight was so under developed that it cost EA an estimated $101 million in missed revenue because they had to cancel it which led to the closure of Pandemic Studios.

Edit: Ea & WB wanted the game to be released around the same time that the movie was, but the game was still a few months from being finished which led to butthurt and the eventual cancellation. Activision had a similar fiasco with The Amazing Spider-Man where the game tie-in wasn't released until nearly a year after the movie was.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    While not hypocritical it's certainly weird to think a video game franchise that is already very, very tainted could get much worse now that EA has exclusive stewardship over it. Apart from x-wing vs. tie fighter I can't think of a single title that would excite me again about the brand.
    Besides Rogue Squadron, I fucking loved Shadows of the Empire as a kid.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    This is where I have to stop you. There is no proof anywhere that the games are going to be shit just because EA is the publisher. Lets look at the past year or two.

SWTOR - Probably the only title here where EA can be seriously blamed for its past and current situation. Trusting on Bioware to know what the fuck they were doing
    Fixed that for me. I still believe it was on all Bioware on this part believing they can release it early and fix it later on. I mean i'm still playing because i still find it fun but thats me. But once FFXIV comes around i'm out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what? no love for jedi outcast?!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    what? no love for jedi outcast?!
    Jedi Knight 2 for me =p

Outcast was meh to me, but i did like the customization of your main character.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    Jedi Knight 2 for me =p

Outcast was meh to me, but i did like the customization of your main character.
    you mean jedi academy? outcast is the subtitle for jedi knight 2.. i think we are talking bout the same game, for some reason i never played dark forces 1 and 2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Its been so long, ya your right it was academy that was meh. I did like that one >.< (outcast)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bring back

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If they really put some time and effort (lol, inorite) into a genuine KOTOR3, with or without Bioware/Obsidian, I'd buy a brand-new game for the first time in a long time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    If they really put some time and effort (lol, inorite) into a genuine KOTOR3, with or without Bioware/Obsidian, I'd buy a brand-new game for the first time in a long time.
    I think its doable. They have alot of time inbetween swtor and kotor 2 to get something or they can have both swtor and kotor 3 stories happening at the same time story wise.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    EA is no longer capable of making the kinds of games represented in KOTOR/KOTOR 2. Everything has to be monetized at the smallest level and huge sacrifices are made to the story, art and polish to guarantee a maximum return on DLC and retailer-exclusive preorder content. Witness Mass Effect 3's lazy art or Dead Space 3's microtransactions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    EA is no longer capable of making the kinds of games represented in KOTOR/KOTOR 2. Everything has to be monetized at the smallest level and huge sacrifices are made to the story, art and polish to guarantee a maximum return on DLC and retailer-exclusive preorder content. Witness Mass Effect 3's lazy art or Dead Space 3's microtransactions.

These in every SW game from here on out.