+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 126 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Outside of Pre Episode 1 stuff if you don't want Star Wars to involve Luke/Han/Leia or their family I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Granted I haven´t read any Star Wars novels or comics or even watched Clone Wars but are you telling me that from EP1 onwards the whole Star Wars Universe is centered around Anakin/Luke/Han/Leia and there is no way to tell a good story without involving them directly? Like..aren´t there some other badass people in the Star Wars Universe who don´t have jack shit to do with Anakin/Luke/Han/Leia ever? Always was under the impression that there are some badass storyarks allready existing that they could´ve gotten some inspiration from. Or am I completely missunderstanding what you are saying?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's stuff out there that won't feature them, but the vast majority involves them or their family members. Even stuff a hundred years after the original trilogy is still involving the descendants of Luke and Han/Leia with courtesy appearances by R2-D2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'd have really liked the teen books to be remade as movies, Han / Luke's kids were nice melds and their friends were different from them as well.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

there was quite a lot of material based on secondary and tertiary movie characters, like the X-Wing series, which was fantastic. Han Luke and Leia showed up from time to time of course, but the series was mostly about the other characters.

but the main storyline tends to involve a lot of the Skywalker/Solo dynasties. Which is what they become, really. Galactic movers and shakers, whether they want to be or not.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I barely remember reading the books anymore, but Thrawn and XWing series were the best

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Granted I haven´t read any Star Wars novels or comics or even watched Clone Wars but are you telling me that from EP1 onwards the whole Star Wars Universe is centered around Anakin/Luke/Han/Leia and there is no way to tell a good story without involving them directly? Like..aren´t there some other badass people in the Star Wars Universe who don´t have jack shit to do with Anakin/Luke/Han/Leia ever? Always was under the impression that there are some badass storyarks allready existing that they could´ve gotten some inspiration from. Or am I completely missunderstanding what you are saying?
    The vast majority of novels and comics are focused on the Skywalker/Solo families. As mentioned there is stuff like the X-Wing series where they only make the occasional cameo or some of the Clone War novels which ventured away from them and onto characters like Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Yoda, and the Mandalorian Clone Commandos. Dark Horse also created the Legacy time period but that still focuses on the Skywalker/Solo familes with Cade Skywalker being the main character during the first series and Ania Solo the second series. Beyond that you'd have to go to the Knights of the Old Republic era to really find stories that doesn't focus on them or events around them. There are plenty of great story arcs they could have pulled inspiration from in the EU but they would still have a strong focus on Skywalker/Solo.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    EPISODE VII will open with the traditional crawl, spelling out where we are and giving us some indication as to where that familiar galaxy far, far away rests all these years later since RETURN OF THE JEDI. Then once it fades off-screen, we will indeed get this floating hand with lightsaber floating through space… well, sorta. My sources indicate that the hand is a bit too gruesome of an image to kick off the new trilogy of films with, but Luke’s lightsaber that would have been set free from Cloud City as he was released into dangling from its weather vain will be there front and center.

From there, it will be discovered in the desert – most certainly NOT Tattoine as I was told – by some sort of non-human, alien creature, much like the Jawas came across a pair of droids back at the front end of A NEW HOPE. From there, it will quickly come into the hands of John Boyega, who will in fact be a Stormtrooper… or at least WAS a Stormtrooper before the defeat of the Empire… and Daisy Ridley’ character, who still remains mysterious in nature. That will set in motion some events that will bring about a search for Luke Skywalker, who has essentially fallen off the grid, unseen by all, since the Rebel Aliance’s victory, but the lightsaber is by no means the main piece of STAR WARS: EPISODE VII that drives the story. As it was explained to me, it is more of a through-line of the Skywalker legacy that connects the prequels to the Original Trilogy to this new trilogy. Imagine you would saw the prequels first. When Obi-Wan presents Anakin’s lightsaber to his son, that’s some pretty cool connective tissue. That’s the spirit in which this detail exists, so those of you crying over EPISODE VII being the return of Luke’s hand, take a deep breath and calm down. That’s not the case.

However, soon after you will quickly learn what is at the heart of EPISODE VII’s story, as there will be a large-scale battle sequence involving Adam Driver, who I can confirm with my sources will be the main villain (no Jedi hunters involved). It is this battle sequence that will really set things in motion for what lies ahead.

Also true is this massive weapon capable of destroying more than just planets like Alderaan… whole galaxies are in danger of being wiped out. This threat will be in the hands of a new villainous entity, although there is some question about whether or not the Empire may have some sort of involvement before this new trilogy is complete. It certainly won’t be full-scale as it was before in the Original Trilogy, but that doesn’t mean they won’t have some sort of residual presence. It won’t be with the Emperor in any way though; that’s a certainty… but think more along the lines of neo-Nazis than the full Nazi regime, and you’ll get a clearer picture.

There you have it… That’s what is true and untrue within these STAR WARS: EPISODE VII plot details. There’s a lot less rumor and plenty of fact contained in those initial reports, minus a few gaps filled in that you now have. But it’s safe to say that the future of the STAR WARS Saga is not build around Luke Skywalker’s missing hand.
    Bit more on the rumored plot from the other day including correction on the whole hand thing.

Still makes no sense to me though that Luke would essentially ignore Yoda's dying request to pass on what he was taught and reform the Jedi Order and just disappear for thirty years instead. No contact with any of his friends or Leia.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Or that it's the lightsaber from Cloud City that's floating around and landing on distant planets. How did it get into space in the first place?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That has been addressed already, depending on how much of the EU is being ignored

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarien View Post
    Or that it's the lightsaber from Cloud City that's floating around and landing on distant planets. How did it get into space in the first place?
    In the EU at least it along with the hand attached to it was recovered by the Emperor and placed in his private trophy room on Wayland and was used in the Thrawn trilogy by crazy clone Jedi master C'Baoth to create a Luke clone/apprentice. I could see at least the Emperor recovering it part but not sure how it could go from there to space, to desert planet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    That has been addressed already, depending on how much of the EU is being ignored
    Supposedly all of it but they said at the panel today they said some of the past EU material might have had "kernels of truth" in them when it comes to the stories going forward.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

lol I heard on Hollywood Babbleon that JJ got pissed he told everyone he got to go on the falcon and now disney's gettin calls from everybody that went that they wanna get on the falcon aswell

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I doubt JJ invited Smith without expecting exactly what happened to happen.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol use the force.... fuckin Jen

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

his wife has weird eyes, like she might be slow

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So are people butt hurt about the movie continuity not matching EU continuity?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

not really. movie continuity doesn't match movie continuity already. i think the general feeling is "well there's a lot of good EU material so hopefully they borrow from some of it" since there's also a not-insignificant amount of bad material in the EU.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think myself and most others would probably just hope they had the decency to leave the Thrawn trilogy as canon. Past that I could really care less but would be kinda peaved about that going bye bye.