+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Yeah, I'd be really surprised if Abrams is going to give any consideration to canon outside of the movies, and even then, there will almost assuredly be all kinds of retconning going on. If anything fits with canon, it'll probably be on accident.
    Events of the Thrawn trilogy would hopefully be considered absolute canon as well, otherwise the nerd tears would drown out the world.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Script has been printed.

Soon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Events of the Thrawn trilogy would hopefully be considered absolute canon as well, otherwise the nerd tears would drown out the world.
    My heart would absolutely break if Thrawn wasn't including in the future of Star Wars movies. He's such an awesome and complex character.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Skullgirl View Post
    My heart would absolutely break if Thrawn wasn't including in the future of Star Wars movies. He's such an awesome and complex character.
    He would be perfect for one of those spin-off movies they plan to make also if they decide to include him as a trilogy character at some point.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post

Script has been printed.

Soon.jpg
    BadRobot?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullgirl View Post
    This. Arguably one of the best characters that never had a mention in a single movie for the SW universe. Personally, I wouldn't mind if he ripped out nearly every bit of the novels in favor of burning some new canonical movies with characters roughly hewn from the EU. It worked well with Star Trek, it'd work pretty darn well for this.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    BadRobot?
    idk if this is what you're asking, but

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Star Wars the Musical?

<redacted>

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

one of Efron's first roles (I think) was in Firefly

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gossling as Anakin Skywalker? Isn't he a prebusent teen in the books? How far in the future are we talking about here? That sucks if they're skipping Dark Empire arc

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Gossling as Anakin Skywalker?
    wut?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Er... I meant Ben. Confused him with Han and Leia's youngest

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-c...isode-vii.html
    Star Wars Celebration Europe 2013: John Williams to Score Star Wars: Episode VII
    July 27, 2013

John Williams, the legendary composer who crafted the iconic, sweeping music of all six films in the Star Wars saga, is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced today at Star Wars Celebration Europe. Williams' grand orchestral compositions for Star Wars are among the most beloved and recognizable in movie history, from the classic "Main Title" theme introduced in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope to the ominous "Imperial March" from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back to the stirring "Duel of the Fates" from the prequel trilogy.

Williams, whose career spans over six decades, has won five Academy Awards and has scored some of the most popular and critically acclaimed films of all time, including Jaws, the Indiana Jones series, E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, Lincoln, and countless others.

The composer joins a growing list of all-star creators including director J.J. Abrams, screenwriter Michael Arndt, and consultants Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg, who are shaping Star Wars: Episode VII, currently set for a 2015 release.

Watch StarWars.com's new interview with Williams below, in which he discusses composing the music for Star Wars: Episode VII, working with Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams, and why he's excited about returning to a galaxy far, far away.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://badassdigest.com/2013/09/02/b...s-episode-vii/
    Last week I mentioned that all of the movie bloggers were sitting on one bit of Star Wars casting rumor. That rumor has finally been published, and now I can weigh in with my own thoughts: Screencrush is reporting that Benedict Cumberbatch may appear in Star Wars Episode VII.

I've heard this too, and I've heard the role he's up for is that of a bad guy, almost certainly a Sith. And it's a major role, one that will continue throughout the whole new trilogy. This part is why he dropped out of Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak.

But it's not a done deal, and it may not yet come together. There are some other commitments Cumberbatch will have to break to secure the part. In the meantime, I know that there have been official denials coming down from multiple channels - these denials are why the story didn't break in a trade - but with a JJ Abrams production I never believe the denials. That's not to say I think Cumberbatch is guaranteed the part, I just ignore the denials and wait for the official announcement

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd rather Cumberbatch play Thrawn. Paint him blue and he'd be perfect for the role.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

YES

Fuck that, they need to cast Rimmer instead. Star Wars is in dire need of a smug bastard whom the audience loves to hate.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Thrawn isn't that guy, though. Cumberpatch is perfect for Thrawn. Brilliant, somewhat arrogant, not truly evil but still a bad guy.... but one you can like.

There are plenty of other characters who could be that guy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I thought they were categorically ignoring EU for the new movies?