+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lucas already did all that with the prequels, and there were plenty of butthurt die hard fans. They already have John Williams doing the music, so as far as I'm concerned these movies can only get better.

My only concern is how they are going to do these movies with all of the existing expanded universe stuff that's already out there. Think about, Star Wars purists AND book purists? That's like... a whole new level of fans with butts who need hurting.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Based on having seen the first Star Trek and hearing about how good the sequel is, I'm all for the same treatment for Star Wars. Any butthurt fans can go force choke themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Lucas already did all that with the prequels
    mmm See I could argue against that, I'm not a die hard fan. I remember watching the originals a number of times, and they were enjoyable for what they were, they are classics. The newer prequels, were just, meh. They were just so damn boring, half of it was seeing flying vehicles over a panoramic of a city.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As of right now, there's still no official casting for Star Wars: Episode VII, but at this point it's common sense that Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher will be back to reprise the roles that made them famous. Of course, there's still several other lead characters that need to be cast in the film as well. We've heard several times already that this seventh film in the saga will pass the torch to a younger generation of actors.

According to El Mayimbe from Latino Review, one of the actors that Disney, Lucasfilm, and J.J. Abrams are looking at is Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The actor worked with Abrams in 2006's Mission: Impossible III. According to the site, "this is a name that has been thrown around a lot." There's no confirmation of this, and the film is still early in the process of development.

There's no word on who he'll be playing if this turns out to be true, but he's a solid actor, and it seems like he'd fit in with the Star Wars universe. Meyers has also starred in The Tudors and plays Dracula in the upcoming NBC series.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/20...isode-vii.html
    http://latino-review.com/2013/05/20/...s-episode-vii/

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

J.J. Begins to Bring his Star Trek Staff Over to Star Wars
    http://geektyrant.com/storage/0998-p...-episode-v.jpg
    Star Trek costume designer Michael Kaplan has confirmed that he'll be teaming back up with J.J. Abrams to design the costumes that we'll end up seeing in Star Wars: Episode VII. Here's what he told Clothes on Film in an interview:

I am very excited to be working on Star Wars. I’m so looking forward to collaborating, once again, with JJ.
    Kaplan has also worked with Abrams on Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, and other classic films such as Fight Club and Blade Runner.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/23...episode-v.html
    http://clothesonfilm.com/costume-des...ars-vii/31186/

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lens flare lightsaber battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Lens flare lightsaber battles?
    Lens sabers, or Flare sabers?

Wait. already prepared..

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/a...in/13/A70-6911

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Casting Details
    • Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
    • Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
    • A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
    • Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
    • A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
    • Forty something male, fit, military type.
    • Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...medium=twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Furionstormrage View Post
    You know, I'm one of those guys who, as a kid, had the original trilogy memorized, my room was nothing but Star Wars posters, I spent all my money on Star Wars toys, etc..

I camped out for tickets to Episode One, I did the same for Episode Two (thinking, it couldn't possibly be as bad)...

I'm just finding it hard to get excited about this. I'd almost prefer to hide in my little bubble where only the first movies and the good books/comics exist, and 1-3 don't exist.
    This, except I was too poor/not fan enough to get toys, I still remember my cousins having most of the vehicles just on display collecting dust. Millennium Falcon Q.Q

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can't help but notice the 2 female roles must be "fit", while several of the male roles do not require this. It made me laugh at gender requirements/stereotypes.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    I can't help but notice the 2 female roles must be "fit", while several of the male roles do not require this. It made me laugh at gender requirements/stereotypes.
    Every male role requires "fit" other than the seventy year old and one thirty year old. He's probably not one of the main characters. Don't think its particularly gender stereotype.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yknow, thinking about this, i wouldnt mind if JJ abrams does go off and do kinda his own thing, but i hope he at least keeps the characters introduced in the EU (and stays roughly on the same general story arc). Some of them are boss, like Pellaeon. Dudes like the single best case for why the Empire could ever have been a good idea. And that casting description makes me hopeful; Pellaeon would be about the right age for that military dude in his 40s.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless they want to completely destroy the established timeline (or have this next trilogy exist in some isolated corner of the universe), they're going to have to use a lot of EU characters.

Especially if we're to assume Jace/Jaina figure prominently, since damn near every waking moment of their lives has been covered already ( at least if were working with the teen/twenty something age range).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They need to decide what is canon. Because the whole Chewbacca being dead thing matters too.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Every male role requires "fit" other than the seventy year old and one thirty year old. He's probably not one of the main characters. Don't think its particularly gender stereotype.
    Hm, you are correct though the last guy doesn't have to be "fit" persay. I misread the crap out of that last night.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    damn so close to this if only i was fit! back to the drawing board for me

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Lucas' policy was always movies > everything else in terms of cannon. I don't see why Abrams would change this considering that doing so would only serve to put pretty tight constraints on the story he can tell.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if Abrams is going to give any consideration to canon outside of the movies, and even then, there will almost assuredly be all kinds of retconning going on. If anything fits with canon, it'll probably be on accident.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was fucking awesome in the Tudors.