+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SDSD View Post
    I thought they were categorically ignoring EU for the new movies?
    It hasn't been stated either way, but Thrawn trilogy is in a way already part of the movie verse via the names of some worlds being used in the prequel trilogy.

And as I mentioned prior, the nerd tears if Zahn's work got written out would drown the world.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I thought they were categorically ignoring EU for the new movies?
    Most of the stories etc. that happened in the EU they will probably ignore. Some of the characters introduced by the EU(Mara Jade, Thrawn, the Solo twins, etc.)? Not so much I would think. Already rumors out there that Jaina Solo is expected to be one of the main characters going forward.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    a smug bastard whom the audience loves to hate.
    Oh god the roles Jack Gleeson will have as he gets older, the horror of them

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would love it if they did some form of the Thrawn Trilogy. If they go with Jacen and Jaina, my guess is they will play up the whole Jacen turning to the dark side with Jaina fighting him. DRAMA!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    I would love it if they did some form of the Thrawn Trilogy. If they go with Jacen and Jaina, my guess is they will play up the whole Jacen turning to the dark side with Jaina fighting him. DRAMA!
    Yeah that was one of the early rumors reported.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i don't really like the idea of them doing that, it only kind of worked in the books because of all the shit that went down with the yuuzhan vong and anakin and at least making it seem plausible that jacen would want to establish order at any cost or w/e

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    i don't really like the idea of them doing that, it only kind of worked in the books because of all the shit that went down with the yuuzhan vong and anakin and at least making it seem plausible that jacen would want to establish order at any cost or w/e
    this

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Could theoretically set it up in movie #1 but we'd be looking at a 6 hour movie just to make sure it's told right lol. And if that were the case why not make the trilogy about the yuuzhan vong and the war?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Oh god the roles Jack Gleeson will have as he gets older, the horror of them
    Hes retiring after GoT or so he says

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

the 'vong war would work better as a TV series I think. It's a LOT of content, lol. I haven't read them all, because there's so many it'd be like 100 bucks to buy the whole set, and my local libraries don't have them all. A lot of the smaller series' would work as movies, though. Like the Thrawn trilogy. The X-Wing series would do well in either format, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Fuck that, they need to cast Rimmer instead. Star Wars is in dire need of a smug bastard whom the audience loves to hate.
    Cast him as one of the Empire Remnant folks. That's pretty much typecasting for "smug British bastard" in the SW universe, but it'd work. If there's anything, it's that the Empire manages to function perfectly well without a loony-tune pack of Sith in charge, and likely does better without them more often than not. One of the few blessings SWTOR gave me was an appreciation of the warped, slightly blackened version of the British Empire the Sith/Galactic Empire-Remnant remains throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It hasn't been stated either way, but Thrawn trilogy is in a way already part of the movie verse via the names of some worlds being used in the prequel trilogy.

And as I mentioned prior, the nerd tears if Zahn's work got written out would drown the world.
    Also, Zahn's work is some of the most solid EU writing of the bunch, and "early" enough in the SW timeline that it'd be ideal for giving a framework to wrap a new trilogy around.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hell I didn't even like it in the books. Not so much the Jacen turning bit that I was fine with. Just the execution of it in the series was poorly done in my opinion. Troy Denning went from one of my favorite EU authors to one of my least favorite the past couple years. I would love to see them do a Vong movie(which is something Whedon said he would do if he was ever doing Star Wars movies) but that is something they should build towards. Establish the new universe post-empire and everything first before bringing in this huge threat from outside the known galaxy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

JJ Responds to the Following video
    About a month ago an animated open letter to director J.J. Abrams was posted online that shared four rules to make Star Wars great again. Abrams has seen the video, and responds to it in a interview with The Times. While talking about it, he hints at the tone of the film he's making and how they will go back to the basics. When asked about it, this is what he said,

I would say that [the video conveys] a feeling that we share very much. I loved how Star Wars had that sense of a world far beyond the borders of what you can see and have been told. It's one of the things it did so brilliantly. If you watch the first movie, you don't actually know exactly what the Empire is trying to do. They're going to rule by fear - but you don't know what their end game is. The beauty of that movie was that it was an unfamiliar world, and yet you wanted to see it expand and to see where it went.
    Abrams goes on to explain that he can also relate to the younger Star Wars audience and the prequels, saying,

A lot of kids who saw all the prequels when they were young really do identify with those movies as much as my generation identified with the originals.
    I'm sure Abrams figured out a way to strike a balance between both trilogies. It sounds like he'll be leaning more toward the original though, which is the way I think most fans would like it.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/jj-abrams...at-again-video
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/magazi...cle3906891.ece

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Enjoy your mary sue

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    Enjoy your mary sue
    Is this legitimate?

Thomas seems close to Zekk, but Zekk was an orphan. The casting description implies he grew with at least a mother.

Rachel seems like a female version of Han Solo. But honestly, the kind of heroine it looks like they want to cast was obvious.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Rachel could potentially be Tahiri Veila, who lost her parents at a young age and grew up with sand people.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is this legitimate?

Thomas seems close to Zekk, but Zekk was an orphan. The casting description implies he grew with at least a mother.

Rachel seems like a female version of Han Solo. But honestly, the kind of heroine it looks like they want to cast was obvious.
    Kyp Durron is another option for the male role. While he grew up in the spice mines of Kessel without either parent he did have a mother figure in them at one point.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

That was my first thought, but she came to the Jedi Academy at a young age, before she was even a teenager. It makes sense that they would revisit Tatooine again for the start of a new trilogy, but some of the dates and small details don't really line up.

Though if they do bring her in, maybe with Kasdan on board, they will be serious about showing her going to the dark side. That also brings up the Anakin Skywalker issue, unless they elect to combine his and Jacen's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Kyp Durron is another option for the male role. While he grew up in the spice mines of Kessel without either parent he did have a mother figure in them at one point.
    Hmm that makes a ton of sense. He had an elder female Jedi as some sort of mentor for awhile. It also makes sense with some sort of analog to the Suncrusher or the like out of the Maw Installation as the big antagonist of VII.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

If they do Kyp, they might do the whole First Class thing Skywalker did, with Streen and the other adult/young adult students. That would be fun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Felt like the appropriate place for this:

Imagine if this had happened, how different 1-3 could have been..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast