BG Level

lol @ suggesting heroic raiding is anything remotely like f2p grinding

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm more surprised that there's still 8mil subs with how bad MoP is.

Ridill
    BG Level

the raids are great for the most part, it's just that everything else sucks balls

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    the raids are great for the most part, it's just that everything else sucks balls
    FUCK OFF

Spoiler: show
    pokemon is fun

lol @ suggesting heroic raiding is anything remotely like f2p grinding
    Grinding your ass off for random dropped loot = grinding your ass off for random dropped loot
    Farming rep with bullshit factions = farming rep with bullshit factions

Also doesn't the new raid have the super random Thunderforged pieces that can drop as well? Making it even more grindy for people who want the top level shit?

Not the same as lot of F2P mmos out there, but akin to some f2P games. Others are easier/retardo-harder/pay2win bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level

When heroic raids are being "grinded" it's a couple hours one night a week.

The time spent on heroic raiding is all about progression. In most cases, the higher end groups spend less time than the lower ones. That's slightly less true this expansion, although still very true at the highest end (people that are already full clearing ToT+raden).

Example: my old guild was way more casual than the one I'm in now. It still raided 12 hours a week through DS literally all the way to the last week when they finally got deathwing.

Meanwhile I had transferred a month or so before and was full clearing heroic ds in barely over an hour *with 9 people* and a carry suiciding every fight.

Even this expansion, where we took like a month and a half to get our first full msv heroic clear, a few weeks later we ran it with 9 in a couple hours on a test run to make sure we could sell carries. We never did bother, though, because we still had actual progression to do. Meanwhile the really good guilds were selling full ToES heroic carries, and to multiple people at a time in 25's.

Further, buying carries to the point that you'd become super geared would be both prohibitively expensive, and require luck plus the work of a lot of people to get you set up.

The vast majority of carries in WoW are for titles/mounts/achieves. Yeah, you'll sell some full carries with all gear at a slightly inflated price, but it's a whole hell of a lot easier to find buyers for just title/mount, and maybe something specific like gurth.

Ridill
    BG Level

In short, the hard part of getting new kills in heroic raids isn't about finding people that can spend 40 hours a week, week in and week out raiding for loot; it's putting together a group of people that can stay alive while performing like this:

How much gear you need to do that is a function of your skill; you don't get more gear by raiding more without dramatically increasing skill, because you have to kill harder things.

There's an enormous difference between putting in time grinding aimlessly and putting in time learning encounters.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They could lose another 5 million subscribers and the game would still be fine and have content developed for it. I mean, how many subscription based mmo's out there even break 1 million subscribers? If wow has to, it'll add micro transactions (more anyway) on top of its subscription fees and they'll still be rolling in the money.

Getting tired of all these wow clones and wowkillers and basically everything. F2P shit gets so boring so fast and people just come right back to wow. I play moba's and other f2p mmo games and I still keep paying for and logging into wow once in a while, even if its less often then ever.

I guess relevant:
    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Seriously though, Titan couldn't be timed any better. Company knows how to make money, that's for sure.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    FUCK OFF

Spoiler: show
    pokemon is fun
    ^ The reason why I got sucked back in and what I do 99% of my time. That and getting rare pets.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have an Eye of the Legion that I'm pretty proud of. Was on AH for 10000g.

The good thing is, since I unsubscribed but have another (f2p that I used for making self raids with before patch) account attached to the same battle.net account,I have all my pets/mounts that I've collected over the 1.5 years that I could use up to level 20.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    They could lose another 5 million subscribers and the game would still be fine and have content developed for it. I mean, how many subscription based mmo's out there even break 1 million subscribers? If wow has to, it'll add micro transactions (more anyway) on top of its subscription fees and they'll still be rolling in the money.

Getting tired of all these wow clones and wowkillers and basically everything. F2P shit gets so boring so fast and people just come right back to wow. I play moba's and other f2p mmo games and I still keep paying for and logging into wow once in a while, even if its less often then ever.

I guess relevant:
    there's "f2p" out there that absolutely blow WoW completely out of the water, unfortunately they're all ruined by the fact that you need to pay 30-40 a month just to get all the basic features and then you're still not going to be anywhere near the top end of gear unless you're literally spending thousands

there's "f2p" out there that absolutely blow WoW completely out of the water, unfortunately they're all ruined by the fact that you need to pay 30-40 a month just to get all the basic features and then you're still not going to be anywhere near the top end of gear unless you're literally spending thousands
    Which f2p games?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

all the f2p games i've played have completely sucked in comparison to WoW. i'm sorry but gw2/war/rift/tera are all balls. as i previously said.. it's not just WoW suffering it's just mmo's in general. they are a dying breed

To say MMO is a dying breed is stupid. Clearly there is a market for them, an ever growing market. As there has always been a market for RPG's there will always be a market for MMORPGs. "MMO's in general" include all genres of Massive Multiplayer Games, from Farmville, to Call of Duty, to World or Warcraft. Claiming that this huge market shift to Online interaction is nothing more then the dying breath of what once was a great market, from your retrospective recollection, is just uneducated.

Who rustled your jimmies to think something like that, bro?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

clearly when i said mmo's i meant mmorpg's as i referenced to my earlier post, in which i said that moba type games are becoming increasingly popular. i'm sorry that you are so closed minded that you probably only play mmorpg's and my post has moved you to the point of butthurt that what you're a fan of is becoming increasingly unpopular.

it's not a growing market, at best it's stagnant. people are playing moba and fps types more frequently and mmorpg's less. you can see the effects of it in the mmorpg's you play or by just looking at the popularity at the above mentioned

edit: you've editted your post like 3 times just in the time i took to respond i'm not going to bother hitting the rest of it

technically only like once to add the jimmies part.

Edit: "added like"

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    imo, MMOs are currently a dying breed, i'm honestly surprised WoW even has that many subscribers. moba-type games are way more popular right now.
    Gross, mobas have the worst communities I've ever seen. If I went back to highschool in the worst neighborhood in the universe I'd find a more friendly nice community than anything a moba gives me. Moba gameplay is very bland, having to level up everytime you play and grind out your items, as well as relying on 4 other chucklefucks is instant no to me. I'll have fun for 1 game of a moba, then realize I need to do the exact same thing the next game, and hadn't won this game because my teammates are mentally handicapped then never want to play again for the rest of the day.

I don't know why mobas are so popular, or why their communities are the worst of any video game genre in existance, but they have been around since fucking 2003 on WC3. I don't see the sudden boom in popularity right now, considering they've been around since 2003.

WOW was a pretty fun game but it's very archaic now, there's so many "duh" changes that should've happened in the game in ~2006 that they are just now doing in 2013, or talking about doing, especially PVP related changes. The completely killed off servers and server communities with cross-server shit, LFR, dungeon queueing, etc. The main reason I fell in love with WOW was because I made so many friends and played with all them. Now it's very hard to make friends with how easy everything is, and how cross server works, and how you never really talk to or play with the same people multiple times unless you're in a raiding guild, but raiding isn't my thing. Also with the ability to just sit in the major city and queue for bgs/arenas/raids/heroics with 0 emphasis on the world, I lost all interest in the game. I love world PVP, I love a giant world, I love communities, I don't like playing in a lobby game pretending to be a MMO. Catering to casuals, dumbing the game down, making it easier, making it faster to travel places, instant queues, all that shit, etc completely ruined the game for me.

I never did like the games PVE and enjoyed the PVP, but they made the PVP worse every expansion, as shown by the 100+ gladiators in TBC compared to the 12(I think?) per BG in MOP. The game also releases content at a hilariously slow rate, yet has the balls to charge you $15/month. I know PLENTY of F2P games that releases content much faster, and adds tons more content than blizzard does without charging you $15/month or being pay to win. The fuck blizzard?

I mainly don't understand how the game still has so many subs, or how it had so many, especially during CAT, when there was >>10 MONTHS<< of no new content, they even said "we won't be adding new content until MOP". The fuck were people staying subbed for?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I didn't even know what a moba was and had to look it up. >.> I have no idea why those would even be compared to MMORPGs. Only way I can see people that enjoy MMOs playing moba games is dependant entirely on their interest in PVP. I have 0 interest in PVP and would never play a moba game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I didn't even know what a moba was and had to look it up. >.> I have no idea why those would even be compared to MMORPGs. Only way I can see people that enjoy MMOs playing moba games is dependant entirely on their interest in PVP. I have 0 interest in PVP and would never play a moba game.
    MOBA pvp isn't fun in 2013 anyways, it was fun in 2003 but not anymore. Smite is the only MOBA I enjoy, and I don't enjoy the "Conquest"(Normal moba) mode of it. It doesn't have RTS view or play like a RTS, it's like an action game and very fluid/fun to play.