Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kakumeiki Valvrave     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This episode had the worst writing of any series I've seen since Guilty Crown. Maybe worse.

Just an absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    This episode had the worst writing of any series I've seen since Guilty Crown. Maybe worse.

Just an absolute disgrace.
    Felt like it was leading up to this. But it's always been melodramatic.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just finished the subtitled version.

Nah, this isn't melodramatic. This is just really awful writing. Worse than the end of Geass, worse than fanfiction.

I've literally never encountered anything worse than this.

I'm done with the series, actually.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

What the what..?
    Spoiler: show

So, the kids are immortal, so you're going to start shooting them. No one found it weird that none of the kids that were shot got up again??

Uggggg.. I don't understand how a series with such promise last season became this mess.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Also, am I the only one who wanted Shoko to die..?

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Also, am I the only one who wanted Shoko to die..?
    HAHA

No. Definitely not.

They definitely could've handled that better. Seems like all the smart people who could've helped were as far away from that situation as they could be.

But we all knew this series was suspect when Rukino got raped.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

this show is horrible

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The last 5 minutes would have been good if the whole reason for this episode's plot
    wasn't "everyone is fucking dumb, let's believe what the political assholes are saying". The sheer willingess of both sides of the war to suddenly totally agree to team up is stretching the imagination, but for the non-pilots to be so fucking dumb about, at worst, making deals with people who have repeatedly fucked you over several times is beyond dumb.

This is what happens when L-Elf isn't around to tell all the little children they're being fucking dumb.

Code Geass sort of spoilers, if you're a dinosaur
    Was the whole "accidentally killing all the Japanese" thing treated with such silliness at the time it aired, or did that actually have some punch? I didn't watch until after the whole series had completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The last 5 minutes would have been good if the whole reason for this episode's plot
    wasn't "everyone is fucking dumb, let's believe what the political assholes are saying". The sheer willingess of both sides of the war to suddenly totally agree to team up is stretching the imagination, but for the non-pilots to be so fucking dumb about, at worst, making deals with people who have repeatedly fucked you over several times is beyond dumb.

This is what happens when L-Elf isn't around to tell all the little children they're being fucking dumb.

Code Geass sort of spoilers, if you're a dinosaur
    Was the whole "accidentally killing all the Japanese" thing treated with such silliness at the time it aired, or did that actually have some punch? I didn't watch until after the whole series had completed.
    My reaction to that episode of Geass was pretty much the same as this one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I can't remember.. is the president a Magius? I'm assuming yes, cause that explains how quickly everything worked out. Still doesn't explain anyone else who saw the kids getting shot and not getting up though..

I'm not spoilering the Geass part. I remember it as being more of a "wtf are you shitting me moment." Like the collapse and Euphy's death were big, but the whole the geass becoming permanent and activating at the worst possible time aspect was just irritating.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I can't remember.. is the president a Magius? I'm assuming yes, cause that explains how quickly everything worked out. Still doesn't explain anyone else who saw the kids getting shot and not getting up though..
    ARUS president isn't. He's just part of the secret council thing. Last I remember anyways.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The Geass moment was handled a lot better than this. Yes, it was questionable, but you could rationalize it out afterwards, especially with how it affected the direction of the plot.

I liken this moment to the very end of Geass where one snarky speech from Schneizel turns the entire Black Knights on Lelouch. That's about as bad as this.

It's cheap, but I'll probably see how it ends considering there are only a few episodes left?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    I liken this moment to the very end of Geass where one snarky speech from Schneizel turns the entire Black Knights on Lelouch. That's about as bad as this.
    I don't know why I didn't think of that instead. Guess I didn't really commit S2 of Geass to memory that well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

One of the things that really pissed me off about the permanent geass was how easily it was remedied in season 2. It felt like they made the geass permanent just so Euphy could go crazy, and then switched everything back to the way it was with the magic contact. Then again, part of that might have to do with season 2 being a giant load of garbage, soooo......

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

L-elf was the only reason I watched this, so I'll probably end up finishing it for that if nothing else.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i got a feeling this show would be so much better as "the eru erufu and saki show"

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Assuming it ends in 5(?) episodes, I think this season would have been a lot better if it had at least another 13 episodes. At least now, it feels like going to Earth was solely
    to lose Saki and kill Liselotte.

For the rest of the characters, it was essentially get to Earth, steal rocket, return to space. And yet, it took how many episodes? I dunno.. I want the finale to be good, but the bar is set pretty low atm..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How are they going to resolve this series in 2 episodes? lol

It's like Guilty Crown all over again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

You know a third season is coming -- or it'll end setting up the future and leave it all open..