Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Glorious.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Her tits are NOT that big in the animu, i want a recount

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Mako will be the final boss.

Black Belt
    BG Level

while I enjoy the actions and whatnot, I just feel like most of the transitional crap (pretty much everything with mako and her family) a bit unenjoyable to watch because of the exaggeration for the sake of exaggeration

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    while I enjoy the actions and whatnot, I just feel like most of the transitional crap (pretty much everything with mako and her family) a bit unenjoyable to watch because of the exaggeration for the sake of exaggeration

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know i'm "that guy", but i did not enjoy the first two episodes at all. I'll give episode 3 a shot tonight, but the plot just seems rushed so far and i've never been big on gratutious T&A for the sake of T&A.

After how amazing 'Attack on Titan' was/is, i'm trying to find something comparable to it. Got my wife started on Samurai Champloo (she has never watched Anime so that's pretty cool) so will be watching those again

Bleach has so far not appealed to me through episode 3 :/
    Tried Sword Art Online and was pretty interesting up to episode 10ish and then it got... stupid and i hear it never got better ;/
    Burnt through the 12 episodes of Gargantia of the verdous planet, which i enjoyed, but clearly i'm gonna be waiting on it for a while.

Anyway, these questions i have should not be in this thread.
    Here's hoping episode 3 can draw me in /shrug.

Champloo's a terrible show to start someone on, I think, but over time I think I've come to dislike roughly 60% of Adult Swim's anime choices over the years.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    After how amazing 'Attack on Titan' was/is, i'm trying to find something comparable to it. Got my wife started on Samurai Champloo (she has never watched Anime so that's pretty cool) so will be watching those again
    The trouble is, Attack on Titan is shounen, but it really straddles the line on being seinen in tone.
    There isn't much that's 90% serious that also has tons of epic action, most core shounen is going to have traits that will make you want to do some EoD without a suit.

You might try Berserk, but it's slower paced, and lower key on the action front. The original Last Exile might be worth a shot. You can also give Black Lagoon a go, especially if you're big on Tarantino.
    EDIT: Fate/zero should be fine as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, highly recommend fate/zero. Seems like something that would be up your ally.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

about to watch episode 3 of KlaK, but Canith, if i could, what do you mean by Shounen? and Seinen?

I'll check both of those out, after i get done with Titty Scissor adventure-pa-looza

Edit> Both of those being Fate/zero and Last Exile & Black Lagoon... that's 3... meh.. too far into this poorly structured sentance to back space now..... YOLO

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Pretty much this. It's like someone spliced scenes from Gurran Lagann and FLCL together. It looks cool, really fucking cool in fact, but ehh... That's about it. So far its enough to keep me watching though.

The transitions and stuff are quick paced and flash by your eyes, but it's basically the same thing that happens in monogatari series. You just gotta get used to it and not concentrate too hard on each specific thing rather than just taking it all in as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    about to watch episode 3 of KlaK, but Canith, if i could, what do you mean by Shounen? and Seinen?

I'll check both of those out, after i get done with Titty Scissor adventure-pa-looza

Edit> Both of those being Fate/zero and Last Exile & Black Lagoon... that's 3... meh.. too far into this poorly structured sentance to back space now..... YOLO
    Shounen means it's for boys/teenagers. Stuff like Naruto and most famously I guess DBZ. Seinen is intended for adults and usually contains a lot more graphic violence and mature themes, shit like Berserk.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like Mako, the nonsense is part of the show. It's a comedy.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

maybe i'll check berserk out, thanks elcura

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Spoiler: show

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

bloody hilarious

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The transitions and stuff are quick paced and flash by your eyes, but it's basically the same thing that happens in monogatari series. You just gotta get used to it and not concentrate too hard on each specific thing rather than just taking it all in as a whole.
    I did mention to my friend how I felt that Trigger was the Anti-SHAFT, I guess I just prefer more subtlety and nuances in those transitional phase.

I get the same vibe from those monogatari frames, I just don't really enjoy it being overly exaggerated and dumbed down like those conversation in speed racer as opposed to monogatari's symbolic images, subtle motion, or obscure references, but that may just be my pretentious hipster weeaboo talking.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

World first?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You know sometimes I regret all the work I've put into the gym. It's put way too high of standards on my women.

I would have thought she was fucking smoking 5 years ago

Skinnyfat/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast