+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    My God this last episode...

Spoiler: show

They kept bringing up the Chinese but I never guessed that Cheng would make an appearance
    Did not see Cheng coming either.. between this and the Russians Jack's past is really coming back to bite him in the ass. The end of the season is shaping up to be pretty amazing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

"Just to be clear, I wasn't asking I was being courteous"

So fucking badass.

Every time he yells "WHERE IS THE _______" (insert whatever he's looking for) when he's interrogating people, I just feel good inside

So good, three-way showdown between the US, Chinese and Russians, and with the Brits right next door. I just want Jack to be able to go home to his grandkid and be a grandpapi, living out his days happily.

After they make a 24 Movie.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

NO IT CANT END THERES TOO MUCH TO DO AND ITS TOO GOOD

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ps. Did they say an hour special event for the finale? Did they mean two hours..?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe the hour special event is a montage of Jack kicking people's asses.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Does anyone else cringe everytime somone says the word nucular. That word should be worthy of a falcon punch at this point.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

missed posting it but yo benjamin bratt your hand's broke yo

Sea Torques
    BG Level

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote...nale-and-more/

Looks like the so called "Time Jump." is still in. The last episode will jump forward 12 hours after the conclusion of the days events so everyone has had time to "process" what happened.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I don't get it

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's so they can use the restroom.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    http://www.givememyremote.com/remote...nale-and-more/

Looks like the so called "Time Jump." is still in. The last episode will jump forward 12 hours after the conclusion of the days events so everyone has had time to "process" what happened.
    Yeah I figured that would be the case after seeing the preview for the next episode. It will likely go 10pm - 10:41pm then commercial break -> Time Jump 10:46am - 11:00am

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Goodbye, Audrey.

There's gonna be another season, right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Goodbye, Audrey.

There's gonna be another season, right?
    There damn well better be. No way Jack gets a silent clock to end the series.

And damn, Sutherland absolutely nailed the scene when he found out about Audrey. Best shot of the season IMHO.

I do actually mind the ending after rebuilding all of Jack and Audrey's history only to end it like that, though the time skip and silent clock are much worse offenders. When (and dear god there better be a when) they do a Day 10, if they keep this format they need to:

A: Do a story block of 2-3 hours and then a 2 hour skip, 2-3 story, 2 hour skip, etc
    B: Allow enough time to run the final 2 episodes as a finale together so they can skip in large 5-6 hour blocks
    C: Have a 13th episode for the same reason as above, but to allow enough time to cover everything
    D: Increase it to 16-18 episodes

And dear god that silent clock for Jack. No way they would end it like that without actually killing him off. It feels like they ran out of time with the new format and made due by tacking this on at the end as a failsafe if it didn't get a Day 10. Assholes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I knew the funeral was a red herring in the previews and I had a feeling it was going to be Audry that dies. But fuck...the moment Jack found out /ragemode activate. It was good to see intense bauer going for revenge and then the fatality at the end was the icing on the cake. Seriously, Jack gave Zero fucks this season, more so than usually with him Tossing Margot out the window and chopping Chengs head off. We need a Day 10 with someone going after Jacks Family and him escaping prison

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The final episode was good. The acting was excellent, especially on Jack and the President. Though I was kind of hoping that they would've given Jack a better ending. I kept waiting on Jack and Belcheck to pull something once they had Chloe. Or for Kate to miraculously show up and help them pull something.

I'm holding out hope for a Day 10, but I don't know if it'll happen at this point. I think I read in an interview somewhere that the creators have no plans to continue on, but of course that could always change if FOX throws barrels of money their way. I don't see a season starting from a prison break though, maybe another TV movie like Redemption leading into Day 10.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally caught the season finale. I got serious MGS vibes when they were raiding the ship at first, which is just funny given Kiefer's newest voice gig.

That being said, while I loved the season as a whole, I still feel so bad for Jack. Such a badass (and went MEGA BADASS when he found out Audrey died). The doode deserves his happy ending and spending his time with Elisha Cuthbert and his grandkid.

I guess kudos to the writers for being able to make me sympathize and hope for Bauer's ideal ending

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Chloe's eyeliner was bothering me the entire season. Did Simone die in the CIA infirmary? I don't remember her dying but she was definitely fucked up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Finally caught the season finale. I got serious MGS vibes when they were raiding the ship at first, which is just funny given Kiefer's newest voice gig.

That being said, while I loved the season as a whole, I still feel so bad for Jack. Such a badass (and went MEGA BADASS when he found out Audrey died). The doode deserves his happy ending and spending his time with Elisha Cuthbert and his grandkid.

I guess kudos to the writers for being able to make me sympathize and hope for Bauer's ideal ending
    Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the MGS vibes from this episode. I've been really skeptical about his new voice gig, but it's really starting to grow on me (just because I was a huge David Hayter fan while playing the games).

This really was, to me, a great season. I think the 12 hour format helps keep things moving at a better pace and allows for less "oh this isn't the real bad guy, this other guy was the mastermind, rinse and repeat formula.

I have to be honest though, knowing this was probably going to be the finale of 24, I was really hoping for an Audrey/Jack reunion and them living a happy life together as the timer ended. I guess it's my own fault for hoping for a happy ending knowing that no season has ever ended exactly happy for the main characters. The only thing I had semi-good "feels" was when the President was saying "soon, I won't even remember I had a daughter" because it would relieve him of the pain. Heller made for an awesome president though, almost as good as Palmer was in the first few seasons.

So in the previews for this season, it showed Jack and Chloe leaving the scene of a bus explosion or something like that. They never ended up using that in the season did they? I thought for sure that's how it was going to end since it hadn't happened yet and I was going to be like "oh cool, they used one of the last scenes for the preview". I guess that really was a teaser, which is a shame because it looked like a really good scene.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I thought that was in the first episode when he broke her out.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am going to attempt the 24 panel at Comic-Con on Thursday so if they have any information about a 10th season I'll post it in here.