+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Rift: Goes F2P June 12     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Joystiq said the layoffs were amended, not as many as people were assuming. i.e. not 80% of the company

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The idea of REX is pretty awesome. Being able to buy the real money currency with in-game currency is an incredibly attractive part of any F2P model.

I just hope there's a cap on the cost, otherwise you get GW2's ridiculous inflation while in-game moneymaking methods don't change or even deflate due to diminishing demand.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PvP at the moment is decently well balanced. Riftblade/Tempest in Warrior is a bit too strong and Pyromancer in Mage is borderline overpowered, but aside from that it's generally fine. All four callings have many viable specs and TTK is just right except where gear imbalance is involved.

Gear imbalance however -is- the annoying thing. It will take a short time after hitting 60 before you are up to par... you can still do well without, it's not r1~r8 days of gear imbalance, but the difference is still fairly striking. If you play for a decent amount of time, you'll be up to par in less than a week though, so it's not too ridiculous (but you will still be disadvantaged for a fairly long time).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The grind from r1-r6 was awful, especially because defiants didn't have very many good pvpers, and the guards had that one premade that would wreck shit. Only dude I remember was Shivers(warrior) and his pocket healer or some shit.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Pyromancer in Mage is borderline overpowered
    Surely it can't be nearly as bad as at launch.... they nerfed it at least a little... right?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

OP at launch? Saboteur

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    OP at launch? Saboteur
    I remember it fondly.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Surely it can't be nearly as bad as at launch.... they nerfed it at least a little... right?
    Nowhere near that bad. Today's Pyromancer is a completely different beast. Weaker, but more mobile. Its burst capability is very scary, but its dps between bursts is pretty unexciting.

Rb/Tempest is just a fist full of destruction. Inquisitor is survivable and strong, and Marksman has great utility + damage. It's fairly balanced at the moment, with some advantage to Riftblade/Tempest as far as the "premier" DPS specs go. Then you have the other viable ones which trade off some DPS for various different benefits.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sab used to piss me off so hard, these level 11 fuckers would load me up and blow me the fuck up before I could touch them, mind you I was 19 :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5