FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its not that GT is doing anything wrong (yet), its just that it looks so underwhelming compared to what else is out there on the market. Forza completely blows this away just based on the vids in the games thread.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Micro-Transactions confirmed, pre-order details
    Gran Turismo 6 publisher Sony has revealed that Polyphony Digital’s racer includes microtransactions.

Sony revealed the in-game credits format in a post on PS Blog EU.

An excerpt from the blog reads, “From launch at retail you’ll find a new option for building your ultimate fantasy car collection. In-game credits will be purchasable through PS Store or your friendly local retailer at the following denominations: 500K, 1 million, 2.5 million or 7 million credits which you’ll be able to apply in-game for cars and parts.”

It follows confirmation that Gran Turismo 6 pre-orders are now open on the PlayStation Store in both standard and special edition format. The special edition includes 20 bonus cars, PSN avatars, paint chips, race suits and helmets. Pre-order customers for either version will also get the Precision DLC pack free of charge.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/19/gran...onus-detailed/
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...dits-detailed/

wat

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

GPS Visualizer
    A side-by-side comparison on Willow Springs Raceway - Streets with the use of GPS coordinate data transferred from a '13 Scion FR-S with the CAN-Gateway ECU to Gran Turismo 6.

The technology utilizes the 'CAN-Gateway ECU', a real time driving data transmission system developed by Toyota and Denso. Information such as position information, vehicle speed, engine RPM, accelerator pedal stroke, steering angle, brake signals, etc. are logged in the 'CAN-Gateway ECU' while driving. This driving data can then be saved onto a USB memory stick, and by connecting this to a Playstation 3, the real driving conditions can be recreated virtually within Gran Turismo. It's also possible to compete on the track against your real driving record recreated in game.
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mario Andretti’s First Love
    Every driver starts somewhere. Every driver starts with their first car – their First Love.

All great racers started their journey to greatness with their first car. The car that made them realize their dream of becoming a professional race car driver. You ask any driver or car enthusiasts about their First Love, and I’m sure they can remember the smallest detail, down to the long hours spent tuning the car up before a drive, or the thousands of hard earned dollars spent in making it just a bit (or a lot) faster than what factory delivered. I’m sure each of you have your own story of a First Love, and we want to hear about it.

For the legendary Mario Andretti, this is no different. He discovered his love and passion for racing after purchasing a beat up 1948 Hudson shell, which he and a group of friends hand-built, piece by piece, until it was ready to race two years later. The result of the project was ultimately the beginning of Mario Andretti’s legendary racing career though Indy, Daytona, and Formula 1.

To tell this story, we created a dedicated site experience for you to join others around the world to share your own first car memories, interact with special guests and other fans, and learn more about Mario Andretti’s legacy. The story will be unveiled in three chapters, each specifically concentrating on telling Andretti’s story, and how a beat up Hudson was the catalyst for his entire racing career. Additionally, follow the team from Polyphony as they rebuild the legendary Hudson and feature it as a playable experience in Gran Turismo 6.

Take part in the live rebuild experience, where you can share your first love stories!

Tune in to catch the three-part First Love documentary

• Chapter 1 – The Mario Andretti Story (Available Now)
    • Chapter 2 – Live Rebuild of the Hudson (Dec 2 – 7 @ 12pm – 8pm EST)
    • Chapter 3 – Hudson Reunion with Andretti (Dec 16 @ 12am EST)
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...is-first-love/
    http://playstation.gt6firstlove.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia has a new street
    http://images.vg247.com/current//201...ismo_drive.jpg
    The City of Bathurst has named an internal road on the Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit after Polyphony Digital’s racing sim.

Gran Turismo Drive was unveiled this morning at an on-site ceremony, celebrating the upcoming release of Gran Turismo 6 – the first in the series to feature the famous Mount Panorama track.

Racing veteran and gaming fan Shane Jacobson officially opened the newly-christened street together with Bathurst mayor Gary Rush.

Gran Turismo 6 is alos being added to Bathurst’s National Motor Racing Museum, allowing visitors to try a virtual recreation of the local circuit.

“We are extremely proud to be acknowledged by the City of Bathurst for the years of dedication we have invested in recreating Mount Panorama in Gran Turismo 6,” series creator Kazunori Yamauchi said.

“Since its inception 15 years ago, Gran Turismo has listened to fan feedback and added extra features so that we now offer 1,200 cars and 33 circuits from all across the world. It seems only right that the legendary Mount Panorama circuit is included as fans will now have a chance to drive one of the toughest tracks out there. With Mount Panorama immortalised in the Gran Turismo series, it is now truly remarkable to see GT immortalised on The Mount itself.”

“Driving a lap of our world famous motor racing circuit is a life changing experience for those who have the chance, and Bathurst Regional Council is very excited about opening up the Mount Panorama experience through the launch of Gran Turismo 6 this week,” Rush said.

“As custodians of a unique collection of the motor racing history of Mount Panorama at the National Motor Racing Museum, this partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment Australia is a great example of the how our Council is always looking for new and innovative ways to interpret the Mount Panorama experience to the world.

“Mount Panorama is a very special part of the history of Bathurst which will celebrate 200 years as a European settlement in 2015 and this event opens up the opportunity for a new worldwide audience of fans to experience this special place – especially as we believe we are the first council in Australia to name a road after a videogame franchise.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/03/gan-...newest-street/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    We already knew Polyphony's racer would include microtransactions - a first for the series. Now we're nearing the game's Friday 6th December release more information on how these work has been revealed.

Let's start with the virtual currency, credits. Credits, which you use to buy cars and parts, can be bought in 500K, 1 million, 2.5 million and 7 million denominations.

The PlayStation Store updated today with the prices for these. They are as follows:

• 500,000 In-Game Credits (£3.99/€4.99/$6.49)
    • 1 Million In-Game Credits (£7.99/€9.99/$12.99)
    • 2,500,000 In-Game Credits (£15.99/€19.99/$25.99)
    • 7 Million In-Game Credits (£39.99/€49.99/$65.49)

The video showcases GT6's cars and reveals one of the top priced, the Jaguar XJ13, which costs 20 million credits. You can grind for it in traditional Gran Turismo fashion or you can buy it straight away if you drop £119.95/$196.50 - that's the total you pay for two packs of 7m credits, two packs of 2.5m credits and one pack of 1m credits.

The issue is, will Gran Turismo's progression system be adversely affected by microtransactions? Eurogamer's Martin Robinson has been playing the game and tells me GT6's economy works exactly the same as GT5's, with progression, payouts and car prices very similar.

Sony maintains that GT6's microtransactions offer players an alternative fast-track route through the series' famously grindy progression. Eurogamer's review will be published on Friday.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...icing-revealed

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Aww yiss, my copy arrived.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

IGN 8/10 - Polygon 9/10 - Eurogamer 9/10 - CVG 8/10 - Videogamer 6/10 - Gamereactor 6/10

USGamer 4.5/5 - GamesRadar 4.5/5 - GamesBeat 65/100 - Now Gamer 7/10 - Digital Spy 4/5 - The Verge No Score

EGM 7.5/10 - The Scapist 4/5 - Hardcore Gamer 4/5 - Rev3Games 4/5 - PSNation 9/10 - Trusted Reviews 8/10

Metro 7/10 - The Telegraph 5/5 - The Guardian 4/5 - PS3 Trophies 85/100 - ShopTo No Score - ITF Gaming 9/10

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Interesting spread, ranges from 6's and 60/100's to 9's and one 5/5. I held off on preordering, I think I'll wait to see what you guys think of it. I'm not exactly hurting for things to play right now.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sound is still fucked for all non-JP cars. V8's still sound like can openers. Still using PS2-era models for non-premium cars. Still has rolling starts.

Christ, did they do ANY work on this game other than the moon rover bullshit?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Christ, did they do ANY work on this game other than the moon rover bullshit?
    Are the load times better at least? Was the main issue I had with GT5 (outside of managing the menu interface), even though they alleviated the track-loading some with a few patches.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Loading times are a ton better. Game progression is better, interface is better. I honestly don't get the sound issue, I'm on a decent 5.1 setup though, maybe its the headphone profile? w/e. not that big a deal.
    Physics model is a lot better as well - the feeling coming through my wheel is better than the academy demo.

New tracks: Willow Springs is great, as is mount panorama. Brands hatch is solid ( not as technical as the other two imo ).

If you liked GT5 then this is a big improvement, if you didn't like GT5 then this prob won't sway you. w/e.

Everything so far about this game is better than GT5, BUT, i wish they just axed all of the standards. Either way, i just avoid buying them haha! But it makes no sense to me as to why there is no damage model (unless i don't have it on?), and the wtf sound. It's like someone is banging on my door with a padded bat when i crash.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In GT5, damage modeling didn't come until you were at a higher driving level. I would assume something similar for GT6.

I kinda want to get back into racing games in general, but I have no means of hooking my G27 up to my current desk (chucked my old sturdier one a year ago). Anyone know a place where I could order a solid wheel stand?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How much more premiums are there in this game say compared to GT5 at launch? I'm holding off as this is the very first GT i haven't purchased at launch. But i might as well wait for my gamefly copy to arrive.