+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Gran Turismo 6     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I have to say that I just don't get the whole Gran Turismo - Forza debates. I've played both, and in terms of physics they seem the same. There are a few differences, but it just seems like a fanboy type ordeal. I do feel like GT is lagging behind severely in graphics and sound, though. Outside of the premiums, it kills me when i'm driving in an excellently detailed GT86 but driving on a clearly old school track whose pixels can be hand counted! Anyway, I am enjoying GT6 A LOT!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Mine finally came in yesterday so I got to put a little time in. Game looks stunning unless you are viewing one of the replay cams (such as before the race starts). The replay cams seem to suffer from a noticeably lower frame rate and has wonky shadows. I haven't had any issues frame rate or graphically in the driving views.

So far the game seems less a grind then 5, granted I didn't do much last night. I also love that they got rid of the used car dealership and just made every car purchasable normally.

I do wish that it was ps4 controller capable.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just installed an SSD to my PS3 but I forgot to transfer my GT6 data over. I haven't played much but I have the pre-order bonuses already installed. A few questions:

1) Can I redownload/reuse my preorder bonuses on a new save file as long as it's affiliated with the same PSN ID? If this is possible, #2 and #3 don't matter.

2) I read that if I put my old HDD back in in order to backup to USB, it will require a format before it will play which will delete the data. Is this true?

3) Is it possible to use external hardware to pull the save data off and transfer them to a USB on my PC?

(I may have asked in another thread too.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure if its been said but if you freeze before the neon tracked Kart races like I do.. go to single race and do a time trail on it first. it seems to fix the crash issue when the grid loads.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yo guys, this is on sale right now at Gamestop for 40 bucks. I almost picked it up, decided on Black Flag instead but if any of you were waiting for a quick price cut, now's the time.

Banned.

BG Level

This game is so good I forgot it even existed (was even surprised yesterday when I saw it on display haha), kinda a shame as I would love a racer, going to hold until I get a ps4 I guess.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So i've been playing it almost nonstop since i got it from gamefly. What a huge improvement in physics and simplicity of the menu. So far i'm enjoying it a lot, my only gripes are still the vacuum engine sounds (although better than before), and the standard cars again. But otherwise, it's fun, going to be picking up a steering wheel stand to finally get into all this.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Figured I'd update since this game gets no love and some not being aware game is regularly updated.

Update 1.05 - March 10, 2014
    Spoiler: show

Documented Changes:

Additional Features in the Open Lobby
    - [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen.

- It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].

- It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks.

- It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.

- In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.

Multi-monitor Compatibility
    [Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options.

Car Search
    A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.

Sale of Racing Gear in Individual Colors
    The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.

Kart Adjustments Options Expanded
    - [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available.

- [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.

Other Improvements/Adjustments

- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.

- The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.

Undocumented Changes:

- Special Color M4 in the BMW dealership (Frozen Black Metallic) EDIT: BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic coloured model has been removed with Ninja update.
    - When watching replays of online races, or when watching live online races names can be removed above cars online and off. If you turn off names for spectating, they will remain off while racing. This feature does not carry over from lobby to lobby, it must be reset for each lobby entered.
    - In the Car Settings menu, to the right of Tuning Sheet C, there is a button for a regulations check for your individual car.
    - Tune sheets can be copied to one another but no reset button for settings yet
    - The best score in a drift lobby it shows up in purple in the chat box.
    - In online lobbies, when exiting the room settings menu using the O button, if no changes have been made, then you are taken straight back to the lobby, instead of having to confirm that you want to make no changes etc.
    - Possible further refinement to motion blur, the warped screen edge is reduced.
    - Formula GT's cockpit view has HUD speedometer and rev dials, the one from the 'Normal View'
    - In Race Photo Mode: No changes to your settings of F-number and Exposure when you were in the Camera Menu.
    - Qualifying time minimum now 5 minutes
    - Some standards may have been improved. Possible list HERE
    - Fixed the split time bug when in practice mode online. However now you can only see your best time in the top right hand corner and not that of the entire lobby however the split times are still against the best lap in the room. Also your times get erased completely each time you exit the track and the split times will change to being set against the best lap from those still on the track.
    - Bumper cam style gauges with interior view on simplified interior cars instead of chase cam style gauges
    - Seems that the "possibility of change wheather" (the one with 0-60 values) now effects the humidity of the track instead of changes of the wheather...
    - With 80% humidity at start and 0% wheather and possibility of change at 50, the track surface reaches from 80% to 0% in about... 10 seconds...
    - Top speed no longer artificially limited offroad, but TC remains in effect
    - If you hold the "X" button while hovering over an open lobby, it reveals the individual room regulations.
    - Problem with High RPM Turbo on HSV '10 Anniversary Edition documented HERE seems to be fixed
    - In Photomode, entering the Camera Menu no longer resets the EV setting to zero.
    - Changes to Photomode HERE and HERE and HERE
    - If you set car restrictions to be filtered by Make but then just select a country you can leave it at that. Cars can then be chosen from any of that country's makes.
    - Online Automatic race start time is now "about XX:XX" instead of "at XX:XX"
    - When you enter a race, the blue button now says "Sign-Up."
    - Custom soundtracks feature has been fixed. As before it would rarely play my own custom soundtrack and instead play GT6's soundtrack. It now plays mine from when I start playing GT6 (in the menus and on track).
    - Pre-warmed tires in online, more grip as you leave the pits. vs. 1.04
    - Changing exhausts no longer changes gear ratios in transmission.
    - Possible change in weather variability
    - Fixed the paint glitch of the Renault Megane Race Car. The black original parts remains black after the painting.

Update 1.06 - April 7, 2014

Documented Changes:

HotFix (Post 1.06)
    - An issue wherein the value of the [Power Limiter] in the "Car Settings" cannot be modified when the [Vehicle Tuning] option within the [Event Settings] screen of the Open Lobby is set to [Prohibited].

Data Logger now available
    [Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.

GPS Visualizer function introduced

[GPS Visualizer] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". By driving a car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It's be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.

Custom Rear Wing option implemented
    [Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in "My Home". You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn't compatible with certain cars.)

3DTV compatibility now added

A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature. Link to a 3D Review by @Kavey

Adjustments to the Open Lobby
    - From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
    - An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
    - The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1. Note: This is worded incorrectly. What it actually means is that the incremental adjustments for PP, Weight and HP are now in units of 1. The lower and upper limits remain the same.
    - The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed. New options include:

-Race for Fun
    -Race for Real
    -Cruising
    -Make Friends
    -Show Off Your Cars
    -Share Tips and Info
    -Café

Other improvements and adjustments
    - The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
    - The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.

Undocumented Changes:

- Numerous anecdotal reports about physics being more forgiving, especially with some MR cars.
    - Tires are no longer warm when exiting the pits.
    - New FT-1 Seasonal includes a Toyota and PS sponsored photo contest and the opportunity to have the fastest TT time posted on the official US Playstation Youtube Channel More details HERE
    - If you open a room with tuning prohibited, you can no longer use the engine limiter to reduce your PP even by 1 to fit your car into the regulations. On top of that, if you change the room back to unlimited tuning, the engine limiter function remains disabled. Note: Corrected with a HotFix
    - Translated from the Japanese website and not on the English website - We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from April 21, 2014. We are looking forward to your participation. [EDIT: Now removed from website]
    lobby types now include:
    -Race for Fun
    -Race for Real
    -Cruising
    -Make Friends
    -Show Off Your Cars
    -Share Tips and Info
    -Café
    More details on custom wing options
    - Nissan Skyline R34 GT-Rs 99 - 00' now has rear wings near back of car as opposed to near the windshield
    - The video/ audio signal doesn't "blink" when taking photos now. Before the update, when you took a photo and after you saved or exited the photo, the video and audio signals would turn off for a second. Now everything is smooth.
    - The Ferrari F430's Aero Kit which did not previously show any visual changes now works as it should.
    - When installing a wing on a Midget, a second set of wing brackets used to appear in the bed instead of on the roof (where the actual wing is fitted). The second set of brackets on the bed now no longer appear.
    - In the "Filter by Performance" area in Open Lobbies, hosts are now able to adjust PP, Weight and HP in increments of 1. NOTE: This is the change noted in the Documented Changes below, which is worded incorrectly: - Adjustments to the Open Lobby - The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
    - In photo travel, when shooting a photo, the ambient sound now gracefully fades in and out instead of cutting in and out abruptly.
    - Smoke and water spray are more pixellated after the update.
    - 3D settings now available at the bottom of the Quick Options Menu. Link to a 3D Review by @Kavey
    - Appears as if the alpha particle effects are lower-res now in-game, you can see jaggies around the car again. But it doesn't affect photomode and may contribute to a better framerate as several people have reported.
    - Fixed a bug in the practice "sector time" display. Sector time are no longer compared to previous race/practice - only after a new "Overall time" is displayed the sector times are compared, so the "99-99:99:99" no longer appears in practice.
    - Fixed a bug where the time of day switched back to a certain standard value once you entered lobby settings online.
    - In multi-monitor mode, no smoke (or skid marks) at all appears in the side monitors (though this was present in 1.05).

Update 1.07 - May 7, 2014

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo

The “BMW Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. Experience the modern road racer created by the BMW design team, resurrecting the excitement and passion of 1970’s touring cars in present day form.

After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new BMW Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

- [Endurance Race] has been added to the [Room Mode] option within [Basic Settings] of the Event Settings screen.

- [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] has been added to [Time Trial Settings] options ("OFF", "Normal", "Fast" or "Very Fast" can be selected)

- Choice of [Start Type] has been added to the [Race Settings] for Qualifier, Time Trial, and Drift Trial modes. You can now select from [Final Corner Start] or [Pit Start].

- When [Grid Start with False Start Check] is selected in [Race Settings], signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.

New features added to "Replay" and "Watch Race" modes

- Button controls can now be used to: Switch between "Full View" and "Live Timing"; to turn the "Driver List Display" ON/OFF; to switch the "Information Display" and to change the target car.

- The "Keyboard Switching Feature" has been added. A USB keyboard can be used to switch the "Information Display" and to change the view.

Undocumented Changes:

- Some people reporting positive changes to the AI, you'll have to judge for yourself.
    - There's a new bug where the "NEW" tag comes up in the car dealerships without a new car being present.
    - A bug in which tire wear and handling were affected after a pit stop seems to be corrected.
    - Smoke, snow, dust, water spray etc. much improved and no longer pixellated. This reverses a previous update which seemed to induce pixellation in these effects in favour of improved framerates.
    - Bug is gone where races didn't count as wins when doing the Vettel races.
    - Fixed a bug where you couldn't hear the Subaru BRZ (and other cars) engine sound in chase cam.
    - Overall best lap time is now displayed during a race as opposed to just in practice.
    - Fixed the bug with the Arta Gariya base model and Elise 111R Race Car where painting the wheels didn't actually change the colour. This bug persists with the Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70
    - Three new cars revealed for possible future release
    - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 Pic
    - Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy 2014) Pic
    - Mitsubishi XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo Possible Pic
    - The low fuel gauge warning light turns on when it hits the red-mark now instead of just with one litre remaining as before.
    - From the documented change When [Grid Start with False Start Check] is selected in [Race Settings], signal lights will be displayed as start indicators, the time between lights out and go varies from race to race, it's not a fixed interval. Test Results
    - The option to "view data" (accel, braking, splits etc) on the screen used to have "display all" at the bottom of the list of available choices. It is now at the top of the list
    - When driving through the pits you can no longer look backwards.
    - Improvements to blur rendering in photomode as suggested
    - Other improvements to blur rendering
    - Ghosts used for a Licences, Missions, Time trials, Solo runs, Seasonals etc. are now persistent through manual restarts.
    - After exiting a race and hitting "retry" you are now prompted with "yes/no" option.
    - The Keyboard Switching Feature has works like THIS and THIS
    - Cars flashing high beams now reflect off of walls and other features.
    - Replay music continues to play while taking pictures now.
    - An issue with the start/finish line in Mission Race IB-1 is now Fixed
    - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04's turbos have been fixed to add power instead of removing it (used to lower pp & torque too).
    - Pit crews no longer visible in rear view mirror
    - New barrier at Goodwood

Update 1.08 - May 30, 2014

Documented Changes:

Ayrton Senna Tribute
    The Ayrton Senna special content has been released. The content is accessible from the "Ayrton Senna Tribute" option within the Special Events section in "My Home".

In addition, the following content has been added:

- The “Ayrton Senna Tribute” introduction movie has been added to the library page under the "Movies" section of the gallery, accessible from "My Home".
    - The "Ayrton Senna 1980", "Ayrton Senna 1983" and "Ayrton Senna 1985" racing suits have been added to the Special Outfits page of the Racing Gear option within the Tuning & Servicing section, accessible from "My Home". These items can also be acquired for free by clearing the Ayrton Senna Tribute events under specific conditions.
    - Clearing the events of the “Ayrton Senna Tribute” content under specific conditions will reward players with the following cars:

DAP Racing Kart #17 '80 (100,000 Credits) 30HP / 63KG / 12Nm
    RALT F3, West Surrey Racing '83 (1'000,000 Credits) 165HP / 455KG / 216Nm
    Lotus 97T '85 (3'000,000 Credits) 999HP / 540KG / 667Nm

Alternatively, the above cars can be purchased from the newly created "Ayrton Senna" manufacturer accessible from the dealerships option within the cars section of "My Home".

Ayrton Senna Tribute Videos

Vision Gran Turismo

The "Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo" has been released. This is a hybrid concept packed with know-how and spirit gained through motorsports, we hope you will take this opportunity to take it for a spin!

After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the Vision GT option within the cars section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV EVOLUTION Vision Gran Turismo

Specs: 503HP / 1350KG / 1014Nm
    Cost: 1'000,000

When any "Qualifier" race is selected in the "Room Mode" option under [Basic Settings] and [Race Alone] is selected under the "Race Format" option under [Qualifier Settings], the Ghost line can be enabled or disabled by pressing the Up Button (default button settings).

Undocumented Changes:

The Lotus 97T '85 has aerodynamic options in the GT Auto section:

- Type A removes rear brake ducts
    - Type B removes rear winglets
    - Type C removes brake ducts and modified air intakes

It also has rear wing options:

- Type A rear wing is reshaped with smaller endplates adding the #12
    - Type B rear wing is shaped as C but removes #12 and adds the ( ) shaped branding
    - Type C adds a double rear wing, with a second wing under the main

-Apparently, there's a bug at Ascari where the Lotus 97T registers a speed of 637MPH, when you're in a lobby, details of said bug are here
    - At Brands Hatch Indy, the driving line from McLaren to the finish line is out by about two car lengths.
    -Camber has NOT been fixed yet
    -There's a weird bug regarding graphics in 3D mode, where the models show invisible stripes (Link)
    -Ride height still does not affect the car's handling

Fixed Glitches and Bugs
    -The red dot showing the track route of Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 is now fixed and running the correct way

Update 1.09 - June 18, 2014

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo
    The “Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. Experience the dynamic all wheel drive supercar that inherits the DNA of the Volkswagen sports GTI philosophy.

After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

The “Volkswagen Vision GT” racing suit has been added to the [Special Outfits] page of the [Racing Gear] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section, accessible from "My Home". The suit can also be obtained from the corresponding Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.

Red Bull Ring
    The full and short track layouts of the "Red Bull Ring" have been added to the game. This is an ultra high speed circuit with long flat out sections and tricky tight corners in between. How you handle these tight turns will greatly affect your final lap time. In 2014, Formula 1 racing returned to this track after an 11 year hiatus; the circuit truly brings together the best of the old and the new.

New vehicles have been introduced
    The following cars have been added to the [Dealerships] option within the [CARS] section of "My Home". You can also find those cars in the [Recommended Cars] option of the same section:

• GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN ‘13
    • Lexus IS F CCS-R ‘11
    • Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12

Adjustments to the physics simulation model

The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:

(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved;
    (2) The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the "Camber Angle" option);
    (3) The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;

The default settings of the tuning parts have also been adjusted to match the above changes.

Other cars adjustments
    On the various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X models, it is now possible to enable the [Active Steering] under the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu".

Other offline improvements and adjustments

- [Data Logger] can now be opened from the "Quick Menu" of Time Trial events. Please note that only limited features will be available in this way. Please refer to the online manual for more details.
    - A [Reset to Default] option that returns the car to its showroom condition has been added under [Car Settings].
    - Signal Starts are now enabled on tracks with signals.

Other online improvements and adjustments
    - A countdown is now displayed on the bottom right part of the Open Lobby screen, showing the time before an event starts and the time when the track voting ends.
    - The uploading time for both Drift Trials and Time Trials (Section) have been changed.

*Please note that after the patch is installed, there may be up to a 30 minutes additional install time which may differ from what is displayed on screen. Thank you for your patience, and please enjoy the great new content!

Undocumented Changes:

You can now see who is in the pits during a race.

Small PP Calculation change

Aerodynamic Calculation change

Mini added to VGT Manufacturers

Overall Force Feedback is now more dynamic, and it has a small dead zone. It is now easier to counter steer. However, the newer adjustments appear to be slightly bugged for the time being.
    Various text strings amended.

Road Spray in wet conditions has been reworked for most courses

New GTi Career Suit

FR cars now have slightly lower top speeds.

VGT cars are paintable, excluding the BMW and the Mercedes Benz VGT racing Series (1.08, but added to lower confusion)

You can no longer zoom in on replays, unless in career mode.

Grid starts in online mode now use the lights on the course to signal a race start.

Willow Springs has more foliage

Smoke is thinner

Many cars have had their default settings changed to fit in with the updated physics.

When racing online, you begin the race in interior view.

The sunrise and sunset at Nurburgring 24HR is more dynamic/realistic.

Bathurst runs at a slightly higher FPS now.

Aston Martin and Subaru VGT credentials have been added.

(Flickering) during a race occurs less often

The ghost replay function works better, but in some cases, it must be manually activated by pressing ^ on the D-PAD (default button)

Update 1.10 - July 25, 2014

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo
    The "Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo" and the "NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo" have been released.​

After the update has been installed, the cars can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the cars by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.

Brake Caliper Paint
    It is now possible to repaint the brake calipers on cars equipped with [Racing Brakes] purchased within the [Suspension] menu of [Tuning Parts]. Please note there are certain cars that cannot be repainted using this feature.

Customization of car numbers
    More cars have been made compatible with the [Driver Number] feature in the [Garage]. There is also an increased selection of [Base] sheet designs on which the numbers can be displayed.

Engine brake reduction control on formula cars disabled
    We have disabled the engine brake reduction control that was active on certain formula cars. (This is a feature that helps you avoid spinning out from excessive braking forces generated by the engine while the throttle is in the off position. This was accomplished by slightly opening the throttle while cornering even with no input to the accelerator.)​

Undocumented Changes:

- Full screen option (press triangle!) in GT Auto when making physical car changes.

- All hybrid cars (for ex: Toyota TS030 and Honda CR-Z) now have an electric power meter in the HUD underneath the fuel indicator.

- Red Bull Ring skybox has been changed.

- Bugatti Veyron HP gauge now working.

- The base of the number backgound on the Touring/Rally (GT5 called them Race Modification) cars can be changed.

- The update 1.09 bug where the car view changes to the cockpit view every time you start an event has been fixed. It now keep the view you were previously using. (?)

- There is a slight change in the Vision GT dealership point of view camera. It's lower than before. Also, VGT cars now have their lights on.

- Circuito de la Sierra (AKA Zahara) has been found in the update's coding and has been added to track database. (Track is not available for in-game use yet.)

- Alfa Romeo Vision GT coding information has been added. (The car is not available yet.)

- The Nissan 2020 has a really basic interior that can be seen in photomode.

- All FIA and WEC references (logos, text, etc.) on the Toyota TS030 have been replaced with barcodes.

- The Nissan 2020 Vision GT has a working KERS system. To use it, press the button you have assigned to nitro.

- The Aston Martin One-77 now has a working digital speedometer. It reads in KPH and blacks out when reaching or exceeding 500 KPH.

- A few classic cars appear to have "old-school" steel rally wheels now instead of the previous OZ wheels.

- The Aston Martin VGT has a really simple interior.

- The login bonus message now says "PSN" instead of PlayStation®Network.

Update 1.11 - Aug 06, 2014

Documented Changes:

Multi-Monitor display issue
    An issue related to the Multi-Monitor feature which was causing the system to hang has been fixed. Please note this issue occurred only after Update 1.10 was installed, and did not affect previous versions of the game.

Improvements to Open Lobby
    The search algorithm used to find available rooms has been improved and more rooms can now be displayed.

Update 1.12 - Sept 16, 2014

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo
    The “Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. The design concept FT-1 is honed to perfection in this rendition to enhance its features and designs required for pure racing competition.

The car can be purchased in the “Vision Gran Turismo” section after the update, but you can also acquire the car by completing a full lap in the limited time seasonal event, regardless of the lap time achieved.

Sierra Time Rally
    The “Sierra Time Rally” has been added to [Special Events]. In the first original long course “Circuit de La Sierra” modeled after the Ronda region of Spain, players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time.

Time will be extended by passing the checkpoints, and your score will be calculated according to your distance driven. Overtaking other cars will raise your combo level, and there are other possibilities of raising your score based on your driving skills. We invite you to check it out.

Quick Match
    [Quick Match] has been added to [Online]. When the event is selected, players will automatically be matched to other players around the world for a quick and easy online race.

Additional Cars
    The following cars have been added to the [Dealerships]. You can also access these easily from the [Recommended Cars] section.

- Toyota FT-1 graphite
    - Nissan GT-R NISMO ’14 ; *Players who participated in the “GT Academy 2014” Online Qualifiers will receive this car free of charge.

Additional Gauges:
    [Additional Gauges] have been added to [Custom Parts]. You can select instruments to add to three gauge slots, selecting from boost meter, water temperature gauge, oil temperature gauge, tachometer, speedometer, oil pressure gauge, and fuel pressure gauge.

Steering Controller
    Official compatibility has been added for the Thrustmaster T300RS. It is possible to reassign keys from [START] - [OPTIONS] - [STEERING CONTROLLER]

Force Feedback
    - [FORCE FEEDBACK] that could only be adjusted from [START] - [OPTIONS] - [STEERING CHARACTERISTICS] before can now also be adjusted from the [DRIVING OPTIONS] displayed in the [QUICK MENU] before driving.

- Also, the force feedback that was only adjustable under [FEEDBACK STRENGTH] can now be adjusted in [FEEDBACK MAXIMUM TORQUE] and [FEEDBACK CENTER SENSITIVITY] sliders. Now it is possible to set the steering sensitivity near the centered position, and the strength of the feedback during extreme cornering independently.

- Force feedback can now be adjusted on 200 degree lock-to-lock type controllers such as the GT FORCE RX.

Other
    - The motor assist control for the Toyota TS030 Hybrid ’12 has been changed. Because the motor assist only works when the car is at full throttle (over 80%), the motor no longer comes into effect during partial throttle positions while cornering.

Undocumented Changes:

- You can change the color of the new gauge in game on the Quick Menu (or Start Menu) and there's 4 new options just for the color customization (Actual Color, Hue, Saturation and Brightness)

- In replays on Sierra only, the "Replay Camera" now switches briefly to "Cockpit View" and then back to the traditional trackside "Replay Camera" view.

- List Of Cars That Can Have Custom Gauges Installed

- The time rally sounds ("jump bonus", "overtake", "good job", "10, 9, 8..." etc.) are disabled if you go to the menu and select Race Info Display -> Off.

- The starting camera on tracks like Brands Hatch is now fixed. Previously its stuck on the first angle.

- The power/torque curve for the Nissan VGT has been fixed/modified...... previous to the update the torque would not reduce inline with the power when using the limiter.

- Fixed the issue where if you were leading a race online you'd only get a split time at the start finish line. You now get split times at all sectors.

- SRT Viper bug where the bottom of the car would disappear has been fixed.

- It's now possible to add number plates on the Mercedes SLS GT3.

- When driving online, your car will now ghost anytime you press the "start" button.

- The transition when installing parts is now fade black. Previously it was a jump cut.

- changes to the sunrise/sunset times on some tracks here.

- When you have aftermarket rims equipped that are already painted and you go to buy a different aftermarket rim, the wheels equipped are displayed unpainted. Seems to affect some cars and not others.

- Car sound balance may have been tweaked ....discussion ongoing.

- After exiting an online lobby, the game will autosave BEFORE connecting to the lobby interface, whereas before it would save half way through this connection procedure.

- When seeing the replay, the option "Instruments only" is now "Gauges only"

- You can adjust the values on the "RA" menu (Real-Time Adjustment) while on track in online Quick Match now but not in Open Lobby.

- Changes to the replay restart as illustrated here.

- The permanent transparent vehicle glitch was removed details here.

- The RA Menu now has intermittent online functionality.

Update 1.13 - Oct 01, 2014

Documented Changes:

- We have fixed an issue where engine and other sound effects were not being played back correctly during online races.

- Fixed an issue where the system would occasionally freeze when 2 or more cars with additional gauges were racing against each other during an online race.

- Fixed an issue regarding the ability to download and play back replays from the Online Rankings board after entering an event.

- Fixed an issue where the game could potentially freeze when attempting to view a replay of an online race from the Gallery menu.

- Fixed an issue where the "Client" display systems could possibly freeze when using the Multi-Monitor function during an online race.

Update 1.14 - Nov 18, 2014

Documented Changes:

Community
    [Community] has been added to the [ONLINE] section in "My Home". Within [Community], players can create Clubs and gather together in club lobbies, host race events for the club members and much more. For further details please refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.

It is also possible to access a web browser version of the Community feature via the official website. Though you will not be able to race from the browser version, you can create clubs and events, edit their settings and have the same communication tools available in game. The website version is also compatible with some smartphone browsers, allowing you to access your Clubs on the go!

Vision Gran Turismo
    The "Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo" has been released. The ultimate sportscar with the most aggressive specs in Subaru history, it still retains the full drivability you expect from a Subaru, enabling you to be in full control of the car at all times.

After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Suzuka Circuit 2014
    The Suzuka Circuit underwent major renovations between 2007 and 2009, to improve its facilities and make it safer. The updates that were performed have now been recreated in detail with the “Suzuka Circuit 2014”. The resurfaced west course, the new crash pads, the guardrails replacement, the sponsor billboards and related facilities have been updated to the actual configuration. Now with variable time functionality added, the true-to-life feeling of racing have improved even further, allowing you to enjoy Japan’s famed circuit on a new level of realism.

BMW M4 M Performance Edition
    The "BMW M4 M Performance Edition" has been added to Gran Turismo 6. After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Dealership] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". This is a special model based on the BMW M4, designed by Gran Turismo following the specific of safety cars used in races like the Moto GP.

Added events to the Sierra Time Rally
    A new “Challenge 4” has been added to the "Sierra Time Rally" game mode available from within the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in "My Home". Overtake opponents swiftly in the Nissan GT-R NISMO!

"My Home" menu content changed
    - A [News] section has been added to the left menu of "My Home". Updates and other information from Gran Turismo that was originally in [Notifications] will now be displayed in this section.
    - The [Messages] section will now be dedicated to sending and receiving messages to and from other players.

Compatibility with “MoTec i2 Pro” added
    Gran Turismo 6 Replay data is now compatible with “i2 Pro”, the data analysis software of MoTeC. Exporting replays as MoTeC i2 Pro data will allow you to visualize your driving data with charts on a PC for subsequent analysis. For details regarding this feature, refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.

Compatibility with “NissanConnect Nismo Plus” added
    The "GPS Visualiser" and "Data Logger" functions are now compatible with the “NissanConnect Nismo Plus” of Nissan Motor Company. For details regarding this feature, refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.

- A new [Onboard Mic Position] setting has been added to the [Sound Volume] category of the [Sound] page within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). The same setting has also been added to the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu", displayed before a race starts.
    - [Replay BGM] and [Replay Sound Effects] settings have been added to the [Quick Option] menu available when playing replays.
    - Tuning and customization options have been expanded for the BMW M4 ’14 and the BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic ’14.
    - For one-time only prizes awarded in Seasonal Events and License Tests, a check mark will appear under the "Gift(s)" section of the event details page for the rewards already received.
    - Enhanced security to prevent players who have manipulated their save data files from accessing online features of GT6.

Undocumented Changes:

- Widesweeping changes to the sound package including wind noise, reverb, road noise, proper directional sound sourcing and more. Video [URL="http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...ed-changes-thread.319983/page-3#post-10244751"Expert analysis from @Griffith500[/URL]

- Zonda R carbon pattern has been changed. Pics

- GT-R Nismo 14' now paintable.

- [News] menu now uses the community features interface.

- Gran Turismoth type in the M4 TT corrected.

- New car photo options.

- When changing cameras in replays, you'll notice that the "cockpit view" has been renamed "driver's-eye view." NTSC versions of the game only as it's apparently always been "driver's-eye view" in PAL versions.

- Fixed problems with viewing leaderboard speed and downloading of replays.

- New Motec sponsor logos on Autumn Ring (no confirmation of other tracks)

- Name change counter appears to reset, allowing you at least 3 more name changes

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

bump for newest update (see above)

The sound is clearly different.

The main differences are the adaptive reverb (small difference due to scenery, plus changes in the algorithmic "tail" in response to enclosed areas, mostly volume) and the cabin coloration, which are actually related in terms of how they're implemented. With the cabin coloration, there's an approximate structural contribution, too. The bass response of the coloration works well with a lumpy idle! :B

All of these effects are lo-fi, implying room for improvement on PS4.

The cabin coloration has three forms: closed road car, closed race car and open-top; their coverage correlates well with the classifications that PD uses elsewhere. They are not designed for use with samples, in my opinion.

The mix is more spatial again, and wind noise is back; the tyre / road noise contributes to the structural aspect I mentioned before.
    quote from above link for newest update. Sounds are now more realistic (mainly wind). If you don't like a particular sound at least you can change your mic position. It seems to me like they're reaching "PS3 limitations" with this game. Very hopeful for PS4 GT

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Update 1.15 - Dec 17, 2014

Documented Changes:

Community
    [Community] has been added to the [ONLINE] section in "My Home". Within [Community], players can create Clubs and gather together in club lobbies, host race events for the club members and much more. For further details please refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.

It is also possible to access a web browser version of the Community feature via the official website. Though you will not be able to race from the browser version, you can create clubs and events, edit their settings and have the same communication tools available in game. The website version is also compatible with some smartphone browsers, allowing you to access your Clubs on the go!

Vision Gran Turismo
    The "Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo" has been released. The ultimate sportscar with the most aggressive specs in Subaru history, it still retains the full drivability you expect from a Subaru, enabling you to be in full control of the car at all times.

Suzuka Circuit 2014
    The Suzuka Circuit underwent major renovations between 2007 and 2009, to improve its facilities and make it safer. The updates that were performed have now been recreated in detail with the “Suzuka Circuit 2014”. The resurfaced west course, the new crash pads, the guardrails replacement, the sponsor billboards and related facilities have been updated to the actual configuration. Now with variable time functionality added, the true-to-life feeling of racing have improved even further, allowing you to enjoy Japan’s famed circuit on a new level of realism.

BMW M4 M Performance Edition
    The "BMW M4 M Performance Edition" has been added to Gran Turismo 6. After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Dealership] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". This is a special model based on the BMW M4, designed by Gran Turismo following the specific of safety cars used in races like the Moto GP.

Added events to the Sierra Time Rally
    A new “Challenge 4” has been added to the "Sierra Time Rally" game mode available from within the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in "My Home". Overtake opponents swiftly in the Nissan GT-R NISMO!

"My Home" menu content changed
    - A [News] section has been added to the left menu of "My Home". Updates and other information from Gran Turismo that was originally in [Notifications] will now be displayed in this section.
    - The [Messages] section will now be dedicated to sending and receiving messages to and from other players.

Compatibility with “MoTec i2 Pro” added
    Gran Turismo 6 Replay data is now compatible with “i2 Pro”, the data analysis software of MoTeC. Exporting replays as MoTeC i2 Pro data will allow you to visualize your driving data with charts on a PC for subsequent analysis. For details regarding this feature, refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.

Compatibility with “NissanConnect Nismo Plus” added
    The "GPS Visualiser" and "Data Logger" functions are now compatible with the “NissanConnect Nismo Plus” of Nissan Motor Company. For details regarding this feature, refer to the online manual linked to the bottom of this page.

- A new [Onboard Mic Position] setting has been added to the [Sound Volume] category of the [Sound] page within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). The same setting has also been added to the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu", displayed before a race starts.
    - [Replay BGM] and [Replay Sound Effects] settings have been added to the [Quick Option] menu available when playing replays.
    - Tuning and customization options have been expanded for the BMW M4 ’14 and the BMW M4 Coupé Frozen Black Metallic ’14.
    - For one-time only prizes awarded in Seasonal Events and License Tests, a check mark will appear under the "Gift(s)" section of the event details page for the rewards already received.
    - Enhanced security to prevent players who have manipulated their save data files from accessing online features of GT6.

Undocumented Changes:

- HSV sound bug appears to be fixed, base model tested.​

- HSV bug where you see only the firewall when looking back from the driver's eye view is also fixed.​

- An issue with Touring Car Turbos, previously rendered useless by the 1.14 update, appears to be fixed.​

- Transmission preset now remains at manual when you switch from a car that is automatic (eg. electric cars).​

- Garage now sortable by mileage although there appears to be a bug with cars not showing mileage until used (look here and here for details from @ALB123 ).​

- Fix to camber angles displaying properly in Favourite Cars tab in the My Page section of the Community Area and also fixed headlights being off and front wheels in a turned position not showing. Photo​

- Arcade races with the Chapparal VGT are all one make races.​

- This number plate bug with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Touring Car '05 appears to be fixed.​

- The info listed under the names on the right hand side of the race screen while in a lobby, now tells you how many pit stops you have to make during the race to meet the lobby requirements.​

- Christmas music now available GT6

Update 1.16 - Feb 26, 2015

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo
    The "MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo" has been released.

Mid-Field Raceway
    The popular original track of Gran Turismo makes a comeback with further refinements! This high speed circuit is built on a mountain landscape full of inclines and descents. It is further made dynamic by the famous grade separated crossing where the direction of the lap circle changes, and its long flat out sections and mid to high speed corners.

B-Spec Mode
    "B-Spec" mode, where an AI driver races for the player, has been implemented in all Career Mode race events. You can use B-Spec for races you might find difficult to complete such as some of the longer endurance races, or when you just want to enjoy watching the race. You can select [B-Spec] from the Quick Menu displayed before the start of an event race in [Career Mode].

"Paint" options expanded
    The [Paint] options have been expanded and it is now possible to paint the custom rear wings. In addition, the option [Select from an already painted colour.] has been added to the Paint menu to make it easier to paint the body and the wings with the same colour.

Additional cars available to paint
    It is now possible to paint the body of the "Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo" and the "Chevrolet 2X Vision Gran Turismo".

- The steering wheel controller force feedback has been weakened for the Red Bull X Series Fan Car.
    - It is now possible to view the content of the Seasonal Events from the Community features available on gran-turismo.com

Undocumented Changes:

•Handling changes, the cars feel heftier than before.

•When painting something, you can choose 'Select from a previously painted color' instead of digging through your paint chips. It is documented, but not explained. Link

•There appears to a perception change when driving, making the driving feel faster.

•If you save a replay, the gallery will show an A or a B next to it to signify what mode it was raced in. Link

•Volume of exhaust sound within interior view has been lowered.

•Hint of course creator scripting. Link

•The pit-stop dialog box in B-Spec mode has a message stating that it will close automatically. Link

•It appears that the Chaparral 2X "Time Warp" glitch has been fixed. On SSRX, at full speed in this car, everything would seem to be in slow motion.

Update 1.17 - Mar 18, 2015

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo
    The LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”, “Alpine Vision Gran Turismo” and “Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode” have been released.

After the update has been installed, the cars can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the cars by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.

The “Alpine Vision GT” racing suits and helmets have been added to the [Special Outfits] page of the [Racing Gear] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section, accessible from "My Home". The suits and helmets can also be obtained from the corresponding Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.

Resolved issues
    The issue regarding the "Championship" race found after installing Update 1.16, where it was not possible to resume a Championship race that was previously suspended while playing in "B-Spec" mode, has been fixed.

Undocumented Changes:

- There is a report of the tire noise being changed, but there are discussions wether it is only being available to the newest Lexus VGT seasonal or the whole game.

- There is a report of the crash physics being improved, with the "Moon Gravity Effect" being almost completely removed. Taking this video as proof, it's safe to say that there has been changes in crash physics (Thanks to @Lewis_Hamilton_ for the video!)

- The Custom Wings in the Generic Wings section are now called "Special Wings" (1.16 and before & 1.17)

- The Number box on the Honda NSX-R LM Prototype Race Car, previously missing, are now there (1.16 & 1.17)

Update 1.18 - Apirl 14, 2015

Documented Changes:

Vision Gran Turismo
    The "Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo" has been released.

GT Academy 2015
    "GT Academy 2015" has been added to the "Special Events" section. Eligible countries, schedules and other details will follow in a separate notification.

Correction of Issues
    We have fixed the issue found after the 1.17 update where the settings of the [Fully Customizable Transmission] were being reset to default after entering a race.

Other
    -Improved the engine sounds for the Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo

- Adjusted the deployment timings of the air brake for the Alpine Vision Gran Turismo, Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode, and Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo, when using the (DUALSHOCK®3) wireless controller.

Undocumented Changes:

- Accessing Community, Messages, and News perfomance is now improved significantly.
    - Tire sounds from the Lexus LFLC Vision GT have been fixed.

Update 1.1x - Xxx xx, 2015

Documented Changes:

Undocumented Changes:

-

I'll keep the thread updated with any good news/updates - Source= http://www.gtplanet.net/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Teamkiller of the House of Weave