Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

[Quetzalcoatl] Ankoiripasta !!Player Warning!!

Long story short, someone's mule by this name jacked 30 100 bynes off my ls (lol). If anyone knows their real character PLEASE let me know

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Do you have any screenshots? Additional information? By just saying "this person jacked something," but not supplying any evidence, why should anyone believe you?

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Do you have any screenshots? Additional information? By just saying "this person jacked something," but not supplying any evidence, why should anyone believe you?
    You're absolutely correct. Only "evidence" I have is logs from the plugin logger between us, and then the GM I called later. Feel free to not believe me, but if anyone knows this person/mule please let me know. There will be compensation.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    You're absolutely correct. Only "evidence" I have is logs from the plugin logger between us, and then the GM I called later. Feel free to not believe me, but if anyone knows this person/mule please let me know. There will be compensation.
    By saying "feel free to not believe me," you're basically telling me "please close this thread now," as we don't normally like threads that supply no information. While this can serve as a reference archive for people who want to learn about a player, it's not as smiled upon if someone simply talks shit on them without proving that said shit is valid.

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

By saying "feel free to not believe me," you're basically telling me "please close this thread now," as we don't normally like threads that supply no information. While this can serve as a reference archive for people who want to learn about a player, it's not as smiled upon if someone simply talks shit on them without proving that said shit is valid.
    Let's use some sense here, as mine was lacking during this transaction. If I'm going to lie and talk shit about someone, why on earth would I pick a mule that hasn't been used in a year. As I said, feel free not to believe me, because any "evidence" I could provide can easily be faked regardless. Solely on my reputation on my server I would expect people to believe I'm genuine. This is more of me trying to figure out who this mule is, as I can take care of the rest after that.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So no one should believe you, and no one should ever take this as valid criticism against the owner of the character? All right, at least we've established that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

nearly every thread in this forum is locked and if someone came in here looking at player warnings this would still be on the front page in 3 years, what exactly will locking it accomplish?

hard to believe you've even become more annoying as a mod, i didn't think it was possible

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So no one should believe you, and no one should ever take this as valid criticism against the owner of the character? All right, at least we've established that.
    People who don't know me can feel free not to believe me (anyone not on my server), but most NA players from my server know me, and they'll need to judge what I say based on my reputation as an honest player, as I cannot provide fancy screenshots of the transactions. You can trust this person, I just wish to know who his real character is. Thanks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What exactly happened? Saying "they jacked my currency" doesn't exactly give me any information.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Have you tried a POL character search (lol)?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    nearly every thread in this forum is locked and if someone came in here looking at player warnings this would still be on the front page in 3 years, what exactly will locking it accomplish?
    As mentioned, this forum and its sub-forums are used for reference. Besides new requests on character information, Linkshells can and do look here to find out if anything bad has been said about a player they're considering recruiting. When no valid information is provided (or in the case of an established discussion, no new information), locking the thread sends the message that this is either old, unimportant, or entirely invalid, which lets said researchers know that they can safely ignore it.

Also, I love you too, sweety. Kisses.

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Furionstormrage View Post
    What exactly happened? Saying "they jacked my currency" doesn't exactly give me any information.
    shouted for a 30 byne loan. talked via tell, made an agreement to return the bynes when he was finished. after waiting for 45 min he logged off and hasn't been on since (may 1st). I proceeded to call a GM. GM said no trades are guaranteed (which I was under the assumption was if you had an agreement/contract via tell). Only trade with people you trust. He'll investigate (lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Have you tried a POL character search (lol)?
    I've actually never heard of this before.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

shouted for a 30 byne loan. talked via tell, made an agreement to return the bynes when he was finished. after waiting for 45 min he logged off and hasn't been on since (may 1st). I proceeded to call a GM. GM said no trades are guaranteed (which I was under the assumption was if you had an agreement/contract via tell). Only trade with people you trust. He'll investigate (lol.)
    That sucks, doubt you'll ever get them back.

That's why I don't loan out anything unless I can drive to the person's house and punch them in the throat.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Seems their handle is hidden on POL, so that won't work either.

New Merits
    BG Level

shouted for a 30 byne loan.
    I stopped feeling sorry for you after I saw that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deelo View Post
    I stopped feeling sorry for you after I saw that.
    who gives a shit how you feel ..

I have personally benefited from loans to complete my relic via shout and have helped a few of others with no problems at all. I've yet to hear of a "jack and run" case on Bahamut (might be wrong). What happened to Ely was just bad luck really. I hope this thread doesn't deter whoever out there thinking of helping loan shouts, though maybe take a few extra steps (beside asking for collateral) such as insisting on seeing the stage 4 (since they're supposed to run off and get the trade done right away anyway, should have stage 4 on them), have them say clearly in tell they are asking for a loan and promise to give it back within xx minutes and take some SS.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Essellys View Post
    who gives a shit how you feel ..

I have personally benefited from loans to complete my relic via shout and have helped a few of others with no problems at all. I've yet to hear of a "jack and run" case on Bahamut (might be wrong). What happened to Ely was just bad luck really. I hope this thread doesn't deter whoever out there thinking of helping loan shouts, though maybe take a few extra steps (beside asking for collateral) such as insisting on seeing the stage 4 (since they're supposed to run off and get the trade done right away anyway, should have stage 4 on them), have them say clearly in tell they are asking for a loan and promise to give it back within xx minutes and take some SS.
    Why exactly is it "besides collateral"? There's no reason you should give someone that you don't know very well a relic loan unless they give you collateral to hold while they turn in their relic. If they're making a relic, they should have some things (or one thing) that will add up to close to the price of the relic loan. I honestly don't know why people think a "contract" in /tells is going to be upheld by GMs who have shown time and time again to be a model of inconsistency.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't want this thread to devolve into a debate about trading ethics, so I'm going to close it here. I will respond to this, though:

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Why exactly is it "besides collateral"? There's no reason you should give someone that you don't know very well a relic loan unless they give you collateral to hold while they turn in their relic. If they're making a relic, they should have some things (or one thing) that will add up to close to the price of the relic loan. I honestly don't know why people think a "contract" in /tells is going to be upheld by GMs who have shown time and time again to be a model of inconsistency.
    Even if a clear and thorough contract exists, I agree that collateral is the safest means of ensuring a healthy transaction that won't result in tragedy for either party.

In short: play it safe, kids, and this won't happen to you.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To provide an update: the player who originally created this thread was given their currency back by a GM, and they provided a screenshot. For future reference, here it is:

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...09b3724f66.jpg