+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Under the Dome (CBS limited series)

There's a better look at the CBS website or here on ew.com. I really liked the novel, thought it was pretty good, although the ending was a huge letdown.

Looks like it's a 13-episode series, meaning it's got a start, middle, and end and (hopefully) they won't be trying to turn it into something it's not. Hank from Breaking Bad and LAPIDUS highlight the cast, at least what I could see from the longer trailer.

Anyone else looking to give this one a shot? Other than Breaking Bad, it's about the only TV I'm looking forward to this summer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Probably will watch because I've not read the book. As you mentioned the ending (which I don't know), maybe they'll resolve it differently in the show.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

never read the book, but trailer looks good.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This starts tonight. Anybody watching? I read the book. While it was a fun SK book, definitely not up there with his higher caliber stuff.

I've only been watching for the first 10 minutes and already noted like a dozen changes, lol. Seems enjoyable so far though.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

interesting enough, also the pacific rim preview was a nice bonus

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hmm, didn't know it had started airing. I'll wait a few episodes and have a look. I've been busy trying to watch 6 seasons of the Sopranos before they disappear off SkyGo next week.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watched it last night on DVR, enjoyed it. I am concerned they appear to be "not committing" to ending the series this year. I don't know how the show works as an ongoing story; they'd have to change some key elements of the book, above and beyond cosmetic issues. I'd much rather see this was a definitive beginning, middle and end.

Show spoilers:
    Spoiler: show
    I really liked that they killed off Duke. He died fairly early in the book, and that allows the events of the rest of the story. I thought with Jaff Fahey being the biggest named actor on the show (maybe #2 if you're familiar with Breaking Bad), they might be inclined to keep him around.

Couple of differences from the book (book spoilers, if you care):
    Barbie had nothing to do with a body in the first scene of the book. Junior killed Angie outright. Pretty sure Julia was not married to anyone, much less someone that Barbie had something to do with their death.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I assume this show is suppose to be like a mini series ala Prison Break where they only plan to run for a season or two correct? Havent seen it yet, but how much can you possibly drag this type of scenario out for?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Interesting letter from Stephen King about people complaining about differences between the TV show and the movie. There are some minor spoilers in general terms about upcoming events, but I don't think there's anything you're going to be kicking yourself about reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Enymga55
    Havent seen it yet, but how much can you possibly drag this type of scenario out for?
    I'm wondering that myself. The book took a little over a week; the show is going to take place over months, at least.

Another Islam Thread
    BG Level

how is there wind blowing inside the dome?

Banned.

BG Level

Worth a download?

Edit: Fuck, mean to post this and elaborate in the warehouse 13 thread, sorry for the necro :/

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

not bad, 2 eps deep. certainly dont expect a deep run for this show. if it dies before it ends ill have to read the book

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown3 View Post
    not bad, 2 eps deep. certainly dont expect a deep run for this show. if it dies before it ends ill have to read the book
    I thought it did OK last night, but not great. I'm hoping it only runs the 13 episodes.

Couple of thoughts:
    Bit of a rant: The fire was a good idea, but the execution was terrible. They were fighting it about as stupidly as they possibly could have. I'm no fire fighter (and I realize that they weren't either), but just throwing pots of water on the already engulfed house was obviously done. When the tractor pulled up, I was like, "Oh, they're going to dig a ditch to keep the fire from spreading, that's actually smart." No, wait, they're just going to knock down the house (whose roof is on fire) and ignore the fire on the fence. Gah. I realize in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, but it annoyed me greatly. /rant

Other things:
    I like the kids wandering around the edge of the dome, mapping it out. Normally I find kids to be detestable in these shows.
    Nice Truman Show reference with the dog's name.
    Angie should get out of the emergency shelter ASAP. Or die. Either is fine with me.
    The ending with the cop shooting was kind of dumb and seemed forced; I think they could have handled that better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's only 10 episodes long, just a summer show.

No idea if its just one season or could go longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It's only 10 episodes long, just a summer show.

No idea if its just one season or could go longer.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...son-56232.html

who knows.

so far it is quite interesting

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i enjoyed the book and am enjoying the show so far

The house fire scene was just ridiculous, couldn't help but laugh. I hope some weird shit starts happening, there's only a few characters that I can stand and they already killed fuckin Lapidus.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good episode tonight. Nice to see some sort of plot advancement, and the end scenes with the in/out contrast were pretty neat.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I watched the first ep and the last 15 mins of tonight's ep, can't say I care for the show. What I wanna know is, where is the dome from?

Terrible actors and not enough sci-fi elements for me. Stopped watching after 3rd ep due to hating all the characters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast