Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You could argue that Adoulin's population was much smaller and thus much more sustainable back in the day. Hell, wasn't Jeuno a tiny fishing village before it's Zilart godmothers came down and waved their crystal filled magic wands?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku_Asura View Post
    You could argue that Adoulin's population was much smaller and thus much more sustainable back in the day.
    Says who? They're confined to living on a couple big rocks in the ocean off the coast of an uninhabitable forest of death, I can't imagine there's much of a carrying capacity there.

Jeuno became a massive trading hub because the Zilart brothers got the three nations to trade with each other, not because they sprinkled some fishwives with magical horny dust.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

its not that hard to imagine they lived off fishing and growing stuff on the island not unlike mog garden lol.. it could also be that the wilds were not as untameable because yggdrasil was still alive and well?

Banned.

BG Level

So in the new Velkk quest:

A blackthorn witch says the Velkk were driven off the islands of Adoulin "centuries" ago
    The Velkk found the artifact in their retreat from the islands
    The artifact, which requires pure water to activate and powers up the magic of whoever wields it, is almost certainly a Mana Orb

Campaign
    BG Level

How did you guys feel about the two new quests added?
    The "demon gift" one was cool, wish they could have explored more. Hints at some things but doesn't really deliver in the end. Do you think that questline is over?

Then there's the Velkk artifact one, more stuff on the platter there, but it's kinda unfinished and we'll have to wait for the next step I suppose.

In the end, neither of those quests managed to deliver a satisfying additional insight on the unresolved things from the SoA main plotline.
    What remains a bit unclear in the plotline imho is:

1) When in time did August adventures take place?
    2) Was people already living on Ulbuka when he arrived there? (I assume so... and Hades was already there too with his "curse" on the forest, and Teodor had already ventured into Tartarus etc)
    3) Why did August decide to "colonize" the forest, build a city for his dinasty and create a reign for people to live within in Ulbuka? (what exactely did he "create" actually?)
    4) Why the curse to drive people to live inside the city and why didn't people just escape Ulbuka and went to live elsewhere?
    5) Where are the fucking Dragoons >.>
    6) What is exactely the role/origin of Otharsyne?

Looking at the initial image of SoA, what's still unclear?

1) Right of Colkhab, there's a... chinese dragon-like thing, what was that supposed to be? The "horns" kinda remind me of Darrcuiln but overall it's quite different
    2) Bottom right, above the Chocobo, what's that?
    3) Top middle, what's that amorph-like thing? Many of us supposed it to be the 7th Naakual but now we know that's not the case.
    4) Top, left of Kumhau, there's a... dark coloured something, I can't get what that's supposed to be though.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

come to think of it.. the amorph thing kinda looks like Dhokmak. only problem is its not exactly where it appears in game. then again, its underground so idk

Campaign
    BG Level

Ooh yes, kinda reminds of Dhokkmak, yeah it's totally him.
    The position of Saj'akka is wrong too, so it's okay I guess.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

SE responded to my question about the Draketamers. Supposedly the Mummer Coalition contains Draketamers though they must be dead/extinct because there's no even one dragon in all of Adoulin except Puks. Not sure if it was intentional or SoA team is different from the WoTG team and they weren't aware of the Lore plothole until I brought it up. Seems like the latter honestly.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it seemed like they're aware of it..
    at least in Ulbuka.. they must have thought wyverns and lizards to be similar.
    the order of Thurandaut's traditional symbol is the lizard, but at the same time their traditional weapon of choice is the polearm, which is a reference to the dragoon. Hennetiel Thurandaut himself had a pet wyvern.. which kinda drives home the fact that he was a DRG.. and that Thurandaut is essentially an order of dragoons. maybe it just got hard to rear wyverns so they switched to raptors.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hades must have extinguished all dragons since they are natural enemys of the demons! (this could be a plausible explenation lol)

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Maybe they just migrated somewhere else, like Razhowa.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well if you look at the Colonization region map, we can only explore access like 1/4th of the Ulbalkan continent. Kinda lame if you ask me cuz there could be so much else to explore.

Honestly Mount Kamhir should have been a zone full of Wyrms/Dragons/Wyverns and Puks. It woulda made perfect sense, in fact it technically IS a zone(when you do a CS it zones you inside of it). It would be a zone with frequent light weather(auroras) and would be a stark difference between Demons/Darkness/Inner Ra'kaznar and Dragons/Light/Kamhir Mountain.

Inner Raz is a deep abyss and Mount kamhir is an open mountain range. The comparisons of species and environment are a perfect dichotomy. And a final delve zone with Saj being the final foe(to challenge/test adventurers) would have been sweet. I'm hoping really this will actually happen only because every Delve MB only drops hands/feet/legs/head boss equipment but none of the delve bosses drop bodies(not counting mezzotint stuff). A final delve MB(like Saj) could totally drop bodies!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Well if you look at the Colonization region map, we can only explore access like 1/4th of the Ulbalkan continent. Kinda lame if you ask me cuz there could be so much else to explore.

Honestly Mount Kamhir should have been a zone full of Wyrms/Dragons/Wyverns and Puks. It woulda made perfect sense, in fact it technically IS a zone(when you do a CS it zones you inside of it). It would be a zone with frequent light weather(auroras) and would be a stark difference between Demons/Darkness/Inner Ra'kaznar and Dragons/Light/Kamhir Mountain.

Inner Raz is a deep abyss and Mount kamhir is an open mountain range. The comparisons of species and environment are a perfect dichotomy. And a final delve zone with Saj being the final foe(to challenge/test adventurers) would have been sweet. I'm hoping really this will actually happen only because every Delve MB only drops hands/feet/legs/head boss equipment but none of the delve bosses drop bodies(not counting mezzotint stuff). A final delve MB(like Saj) could totally drop bodies!
    Other than the area seen in the cs in Mount kamhir, has anyone checked out the zone model and seen if there is something bigger there? Maybe the zone could be something coming in the future? I kinda doubt they'd add a new zone now that the story is over, but maybe it just fell behind in development or something. It did seem strange that they made a separate zone designation for just a couple cs's.

Could help explain the missing dragons/dragoons thing...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New Excerpt of Adoulin today. I remember there being discussion over whether Melvien was possessed or just always Hades' pawn. From the sound of the excerpt, it sounds like perhaps he was always, as it puts it, "the light to the shadow" of the jungle. Perhaps it was something dating back to the ancient days as well? Maybe his blood line was all descendants of Hades or something. Hades himself seemed to be an Elvaan before being corrupted by Tartarus. Having a brain fart, but were any of August generals Elvaan besides Hennetiel? I remember a final general described in the library that has never been seen in a CS or described in any missions. Maybe that's the link, and Hades was just biding his time to call one of his descendants back to him? Would be an interesting way to link it, cause the whole Melvien thing just seemed too outta left field and was never given much of an explanation.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    New Excerpt of Adoulin today. I remember there being discussion over whether Melvien was possessed or just always Hades' pawn. From the sound of the excerpt, it sounds like perhaps he was always, as it puts it, "the light to the shadow" of the jungle. Perhaps it was something dating back to the ancient days as well? Maybe his blood line was all descendants of Hades or something. Hades himself seemed to be an Elvaan before being corrupted by Tartarus. Having a brain fart, but were any of August generals Elvaan besides Hennetiel? I remember a final general described in the library that has never been seen in a CS or described in any missions. Maybe that's the link, and Hades was just biding his time to call one of his descendants back to him? Would be an interesting way to link it, cause the whole Melvien thing just seemed too outta left field and was never given much of an explanation.
    Far as I know, except for Hennetiel they're all hume or mithra. The only one I don't recall ever being mentioned outside the library is Guntram Woltaris, who invented waypoints. Melvien was the leader of the Order of Woltaris, but that name sounds pretty hume. Besides the Order of Adoulin I don't think any of the orders preserved a blood lineage.

Campaign
    BG Level

But Hades in one of the final cutscenes talks about his many "incarnations" or bodies, I don't remember the exact sentence but makes you believe that he's been in several bodies. Wether he possessed other people or found a way to be reborn anew it's not clear, but it's quite evident he's not just a body that doesn't age/die (like Teodor) if we were to judge from that cut-scene alone.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Did the Arciela Trust quest just hint at Dynamis: Adoulin Edition?

She definitely made a reference to Dynamis. And it does seem to be hinting at something at least. Could just be a lead in to the Xol fight if they ever get around to it. Or could be a new Adoulin event.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well they mentioned a group of troops disappearing into tartarus just like happened with dynamis so looks like it. Xol will be the new DL lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

What's the in-world explanation for delve fractures? Like why the hell are there hyper Nakuaals in there?

I think Balamor created Skirmishes, right? So (U) zones are basically the result of Balamor's tripping?

What does that (U) stand for anyway? (S) is Shadowera or whatever, (A) is pretty straightforward, but I don't remember ever reading what the (U) means.