+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Spoiler: show
    8) I knew this was coming. He wasn't a Zilart, Zilarts had nothing to do with this. At all.
    I totally thought that he was when he started talking about opening the gates of paradise in one CS. Glad it turned out differently.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Not sure why we're using spoiler tags, it's a Lore thread, people know it's gonna contain spoilers...

Anyway

He was always Hades. Hades wasn't possessing anyone, Hades was a creature born of a man's ambition. The man was Melvien (or whatever his name was before he discovered Tartarus). Again, this was explained in detail.
    This wasn't that clear, maybe because I was rushing through cutscenes. If Melvien was always Hades then why did Hades need to be 'resurrected'? If he lived in the town and became a Minister, he could have easily just assassinated anyone from the inside. What confuses me most though is that Hades was defeated/sealed hundreds of years ago, so how did he get into Adoulin and rise to become minister of finance. It also doesn't explain Melvien's Personal Reflections/Journal on POL.com where he talks about his internal thoughts about colonization and other anxieties/fears--unless that was all a ruse and was BS.

Also I didn't know Teodor gained an Aura, he died in like 20 seconds so didn't get a chance to see that TP move I guess, was it like a black aura? And in the final fight Arciela seemed to have the same battle model as when she helps you in the Rala fight in the beginning, i.e stands there with an energy ball in her hand and casts RDM spells.

Also I know Sajj' is benevolent but it would have still be a cool oppurtunity for us to fight a light based wyrm. He could have gained our trust after going to the library and passing his trivia game with a test of physical valor. It just would have been another fight, since SoA had so few until the very end.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the energy ball is the sword, and yes it's a dark aura

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The weapons August had whirling around him looked way to good in the 0.5 seconds i got to see them... Anyway to see them somewhere? Did anybody record it?
    Ergon weapons coming from the king's arsenal, hell yes!

I thought it was kinda cool that characters had died, but then again, nobody dies in this game...

Same as Spira, i thought August had pulled a Voldemort, same as Hades, but i hope they continue with this story somehow

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

he energy ball is the sword, and yes it's a dark aura

Arciela has the same combat model as in the final fight. I can't find a video of the final fight because it's too new but if you look closely, her Orthsyne is sheathed and she fights with a glowing right hand. So kind of lame we never get to see Orthsyne's true power, was kind of hoping it evolved into a badass 2h sword that Arciela would wield in the final fight. I also had suspected the Arciela was a RUN given that her Skirt(which is armored) sort of resembles a feminized Rune Fencer's armor a bit, and usually Heroines in Expansions are of the new jobs(Lilisette=DNC, Nashmeira=PUP) I guess Arciela breaks the mold, being a RDM of sorts.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

8) I knew this was coming. He wasn't a Zilart, Zilarts had nothing to do with this. At all. Not only is the man we know as Melvein clearly an elf, but you can see that the man that was Hades before he was called Hades was also an elf very clearly in one of the cutscenes (further clarifying that Melvein is, indeed, the same guy with a different name). He clearly states that Ra'Kaznars existence is a testament to his power/longevity, implying that he, i.e., an elvaan, not a zilart, built it. Odin had nothing to do with it either, we already know where he's from. Tartarus is as of now an unknown in terms of whence it came, Hades merely stumbled upon it and used it to his own ends by using his pawn, Teodor, to subjugate those "imprisoned" or "inhabiting" the realm. From the sounds, Tartarus is more of a prison for demons and beings of great malevolent power, or perhaps even those of benevolent power who have made some god or other entity fear them (i.e., the dragon).
    He's not a Zilart, he's just some guy in the basement of a gigantic complex with an apostrophe in the name and forcefield floors ranting about rescuing everybody's souls from the Emptiness and returning to Paradise!

Hades specifically says he's "had many hosts", and the supplemental material on SE's site establishes that one of the Coalition leaders (Scouts iirc) knew Melvien as a child.

Anyway, Teodor's special move was Hemowhatever.

Campaign
    BG Level

Clearly Taraturs is a prison for evil beings built by the Zilart

lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vathris View Post
    The weapons August had whirling around him looked way to good in the 0.5 seconds i got to see them... Anyway to see them somewhere? Did anybody record it?
    Ergon weapons coming from the king's arsenal, hell yes!
    Each of those (I think, as you said you only saw them for a short time) were Alluvion Skirmish weapons. At least the axe, great axe, and polearm were for sure, I didn't really notice the others.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Each of those (I think, as you said you only saw them for a short time) were Alluvion Skirmish weapons. At least the axe, great axe, and polearm were for sure, I didn't really notice the others.
    I was away when alluvion skirmish came out =/ dammit, some of those looked cool as fuck in the half a second whirl...

Campaign
    BG Level

Alluvion Skirmish models are really hot, imho.
    It wasn't released long ago, the event is not so "old" that it's impossible to get people for it, stones still sell very well and it will soon raise more interest among players as soon as they release Alluvion Yorcia and Alluvion Ra'kaznar (will they actually? I think they will)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I looked quite close. They were not alluvion weapons, they were the weapons wielded by his generals. The polearm was a coalition lance, the same wielded by Hennetial, and I definitrly saw a silver bell, likely Dunna. They were his generals weapons.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

seraphus is right

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

There were 2 Axe Wielding Generals?

Also not gonna lie Spira, when I saw those weapons spinning around, I thought of your .dat mining post that had this gem:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pcDEu_tUiY...08/s1600/5.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jcnabUKvKQ...BI/s1600/6.jpg

And I was like ohshit, he's gonna combine them somehow into some badass Sentai Weapon!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

by axe i assume you mean great axe.

Yahse Karieyh.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I don't remember seeing two greataxe wielding warriors in the artwork of the 12 generals in their AF gear but I could be mistaken. I thought the jobs of his generals was a bit more diverse, but meh.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

if you consider that Morimar is Darrcuiln's master, then he's more of a BST.. and ignore the fact that BSTs don't have gaxe skill of course. he looks the part too

if im not wrong it would be like this.

Cirdas - sword+shield (pld)
    Yorcia - dagger + harpe (thf?)
    Hennetiel - polearm + wyvern Izzy (drg)
    Morimar - gaxe
    Yahse - gaxe (war)
    Rala - bell (geo)
    Marjami - dual rapier (rdm/nin?)
    Ceizak - dagger (rng or brd?)
    Jorius - exorcist (whm)
    August - gswd?
    Xanira - ?
    Guntram - ?

one of thme is probably the blm using the staff

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    if you consider that Morimar is Darrcuiln's master, then he's more of a BST.. and ignore the fact that BSTs don't have gaxe skill of course. he looks the part too

if im not wrong it would be like this.

Cirdas - sword+shield (pld)
    Yorcia - dagger + harpe (thf?)
    Hennetiel - polearm + wyvern Izzy (drg)
    Morimar - gaxe
    Yahse - gaxe (war)
    Rala - bell (geo)
    Marjami - dual rapier (rdm/nin?)
    Ceizak - dagger (rng or brd?)
    Jorius - exorcist (whm)
    August - gswd?
    Xanira - ?
    Guntram - ?

one of thme is probably the blm using the staff
    This is a bit conflicting considering Marjami was the wielder/creater of Epeolatry/Dimmidiation (although in epeolatry cutsences she uses the rapiers on the first few CS)
    Rala on the other hand allways used Idris and that bell.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    He's not a Zilart, he's just some guy in the basement of a gigantic complex with an apostrophe in the name and forcefield floors ranting about rescuing everybody's souls from the Emptiness and returning to Paradise!

Hades specifically says he's "had many hosts", and the supplemental material on SE's site establishes that one of the Coalition leaders (Scouts iirc) knew Melvien as a child.

Anyway, Teodor's special move was Hemowhatever.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Melvien was just a regular dude who got possessed unless someone can specifically cite where it said or strongly implies otherwise. The supplemental material on the expansion site has a monologue of Melvien talking about feeling weird (i.e. getting possessed).

Not sure about Hades and/or Teodor being Zilarts, though. It does look like the form (which was presumably his first) that Teodor first met was an elvaan. There were a few other civilizations with highly advanced technologies- it seems clear to me that they were from just another one of those.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Then again there's only one other humanoid character with wings and he was Zilart (well, Kuluu).

Can somebody summarize what Hades's goals were exactly? I remember that the Naakuals and Xols came from Tartarus and I remember him saying something about saving peoples' souls but I don't remember if there was any overlap or what one had to do with the other.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Then again there's only one other humanoid character with wings and he was Zilart (well, Kuluu).

Can somebody summarize what Hades's goals were exactly? I remember that the Naakuals and Xols came from Tartarus and I remember him saying something about saving peoples' souls but I don't remember if there was any overlap or what one had to do with the other.
    hades goal was to cleanse every soul from the world map and recreate a new world without pain (i believe) or something the likes. Souls never really died, when they lost their physical forms they drifted through time in misery until they were reborn into a new host, just to die again (you can see how Rosalutia brings back Morimars and the Tigers soul into their bodys, so they can live on). Hades wanted to break that cicle of misery by cleansing all souls from the world and recreate some new "better" world.

During Teodors wandering through the Tartarus, he made every foe he slayed pledge allegiance and loalty to hades (So hades had an army to reach is goals). The Naakuals were the ecxeption, even tough he did best them, they refused to pledge allegiance to Hades. Hence why they were imprisoned by Hades together with Sajjaka. August freed them and sealed hades away, as a returned favour the naakuals pledged loalty to august and proceeded to guard the entrances to the serpent labyrinth (hence why you need their KIs to teleport).

I am still confused how Hades new a bout the "Gates of Paradise" tough, even tough they clame he was a human before he became immortal, how does he know about opening the Gates to paradise ¬.¬

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast