Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Linktri [Bismarck] - looking for something to do.

I am Linktri of Bismarck or Magnakai of Fairy. I've been playing FFXI on and off since it's PS2 NA release. Mostly off for the past two to three years. I had to take some time off for real life. Since my debut, I've switched to playing on the PC.

The last time I actively played, Scars of Abyssea was new. It looks as though I'm seriously under equipped compared to the players I see running around town now. As a result, I'm having some self-esteem issues.

My current jobs (in no particular order) are
    WAR - 99
    WHM - 99
    BLM - 99
    RDM - 99
    THF - 99
    SMN - 99
    NIN - 99
    SCH - 99
    BLU - 99

Currently working on getting MNK to 99.

I have old experience in Sea, Sky and some limited ground work. I've done Tiamat, Jormungand, Adamantoise/Aspi, Niddhogg - all of them a long time ago, and some others that I don't remember. Admittedly, I've forgotten a lot. I've been very busy with work, home and family over the past few years and haven't been obsessing over the game properly.

Before I left, I completed my Campaign nation missions, Zilart, Divine Might, Promathia, did sea gods including the Jailer of Love with relative ease though Absolute Virtue was still particularly nasty back then so no real shot at him. I completed Nyzul and did plenty of Salvage though I don't remember getting much out of it. I'm missing progress in Wings of the Goddess though at last count, I had access to all areas in that expansion. Though I own all of the expansions, I'm missing progress in Shantotto Ascension

I did some ZNMs and still have several pop items for them though I've not done any PW. I did a little bit of Einherjar and some Voidwatch when it was new. I did a lot of event NMs back in the early days as well. I may have done a lot of other things as well but just don't remember them. Along with the gaps in my memory, that should be the bulk of my experience in FFXI.

I played WHM as my main job with some moderate skill at nuking on BLM. I still like blowing stuff up and wreaking havoc a great deal. My SMN is missing Alexander and Odin. I really enjoy large fights and being a part of killing things with a team.

I started playing in 2004 and after bouncing around a few social shells, (Espers of Honor was my first and Flames of Light was the most fun.) I applied to ArchDominus in 2005. I wasn't with them for very long. They had some kind of internal drama situation with one of their members and I think a leadership change happened about the same time. This is all speculation and it happened a long time ago. I left and ended up with the fallen of Arch Dominus; Krack and crew. I can't remember the name of his shell. I left not long after I was asked to join.

At that point, I figured that maybe the general horseshit of end-game wasn't for me and maybe being an eternal noob was the way to go. I did some leveling and pursued my CoP missions vigorously. At one point, I was in a pick-up XP party on WHM in Lufaise Meadows when I met Azmerelda, Optimus and Mcginnis. They had been running JuggernautBlack for a few months and we got along really well. A friend and I applied on the same day and our first event with them was a Hakutaku run (remember O-hat?) and they were kind enough to help both of us get our gear. Even after I accidentally ninja lotted a Genbu Shield from a tenured member (I swear it was an accident!), they still let us stay. I don't think I've ever been forgiven by the member that was supposed to get that shield.

Despite my inauspicious beginnings in JuggernautBlack, they let me stay and I was instrumental in just about half of Bismarck (I'm exaggerating.) getting sea access as we pushed all of our members forward. Just like many linkshells of the time, we went through our fair share of folks. Eventually, they decided to sack me and put me in charge of recruiting people since (as is illustrated by the wall of text above) I am clearly gifted with the art of bullshit.

I recruited some great, faithful members and kicked some that weren't so great. I even kicked a few that didn't deserve it; a mentality supported in deed by the Bluegartr community. I even provided some great drama a few years ago in a cross-server warning here on the site.

I suppose I should get to the point.

I'm looking for a Linkshell. One where I don’t have any responsibilities other than to show up, kick some ass, learn how to play again and get some loot from time to time. I'd prefer to stay on Bismarck but I'm open to maybe switching servers. If I don't sound like a terrible douchebag, give me a shot.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Linktri View Post
    I'm looking for a Linkshell. One where I don’t have any responsibilities other than to show up, kick some ass, learn how to play again and get some loot from time to time. I'd prefer to stay on Bismarck but I'm open to maybe switching servers. If I don't sound like a terrible douchebag, give me a shot.
    I haven't updated the recruiting thread yet, but if you're potentially interested in Bismarck's Equilibrium (which now does a lot of Delve, but some other events too), you can send a /tell to Gaspee, Talphon, Bongarippa or Zubuis in-game. They can talk to you about the current state of the shell and discuss what you may be able to bring to and do within it.