+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I feel like it's a very loose association. The closest references people could probably imply involve the Church and people they train.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, they're both part of the greater Type-Mooniverse, along with Kara no Kyoukai; KnK and FSN being more closely related than ST (which I believe is an alternate reality).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I see. I never got interested in Kara no kyoukai after watching the first one - maybe I should try it again. It just didn't grab me at all. Not that I thought it was bad, it just wasn't interesting... And I thought the Tsukihime anime was crap like everyone else does XD Type Moon has a bad history with anime. Needs more stuff like fate/zero. I hope Prism Ilya turns out to be on the 'good' side of the spectrum rather than the mediocre/poor side...

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's silver link, at the very worst you can still count on their fanservice and comedy

And Fate, Tsukihime, and KnK is more or less set in the same universe, just different timeframe/setting

This one is AU of Fate though

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

KnK is canon AU.

Tsukihime and Fate are same.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i guess i keep thinking KnK is in the same universe because of the Aozaki connection

mahoyo is on the pre-canon AU divergence then?

haven't really bothered following spoilers/summaries in that, something about taking 10+ years for a half of a non-VA all age AVG just feel so goddamn pretentious for one reason or the other

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/06/25/f...nly-postponed/
    It almost was a season without Illyasviel, a special pre-airing of Fate/kaleid liner’s first episode has suddenly been postponed – and without a replacement date to look forward to
    Well this sucks.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm.. I think the third volume of the manga was just released. Can't decide if I should buy 1-3 or not.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fate/kalaid liner prisim☆illya Ep1

There was nothing particularly outstanding about this opener, but I can't deny it exuded a lot of "Type-Moon" love for fans. It was fun and not too serious, and hopefully it keeps on entertaining in following episodes. Also, I love the way this show is directed, honestly. It's managed to find the perfect feel for something so off beat.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the pacing could be faster, but i'm satisfied with the level of quality on the action scenes

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Another loli anime to watch jsut after Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi.. zomg loli's everywhere

I liked this episode, having nothing to base it on in terms of pacing I didn't feel bored at all watching it. Ruby easily makes the show worth watching so far and overall it was funny. Nothing much to go on currently, but I'll certainly keep watching.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly this show just reminded me of all the bad shit that happened to the children in Fate/Zero and I became terribly depressed. Think I'll go watch Shinsekai Yori to cheer me up.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    Think I'll go watch Shinsekai Yori to cheer me up.
    Good move, it's sure to do just that haha.

Though on a serious note, they aren't related are they? I don't know much type-moon shit except for what I've seen in anime so yeah.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    it's silver link, at the very worst you can still count on their fanservice and comedy

And Fate, Tsukihime, and KnK is more or less set in the same universe, just different timeframe/setting

This one is AU of Fate though
    There are serious visual similarities between the main characters in this show and the Fate/Zero kids. Obviously completely different tone of the show though.

http://utw.me/images/fzS1.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-930aWhdq70...600/583150.jpg

Black Belt
    BG Level

was there supposed to be a point made or did you just seriously make comparison to show characters in Prisma Illya are from Fate series?

Anyway, the setting is AU Fate universe, where the holy grail war system doesn't exist. Expect to see mostly familiar faces, Irisviel is best mom of all time of all time

Though on a serious note, they aren't related are they? I don't know much type-moon shit except for what I've seen in anime so yeah.
    Shirou is adopted into the Emiya/Einzbern family, not really sure if the Sella, Leysritt, Irisviel and Illyasviel in this series are nasuverse homunculi, human, or something else entirely

was there supposed to be a point made or did you just seriously make comparison to show characters in Prisma Illya are from Fate series?

Anyway, the setting is AU Fate universe, where the holy grail war system doesn't exist. Expect to see mostly familiar faces, Irisviel is best mom of all time of all time

Shirou is adopted into the Emiya/Einzbern family, not really sure if the Sella, Leysritt, Irisviel and Illyasviel in this series are nasuverse homunculi, human, or something else entirely
    OK, I wasn't going crazy, pretty sure in Fate Shirou lived with that crazy teacher in Kiritsugu's house, though I don't expect to see too much of Shirou and his backstory in this universe since it doesn't seem at all relevant. Well, probably not important, gotta have your onii-chan fix somehow.

Black Belt
    BG Level

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    OK, I wasn't going crazy, pretty sure in Fate Shirou lived with that crazy teacher in Kiritsugu's house, though I don't expect to see too much of Shirou and his backstory in this universe since it doesn't seem at all relevant. Well, probably not important, gotta have your onii-chan fix somehow.
    Shiro did live by himself, as Kiritsugu was dead by F/S Night; his teacher, and Sakura, visited him almost daily. In F/K PI, he's still adopted but I don't believe they've gone into greater details because, as you said, it's not too important.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck, I should have bought this in Japan. Why did I have to run out of money.