+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Killzane - TwitchTV - is using one of the new weapons if anyone cares to check it out. The Charge Axe. Looks like a lot of fun!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's finally up on the eShop. Downloading now!

Looking forward to hearing impressions from you Galois. I didn't realize you had a JP 3DS as well! Enjoy!!

For anyone interested in a english commentary stream, the boys from Teamworkcast (and I hear Iceman is also downloading the game) are streaming.

Teamworkcast

Gamingcthulu

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Mannnnnnnnnnn... way to remind me this game is probably not coming to the west... ( at least not for forever and a day..)

Holy shit the Zaboazagil is awesome...

Black Belt
    BG Level

anyone playing this? I got it yesterday and was wondering if anyone else also got it

As far as I know, Galois is the only one that has said he has it. I would love it, but don't have a JP 3DS. If they announce that it is NOT coming over, I will definitely be picking it up then, but in the meantime there is still plenty to do in 3G while I wait. How are you liking it Zilong? Have you used either of the two new weapons much?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've put some time and and really like it. The game feels very similar to 3U in terms of controls. One thing that I've noticed, and I've seen others mention it, is that the game feels a little bit slow between menus, but I'm probably nit-picking.
    I've used the bug staff some, but have fallen back on the long sword. The bug staff is really interesting, though; you can send the bug out from your arm, and shoot pellets from the staff. I haven't used the charge ax yet, but will probably mess around with it some.
    I'm currently on the urgent for the 2 star village quests, so I'm still pretty early in the game. I haven't tried online yet since I wanted to gear up some before heading online.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i was kinda rusty since my last mh was portable 3rd, and i was using lbg then, so it took me a while to get decent at doing melee again. Picked up charge axe, it's pretty fun, but the charge system will break your combo since it would auto dull the sword/shield mode once you have enough to get the bludgeon charges for the axe. I did knocked out monster regularly with it though, especially if there is already a hammer in the party.

overall, it's really fun, but it feels easier because you can get so much knocks from abusing the terrain. Basically the jumping attack will easily do a knockdown, rodeo is an auto knockdown if you success, that and with the overall flinching of the monster and knockout, you can get quite a period of time where the monster is at your mercy when doing online play.

my best rodeo ride is on the spider mob though. the fucker killed me, so i was running back into the zone, i just locked on when getting into its area, and did a random leap of faith on a hole broken down by the rest of the party, and landed on top of it for the rodeo without even aiming for it.

I've gotten HR2, could probably get 3 tonight if i want to, but i think i'd rather farm for the landshark armor for the meat lover ability or the spider armor for capture guru/trapmaster

killed a goa magara earlier as well, that shit is such a fucked up fight, it's like an alatreon nargacuga hybrid.

Black Belt
    BG Level

you know the desire sensor is fucking with you when you get 4 gems and no marrows to show for it, hr goa magara is such a bitch to fight too :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm not nearly as far as you are Zilong, but I'm making some progress. I did get through the Goa Magara fight in the village quests, but haven't done anything online yet. I'll probably start working through the HR missions now that I've built a few gear sets and made a few weapon upgrades. I'm looking forward to trying online.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i just went and got myself a jaggi armor set then just play online and grind all my gears from there, i didnt even bother with the story mode until i hit HR and realized that i have yet to find the gem maker, then spent a bit of today grinding until the story unlock for the floating continent.

will grind the story quest to get access to the Jagal Magara though, i need the part to upgrade my weapon. finally made my goa high + low mixed set, need to combine hr and lr to get the artisan.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Black Belt
    BG Level

got HR50 today, still no sign of kirin, maybe i really need to finish up my village shit or something

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

is it just me or is iCEmannoob sounding more like an asshole every time he does a video?

I haven't actually been watching his videos lately, just streaming Teamworkcast, Souj and Lizardman. Assholey like pretentious?

We aren't spoilering shit in here are we? New and returning monsters and shit? I will this time, but let me know. I don't play Monhun to be surprised... so I could give zero shits about spoilers. Not sure about the rest of you though.

Monster ... spoiler?
    Spoiler: show
    Tigrex Subspecies!
    EFF THIS SCARY MOFO WOW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cips9WDuPyY
    I love a good bug staff player too, this guy really really makes me want to start with this thing when the game is in my hands whether that is an import or NA release.

Black Belt
    BG Level

that tigrex hits like a motherfucker, hilariously slow though

Well shit... this looks just bonkers.

Black Belt
    BG Level

it really depends on how much the guy has been grinding that quest for, up until the 60s it's rather easy

once it hits the level 60+, it starts to become one hell of a nightmare to fight, but it's usually because i do kirin run on bowgun, and good god you just don't live much past an unlucky charge mid shot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries