FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    3 days ago we revealed the North American box art of the upcoming Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on our tumblr and Instagram pages (which you should totally follow for awesome moving pictures: videos and GIFs)...

Today I'm here to share the full image and some other cool info on multiplayer!

As you know, multiplayer is at the core of the Monster Hunter experience. And since it's the first time we see a MH with online on a portable system, we wanted to show that on the main piece of art for the title, that is, the box art.

You can also see a number of new in-game features in this piece, such as the hunter on the Gore Magala's back and the more subtle idea of terrain differences affecting gameplay manifesting itself in the archer on the right.

But let's talk about the main focus again: multiplayer! I'm proud to confirm that multiplayer in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will work amongst both North American and European versions, online AND locally!

So whether you have friends on the other side of the pond or you're traveling abroad, you can still join your fellow hunter and take on majestic beasts!
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh...-info-revealed

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's some pretty sweet box art. I got a chance to play for a little bit during SDCC and it felt pretty damn nice, can't wait.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The video begins with producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kaname Fujioka giving us another look at the player-assisted jumping attack feature. Next, they put their cooperative skills to use against the shark-like amphibious monster, Zamtrios.

At 2:50, we see that Fujioka’s character is paralyzed, but after being launched into the air by Tsujimoto’s Hammer, he is still able to land a nice jump attack.

A new action feature in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate lets you get up quicker after being knocked down by an enemy. At the 3:37 mark, we get to see what it looks like, with a faster rise on the left and a slower one to the right.

Sometimes you might want to stay down a little longer, or you might need to get up quicker at other times, so depending on the situation, you’ll have a choice to do one or the other. However, your character will automatically get up at some point, so you can’t stay down forever.

Another new feature is the auto-chat, that lets you set phrases to activate on certain moments. For example, you can have your character say “I’m on!” once you get on top of a monster, or “Sorry!” when you get incapacitated.

These features were introduced to help players communicate and cooperate more easily with each other, which sounds like it’ll be pretty helpful for taking on the difficult G-rank quests that will come with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

As a last message for the fans, Fujioka says that some people have asked whether Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be much tougher, to which he replies that there’s plenty that can’t be experienced outside of G-rank, and the game itself will have much more to offer than Monster Hunter 4.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/27...ayed-wake-ups/

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat is this?!

Fake? If not, I am double dipping again. Think I may go all digital this time...

https://twitter.com/jpgames_de/statu...45557597990912

Few more images. No word on if it's real, and if so why. People were pointing out that everything around the banner seems to be 3DS stations, so possibly a printing error?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd be down if they could pull off a better framerate on the Wii U version. I usually only play 3U on the Wii U for the online, since the game is much smoother on the 3DS.

Sad that is seems to just be a mistake. I know that the 3DS version of 4 has online so a Wii U port isn't needed for it. I have about 550 hours in 3U at this point and 3/4 of that is on 3DS. Picked the Wii U version back up recently, though, as my friend grabbed it when it was on sale and I am helping him out. It is just really gorgeous to play on the big screen, framerate issue and all. I would double dip just because it is my favorite franchise at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Sad that is seems to just be a mistake. I know that the 3DS version of 4 has online so a Wii U port isn't needed for it. I have about 550 hours in 3U at this point and 3/4 of that is on 3DS. Picked the Wii U version back up recently, though, as my friend grabbed it when it was on sale and I am helping him out. It is just really gorgeous to play on the big screen, framerate issue and all. I would double dip just because it is my favorite franchise at this point.
    Pretty much the same boat here. My brother and I got a copy on WiiU and 3DS for co-op and were hoping they'd do the same with 4

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I put in my preorder for that CE. Why not. I haven't actually decided if I want it, but better safe than sorry. It is going to come down to how likely it is that we get any kind of n3DS bundle with MH4U. I would drop this and grab that in a heartbeat.

In other news, why must they always torment me with the Jolly set. This new version with the goddamn 'parrot' bug from the Glaive is gorgeous. I never understood why it was such a problem to release the set/quest outside of Japan.

Big ol Shonen Jump image:

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy shit is that supposed to be a heavy bowgun? That thing is fucking huge

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

pretty sure its an insect staff. . . with a gun in it

^ Yep. That is just the Jolly Roger Insect Glaive/Staff, almost definitely from MH4G DLC quest. Looks pretty amazing.

EDIT: Looks like more info coming in about the armor of Seruregiosu. Sounds like they are giving it some aspects of Monster Hunter Frontier's 'Stylish' Skill. Basically when you evade, you will get Sharpness back. For his gunner weapons, rolling will get load one more bullet of your current ammo type. He also causes a new status, Laceration, which will cause you to take damage from running/rolling/attacking while you have it. Eat a steak or crouch for a bit to get rid of it. Fun stuff!

Oh look who is back! (at the end)

E. Body
    BG Level

wait omfg rajang is back?
    all these bosses feels like freedom unite all over again asdfghkjl

Hehe, I was talking about Chameleos at the end as I think that asshole is new to 4G, but yessss Rajang. Ugh. So many great oldies came back in 4. I love it. Daimyo, Kushala, Kirin, Fatalis, Akantor, Khezo replaces Giggi, Teos, Tigrex, Ukanlos... so good.

All told, if they are done sneaking them in, there are 23 small monsters and 69 large in 4G, with 9 new ones. Someone said they hoped the new ones weren't just new subs, but they are. With the exception of the brand new Steve (Seruregiosu).

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

you can keep your tigrex, fuck him right in the b hole

Yup. Eff that guy. Seruregiosu, from the looks of it, shares a lot of Tigrex's shenanigans and fuckery. Kind of looks like a Tigrex/Rathalos/Naruga mix. He looks even more fun...

I wonder if they are going to leave some of the older, returning monsters alone when it comes to naming. I really don't see a reason to change any of the ones that we had in 1st and 2nd generation games over here. It would just confuse me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast