+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I played MH3U but not alot wasnt fun for me on WII U and the fact that 3ds had no online was meh
    Keep at it, you'll get used to it quick. You'll learn the monsters too and get into a good groove.

Really rewarding when you start taking down the big guys.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Still have 1 more code if anyone wants one, just PM me. Gonna try out the new weapons now and go back to retry some of the older weapons. Only got into MH when MH3U came out a few years ago and pretty much immediately fell in love with the lance/shield. Maybe try and broaden my horizons this time around. Also I really need to get that add-on stick. A lot of people were recommending it to me.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It's also looking what weapon suit me

I really like Dual Blades and hammer, gonna try to find more

Guessing the goal will try to upgrade most weapons and use the good type to use against

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I saw one video of a guy using Bug Stick against Black Tigrex and I was sold on that. I don't even care if I suck with it. Barring that, the new Longsword moves make it a much more fluid weapon and from what I've heard its a bit harder to stagger teammates with the Spirit Slash Final now so that will be my fall back choice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That would be the Insect Glaive, and yes it is a TON of fun. Kinda reminds me of the old double-saber from the PSO days. Just go straight crazy tearing everything up.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, the one the guy was using was straight up a double saber that was white with blue highlights. Pretty sure it did Dragon element. The video was from MH4 so I'm hoping there's a new G-Rank version that will be useful for endgame stuff in 4G.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It's also looking what weapon suit me

I really like Dual Blades and hammer, gonna try to find more

Guessing the goal will try to upgrade most weapons and use the good type to use against
    You can pick a few weapons you're good with and, yes, you'll want to make a couple with different elements for different monsters.

I didn't look into weapon elements in this one yet, but Slime was a nice choice in 3U to help with breaks.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Slime was a fantastic catch all since relatively few monsters had a major resistance to Slime, and the weapons in general had a disproportionately high damage value on top of the Slime effect.

Plus you know, Kelbi Bow

BG Level

Finally beat the Magala, sadly had 4min left and 2 deaths but w/e! will get better in time!

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Fucking Kelbi Bow man, shit was so broken with 4 people. Judging by the preliminary Weapon Tree lists on the wiki it's looking like Slime weapons will be a decent all rounder weapon again, especially if multiple people in your party have them. There is also apparently another monster that gives Slime weapons so if you didn't like the look of the Broccoli-saurus weapons you might have another option.

Anyone happen to have a spare NA code?

Haven't really kept up with MH4U with no promise of a WiiU port, but I've checked out GaijinHunter's tutorial videos for the new weapons and holy crap charge blade looks confusing as hell. Insect glaive was really confusing when I got a chance to try it last year, but the explanation makes a lot more sense than being dropped in with it blind. Looking forward to turtling like a bitch with lance again though.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob View Post
    Anyone happen to have a spare NA code?

Haven't really kept up with MH4U with no promise of a WiiU port, but I've checked out GaijinHunter's tutorial videos for the new weapons and holy crap charge blade looks confusing as hell. Insect glaive was really confusing when I got a chance to try it last year, but the explanation makes a lot more sense than being dropped in with it blind. Looking forward to turtling like a bitch with lance again though.
    Post up which one you use, enjoy.

1) A0707SHU0K964HX8

2) A070E4530K537ASH

3) A070TE6P1E9TUKHD

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Used 3) A070TE6P1E9TUKHD above. Much appreciated!

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    1) A0707SHU0K964HX8

Friend used this one, thanks.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Had a friend over for dinner tonight so was unable to jump in yet. Looking forward to trying out the two.new ones as well as get back into my switch axe groove.

Out of everything, I've found the switch axe to be a great balance of aggressive and defensive. Mainly because of the side step combined with the sword mode's ability to ignore sharpness to some degree.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Definitely give the Charge Blade a try. I've been a huge fan of the Switch Axe since it was added but Charge Blade is seriously awesome. The vial/loading mechanics add some cool variety, and the burst potential seems insane from the demo.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Charge Blade is just straight up everything gets destroyed. Once you get your phials charged and you switch to axe mode everything just gets demolished. I see a lot of people using this weapon early on.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Used 2) A070E4530K537ASH Thanks a lot!

BG Level

So 2 issues that I have that kills me a lot and I wonder what to do to to fix it ( it's kinda the same issue but w/e).

1). When I get hit fall on the ground, is there a way to put the weapon away faster then waiting for me to get back up then press Y? Because usually that brings point 2.

2) especially on the last boss of the demo ( keep forgetting the name) near the end he usually combo me that kills me and it kinda annoys me and I wanna see if I can fix it.

So Exemple I hit him ( weapon is out) he hits me and I fall on the ground, then sometimes he just dash and push me forward so I take more damage( didn't had time to raise up). Then he charge his big Thunderbolt and finish me off ( because I'm still on the group and can't dodge).

Am I just bad lucked? Or the only way to fix this is "don't get hit"

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The answer in any Monster Hunter falls under don't get hit.

No matter how well geared you are or how well you know a fight there's always that off chance that you could get comboed to death.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast