Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pretty fun day today with the starter deck, really upset I didn't notice this thread back when the KS was running. ><

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am so pissed that I didn't get into the KS. Guys talk to me about having 200+ booster packs all the time.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Having fun with human deck, picked shinhare deck on alpha didnt like it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Game seems pretty cool but the amount of constant confirmation and turn passing is real annoying, hope they tone it down a bit and its just a beta/development thing. Only played a quick game to try it out, I'll probably play some more later if I can talk some friends in to trying it. How grindy is it to get more cards? I assume its possible without paying dosh at least, just curious how bad it is in comparison to other F2P TGC.

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There is no way to get more cards right now except for buying packs. You can use those packs to enter tournaments and win some more, but that's it.
    If you read some of the patch notes they talk Bout starter trial, and the PvE systems that will eventually be implemented.
    It's kind of shitty right now if you didn't get in the KS. But I have hope.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It sounds like the company that handles buying platinum (the ingame currency to buy boosters) used to have something on their purchase page that let you get plat for free but it was like some shady survey filling out shit where they get all kinds of info on you. Saw lots of complaints and since I can't find it now I assume they removed it.

Also I think I read something about being able to customize your priority stops, but haven't looked at that.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Basically, it's a smaller company and the game is earlier in it's development than Hearthstone.
    The game is now stable enough to be in closed beta, but it's not feature complete. They will be adding PvE that will allow F2P to be viable, but it isn't in yet, so for now it's about as P2W as M:tG (except packs cost half as much, because they aren't worried about a paper version). I can't say yet if it will be as grindy as Hearthstone's raw numbers.

If you don't have a sweet kickstarter deal that has been giving you packs for months on end, your best bang for buck would be a VIP sub, gives you 4 packs over four weeks for $4.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Also I think I read something about being able to customize your priority stops, but haven't looked at that.
    When you're in a match (Yeah, it's silly atm, start an AI match) if you look on the left center side of the screen, there is a white and black changing circle.
    That's where you can modify you priority settings, just click it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

lmfao I was in a match where I was winning at first (I had 26 health, he had 12)but my opponent spawned 2 "bird a plenty" (instead of taking damage, draw that much card instead), then it completely turned the table on me, I had 8/9 rose lion, and 10/10 flying hero, but they both would be blocked over and over while he draws card. Because he got so many cards, he played so many monster cards I was overwhelmed. At this point I only had 2 health and he recovered back to 21 health. My 8/9 rose lion, 10/10 flying hero, and 5/5 guard dog was all disabled by inner conflict that he drew.

It's my turn, and I got no card at all in my hand, I only hard 3 cards on the board vs his 10+, not enough to block all of them. Then I drew Chronic Madness (Bury top 4 cards of target's champion deck), used it, my opponent only had 2 cards left in his deck, and I won. LOL

#ibelieve #heartofthecard

http://37.media.tumblr.com/05d493c7d...jdao1_1280.png

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Patch is up

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Starter trials are only 3 matches, and they are very easy. I beat all 3 in less then an hour.
    The AH is horrible right now lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

The starter match AI is... not as robust as the normal AI matches.
    I was routinely going "wtfrudoin" at my first shin'hare match.

It kept tapping my 0/1's
    on IT'S turn
    When I had some 4/4s out

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

My signup beta key finally showed up. Seeing as I got one here months ago, only fair it goes back.

EDIT: Claimed!

Speak up if you claim.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Snagged it. Thanks!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Hex is now on Steam, if you don't want to mess with the standalone client/launcher.
    However there may be a slight difference in the real money currency exchange rate, favoring the standalone client.

The performance of the game is MUCH better than it was a year ago. Not quite Hearthstone smoothness, but they're maybe edging a bit better than the old yearly MTG Duels of the Planeswalkers releases.
    And bugs are NOWHERE near as fucking things up as the new MTGO client code.

There are now 3 PVP cardsets out, including the launch pool. A 4th is due soon.
    An AI PVE gauntlet challenge now exists, gets you virtual currency and various loot depending on your performance. Costs nothing to attempt, always repeatable.

The campaign/story mode was just added. You create a race/class combination character (with 32 combinations available, and they do vary), and are given a deck/cards for the character, so you are no longer stuck with the PVP starter deck you picked. You can create multiple characters, and each character plays through a new instance of the campaign, so the campaign is farmable (and is meant to be). Rewards through the campaign include virtual currency, cards, equipment, and special small packs that can have some limited cards from the three PVP sets in addition to campaign unique PVE cards.
    (PVP cards are valid for PVE, but PVE cards and equipment are not valid for PVP)

As far as I can tell, the character creation deck cards are not tradeable, but otherwise are in your general collection, so creating a bunch of different characters can likely give you a quick shot to your collection to build some different basic decks.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It might be their servers but anywhere other than the title menu I constantly drop to 0-5 fps. Aside from adapting to the lingo compared to mtg it's extremely well polished. I actually regret not dropping MODO and getting on board with this way sooner.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Started playing this game again, havent played since pre-alpha. This game is really fun lol.