BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh noes.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

AOL still exists?

Banned.

BG Level

Posting in a Mazmaz thread.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Wow, those images are shitty.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Are people just gonna look at the ppt slides and not read the article? Cause I'll edit that shit right out

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This nigga..

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Only fucking Maz. Wahhh people didn't read an article i posted so i'm going to edit everything out of my post cause i'm a little bitch.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Are people just gonna look at the ppt slides and not read the article? Cause I'll edit that shit right out

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

maz, stop it. i dont read long ass articles because i surf bg briefly at work.

That being said, a mentor of mine posted this long ,elaborate goodbye on facespace because "i may work for the man, but that nigga gonna learn to keep his nose out of my shit" (yes, he's a conspiracy theorist, lol)

This has been in the coming for a while, and this same mentor told me to close my shit up due to something like this over a year ago. With everything else going on in intelligence gathering, this truly can't be a shock to anyone, and if it is, tin foil helmets engage

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ok but here's the thing. I need you people to get mad and contact your representatives or whatever form of democracy is available to you about this so that your shitty country doesn't enslave the rest of us.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I read the article before and I'll say it again, oh noes.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Ok but here's the thing. I need you people to get mad and contact your representatives or whatever form of democracy is available to you about this so that your shitty country doesn't enslave the rest of us.
    i work for the govt, son. as far as im concerned, you can either tweet me the stupid shit or tweet them for the govt to see; either way i duncurr

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So are you saying people don't care about the Fourth Amendment anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    AOL still exists?
    With 4 million customers, rofl

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hold on, I think I addressed this before.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    One of my coworkers was still subscribed to AOL dial-up up until a month ago. She was paying almost as much as I am currently paying for broadband ($75).

BBC Shorter article;

The US National Security Agency (NSA) is collecting the telephone records of tens of millions of Americans, US officials have confirmed.

The practice, first reported by the Guardian newspaper, has been used to stop a "significant" terrorist attack on the US, a senior congressman said.

On Wednesday, the newspaper published the secret order directing the Verizon company to hand over telephone data.

Civil liberties groups said the details of the report were "stunning".

Senior US Senator Dianne Feinstein on Thursday confirmed the secret court order was a three-month renewal of an ongoing practice.

US House intelligence committee chairman Mike Rogers told reporters collecting Americans' phone records was legal, authorised by Congress and had not been abused by the Obama administration.

He said it had prevented a "significant" attack on the US "within the past few years" but declined to offer more information.

Later, White House spokesman Josh Earnest described the practice as a "critical tool" enabling US authorities to monitor suspected terrorists.

Spoiler: show
    The security agencies and Verizon have not commented.

The document published by the Guardian was signed by Judge Roger Vinson of the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court on 25 April and lasts until 19 July.

It falls under a section of the Bush-era Patriot Act, which allows access to business records for "foreign intelligence and international terrorism investigations".

The order requires Verizon - one of the largest phone companies in the US - to disclose to the NSA the metadata of all calls it processes, both domestic and international, in which at least one party is in the US.

Such metadata includes telephone numbers, calling card numbers, the serial numbers of phones used and the time and duration of calls. It does not include the content of a call or the callers' addresses or financial information.

The White House has emphasised the court order did not authorise US government agents to listen in on Americans' telephone conversations.

But the government could request a wiretap of specific suspicious numbers from the court, which would allow the government to monitor the calls in real time, record and store them.

The measure also contains a gagging order, requiring that "no person shall disclose to any other person that the FBI or NSA has sought or obtained tangible things under this Order".

Reaction for and against the practice has cut across party lines.

"To simply say in a blanket way that millions and millions of Americans are going to have their phone records checked by the US government is to my mind indefensible and unacceptable," Senator Bernie Sanders, a liberal independent, said.

Republican Senator Rand Paul said in a statement he would introduce a bill to prevent security agencies from searching phone records without probable cause on Friday.

But Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said he had no problem with the practice.

"If we don't do it, we're crazy," he said. "If you're not getting a call from a terrorist organisation, you've got nothing to worry about."

Mark Rumold, a staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, told the BBC the court order covered the telephone calls of "millions and millions of people".

He said the law provided for narrower ways for US officials to gain access to the calls of persons of interest and those who contact them.

"This isn't that," Mr Rumold said.

"I believe the NSA has a running map of domestic communications" enabling officials to track the phone calls of foreign targets to US numbers and then any subsequent calls placed from those numbers.

The EFF has suspected authorities had been conducting such surveillance for years. A report appeared in the USA Today newspaper in 2006.

Mr Rumold believes the firms do not challenge these orders.

The US government has previously said obtaining metadata does not require a warrant because it does not constitute personal information.

But rights groups have fiercely criticised the order, with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) describing it as "beyond Orwellian".

"It provides further evidence of the extent to which basic democratic rights are being surrendered in secret to the demands of unaccountable intelligence agencies," said Jameel Jaffer, ACLU's deputy legal director.

Two Democratic senators have been pressing the Obama administration to clarify the scope of its public surveillance.

Last year, Mark Udall and Ron Wyden wrote to US Attorney General Eric Holder saying they believed "most Americans would be stunned" by the government's "secret legal interpretations" of the Patriot Act.

The White House came under heavy criticism last month after papers were leaked showing it had gathered the phone records of journalists at the Associated Press.

The story prompted questions from both Republicans and Democrats in Washington about how the White House was balancing the need for national security with privacy rights.

The Obama administration has aggressively investigated disclosures of classified information to the media, bringing more cases against people suspected of leaking such material than any previous administration, correspondents say.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22793851
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...on-court-order
    http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=838

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

There it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Canada: Forever surviving by sucking on America's penis.
    [edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Must all be over 80.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Mazmaz, don't post articles about important things. You're terrible and the reactions to stuff you post are going to be terrible.

This is a very significant development. Don't shit on it by being involved in it in any way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast