Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A follow-up to the above OXM UK cover, the beta will be released yet this year, no full game until 2015.

"Halo news will be coming at E3"
    Our next batch of Halo news will come at E3, according to Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer.

“Halo news will be coming at E3,” Spencer said in a response on Twitter. “[343 Industries] has a great plan in place, will be cool to share with everyone.”

In an earlier tweet, Spencer said the company’s E3 planning is “looking good,” with a lineup of “new, announced, unannounced, and hopefully unexpected” titles.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/02/halo-news...dios-boss-says
    https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/439214098123739136
    https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/439204503552671745

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-h...y-announcement
    http://news.xbox.com/~/media/images/...inal.png?h=538
    Any time you transition to a new platform, there is the opportunity to look at things with a new perspective. For us at 343 Industries, the launch of the Xbox One was an opportunity to think about what stories we wanted to tell, how to tell them, and how best to push the “Halo” franchise to showcase the platform. And, most importantly, combining our passion for “Halo” with the vocal and informative input from our fans.

“Halo” isn’t simply a perennial game franchise, it’s a part of the Xbox platform itself. In terms of innovation and ideation, it’s sometimes important to people who might not even play “Halo.” And of course it’s a passion and an essential experience for two generations of gamers. So we asked ourselves, how do we begin and where do we go with “Halo” on Xbox One?

In the past, “Halo” games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.

I’m happy to reveal that “Halo 5: Guardians,” the next installment in the legendary saga of the Master Chief, will launch on Xbox One in fall of 2015. In the tradition of every “Halo” game since its debut in 2001, it is a massive and exciting project.

“Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

It’s a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from “Halo 4” about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale – and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the “Halo” universe.

And 2015 won’t simply be the year of “Halo 5: Guardians,” it will also be a year that offers us a unique opportunity. The opportunity to invite old friends and new audiences into that universe through the “Halo” television series, launched as a unique collaboration with Steven Spielberg and some of the finest creative minds in the business. A series that will stand alone, as well as complement and enrich the game experience. We’ll have more to share on the “Halo” television series as we near its projected fall 2015 release.

Your Journey Begins in 2014

Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that “Halo” fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store.

So until E3, I’d like to express my gratitude to our massive and varied Halo community, whose energy, enthusiasm, criticism and kindness are the driving force behind what we do and what we hope to achieve in “Halo 5: Guardians.”

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that last bit means Halo 2 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta access as per the leak by ntkrnl last year.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us...-great-journey
    As you’re probably aware, my boss and studio head for 343, Bonnie Ross, officially announced the next installment in the Halo saga: Halo 5: Guardians, coming in fall 2015 for Xbox One. I will be up front and admit that I don’t have much more detail to add, but here at Waypoint, our conversations tend to be a little more insider, a little more familiar. And this is no exception.

Last year at E3, Bonnie famously said, “Your journey begins in 2014…” Wait – hang on – you thought: “What journey is she talking about and why is Chief wearing a poncho?” Okay, some might call it a cloak, but the fact remains – you knew something more nuanced was afoot. So it’s quite likely that Bonnie’s 2015 release announcement today surprised no one in the Halo community. In fact, I suspect most of you who read the Halo Bulletin regularly anticipate there’s even more to come.

Well you might be right, but we’ll have significantly more to say about that at E3 and beyond. Suffice it to say, another shoe has yet to drop.

But getting the Halo 5: Guardians announce out of the way is a big weight off our shoulders. This audience has correctly stated and assumed that you can’t necessarily squish a full Halo game into anything less than a three year development schedule – and at least up to and including Halo 5: Guardians, that’s more or less true.

But we’re not just making a new game in that three year span, we’re also making a new engine. During the development of Halo 4, we pushed the Xbox 360 and the engine to its limits, and we were happy with the way we were able to make the Halo universe look. The Xbox 360 still has a few tricks up its sleeve, even now. We are moving to a whole new platform with the Xbox One – a new architecture, new graphics hardware and bluntly some new ways to think about gaming, period.

Bonnie also called out 60fps and dedicated servers last year – attractive, desirable, and possibly expected upgrades to the Halo experience. After all, we won’t be the first 60fps shooter out there. That said, these must-haves are not necessarily easy to achieve.

Previous Halo titles, Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 for example, strove to push the entire ecosystem forward – dual stick FPS with big open spaces in the case of Combat Evolved, and broadband matchmaking in Halo 2 – are just a couple of examples of the series innovating or amplifying ideas. So in building Halo 5: Guardians, we want to push the ecosystem as well as the universe. And we’ll have some surprises in store for new and loyal players of the series.

So that’s it for now, but E3 is just around the corner. So if you bide your time and hold your breath, you won’t have to wait too long to hear about the next steps on this Great Journey.

Frank O’Connor
    Franchise Development Director
    343 Industries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

'murica, fuck yeah

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Halo 5: Guardians may not be hitting until the fall of 2015, but faithful followers of Microsoft’s flagship first-person shooter can curb their Covenant-crushing appetite this November with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Landing just in time to celebrate Halo 2’s 10-year anniversary on November 11 of this year, this fan-pleasing package contains Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 on a single disc for $59.99.

More than a mere bundle of previously released games, however, The Master Chief Collection is a beast of an offering brimming with more bonuses, enhancements, and extras than you can shake an Energy Sword at. For starters, each title is optimized to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s power and will run at 60 frames-per-second. So, even the series’ most recent releases – Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 4 – will benefit from the jump to Xbox One, sporting much higher fidelity, better shadowing, reflection, and lighting effects, as well as an overall level of detail that trumps the previous console generation.

While Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 3, and Halo 4 will melt your eyeballs, Halo 2 raises the bar even further... then chucks it, javelin-style, through the heart of your high expectations. Because the Master Chief’s second outing is celebrating a big anniversary, his handlers are giving it an extra coat of awesome. All of the cinematics have received a retina-searing makeover courtesy of Blur Studios; the crazy-talented team is also applying the movie-making magic to a brand-new prologue and epilogue that sheds some light on the Chief’s forthcoming journey in Halo 5: Guardians.

Those who replay Halo 2 will also be treated to new narrative elements via story-expanding Terminals, much like those found in Combat Evolved Anniversary. Also like its predecessor, Halo 2 will see the addition of game-customizing Skulls, as well as the cool ability to swap between its original visual presentation and the optimized version at the touch of a button. Finally, Halo 2’s massive multiplayer following can celebrate the big 10 by diving into six map remakes, built from scratch for the Xbox One.

Speaking of fragging friends online, The Master Chief Collection features all the multiplayer content from each of the four games, including all previously released download-only maps. While sorting through this enormous amount of solo and multiplayer content might sound like a daunting task on par with fixing a Warthog flat, 343 Industries has got your back. Thanks to what they’re calling the Master Menu, players won’t have to hop from menu to menu when navigating this epic offering. All campaign chapters are unlocked from the get-go, so fans can use this intuitive interface to play any mission, any time, at any skill level. Multiplayer will also benefit from the Master Menu, as a variety of user-friendly, streamlined features – such as maps being broken into gameplay types – are being implemented.

The final game will also leverage this seamless UI to offer curated playlists, such as ones that, say, allow you to play through each of the four games’ final missions consecutively, or let you experience every Warthog mission in one sitting. While the prospect of piloting the Chief’s slick ride for several hours straight is exciting, it’s but just one of the reasons this collection will have you up way past the wee hours.

On top of all the tweaks and enhancements to four of our all-time favorite games, The Master Chief Collection also features the debut of Halo: Nightfall, an all-new digital series executive produced by legendary director Ridley Scott and directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes). While details on the project are protected as fiercely as UNSC secrets, we can reveal that the series – airing weekly – will tell the origin story of an all new character that is pivotal to Halo 5: Guardians.

While “Nightfall” will offer a tease of what’s to come in Halo 5: Guardians, The Master Chief Collection will give fans an actual taste of what it’s like to play it with access to the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. Welcoming fans this December, the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta offers a taste of the new multiplayer gameplay and features coming next year with the game’s full release.

Whether you’re a new Xbox One owner wondering what the fuss is about, or a seasoned Spartan looking to revisit gaming’s signature sci-fi epic, Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a must-have that will keep you locked, loaded, and littering the landscape with Covenant corpses until Halo 5: Guardians lands next year.
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/events-...-collection-e3

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I really did not expect them to release ALL the maps from the previous games. I was iffy before, but if they let me play custom games on any map, I'm buying that collection day one.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/10/ha...unches-dec-27/
    Microsoft's planned Halo 5: Guardians beta will begin December 27 and run for three weeks, ending on January 17, 343 Industries Studio Head Bonnie Ross tells Joystiq.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

"it is but just one"

PICK A PHRASE

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

halo 4 sold 9 million copies. I think it will do just fine even if its rushed LOL.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.totalxbox.com/78092/halo-...mor-abilities/
    Were/are you keen on Halo 4's Armor Abilities? Comprising a range of active and passive buffs such as the ability to see through walls or conjure a shield, they're among the things that most obviously set the game apart from predecessors. Many fans weren't amused, styling this the "Call of Dutification" of Halo. Good news, detractors - according to 343's design director Bradford Welch, there's none of that sort of thing in Halo 5: Guardians for Xbox One.

"Arena means what you'd expect," he said of a reference to "next generation arena multiplayer" in the below trailer for the game's beta, which begins in December. "Competitive focus, level playing field, map control. Spartan abilities are player mechanics not loadout AAs." These abilities are "things that every player can do inherently with their Spartan," Welch added, when pestered by Twitter followers.
    The wording is confusing but it means. "features." Using h2 as an example, new features would have been dual wielding and boarding.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

map list
    Spoiler: show
    From Halo: Combat Evolved
    Battle Creek
    Blood Gulch
    Boarding Action
    Chill Out
    Chiron TL-34
    Damnation
    Danger Canyon (PC)
    Death Island (PC)
    Derelict
    Gephyrophobia (PC)
    Hang 'Em High
    Ice Fields (PC)
    Infinity (PC)
    Longest
    Prisoner
    Rat Race
    Sidewinder
    Timberland (PC)
    Wizard

From Halo 2
    Ascension
    Backwash
    Beaver Creek
    Burial Mounds
    Coagulation
    Colossus
    Containment
    Desolation
    District (PC)
    Elongation
    Foundation
    Gemini
    Headlong
    Ivory Tower
    Lockout
    Midship
    Relic
    Sanctuary
    Terminal
    Tombstone
    Turf
    Uplift (PC)
    Warlock
    Waterworks
    Zanzibar

Halo 2 maps remastered using a "native" Xbox One engine
    Ascension
    Lockout
    Zanzibar
    ???
    ???
    ???

From Halo 3
    Assembly
    Avalanche
    Blackout
    Boundless
    Citadel
    Cold Storage
    Construct
    Epilogue
    Epitaph
    Foundry
    Ghost Town
    Guardian
    Heretic
    High Ground
    Isolation
    Last Resort
    Longshore
    Onslaught
    Orbital
    Pit Stop
    Rat's Nest
    Sandbox
    Sandtrap
    Snowbound
    Standoff
    The Pit
    Valhalla

From Halo 4
    Abandon
    Adrift
    Ascent
    Complex
    Daybreak
    Erosion
    Exile
    Forge Island
    Grifball Court
    Harvest
    Haven
    Impact
    Landfall
    Longbow
    Meltdown
    Monolith
    Outcast
    Perdition
    Pitfall
    Ragnarok
    Ravine
    Relay
    Settler
    Shatter
    Skyline
    Solace
    Vertigo
    Vortex
    Wreckage

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Really hoping one of the Xbone redone maps is Waterworks.

BTB on Waterworks were some of the greatest matches ive ever played.

and BTB CTF on Containment. hnghh

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/games-halo-at-rtx
    From July 4-6, 343 Industries will be at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX) in Austin, Texas to deliver all sorts of “Halo” goodness to fans, including an exclusive panel dedicated to “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.”

On Saturday, July 5 (12 – 1 p.m. CT), whether you’re attending RTX this year or watching the expo live on Twitch, join the development team at 343 Industries and Certain Affinity as they discuss their design philosophy and vision for “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” share war stories about the development of the original “Halo 2,” and more.

Who knows? They might have a couple surprises to reveal as well.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls