Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Haha Metal Blade purely OP because you throwing fucking saw blades!

I was killing bitches left and right with spark man tho.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Man this game is fun, and I'm horrible at it (haven't spent more than a couple days playing fighting games ever lol). I feel like the option to use the dpad instead of the circle will feel much better when that gets here. Having trouble with the timing on smash attacks with the circle, usually get the strong attack instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    It'll all be over soon! Only 1 and 1/2 months between 3ds and wii u, i really can't wait. I'm comfortable with the 3ds demo, so i can play it just fine when retail comes. It's just gonna suck unlocking everyone twice.
    I thought your supposed to be able to transfer saves between consoles, so you don't need to unlock everything twice

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I can't play the demo anymore, since i can't official practice with it

(most characters i wont use)
    I 'll remap almost all the buttons
    and etc

ARE WE OCTOBER 3RD YET

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

We English commercials now!

Third is the best imho, but they are surprisingly not cringe worthy.

Settle it in Smash is a catchy marketing phrase. This has potential.

Edit: First video fixed.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

LOL @ the Trainer

BG Level

First one doesn't work for me

The last one is easily the best.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Last one I died lmao shits great.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No official release on wii u right? D: i need this weekend so bad lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lolcompetitive fighter aside, I find myself enjoying this demo more if I actually try to play it as a 1v1 fighting game. lvl9 cpu, omega only.

I'm not a good Smash player so most of my matches end up with a sudden death. Mario's a dick also, that is all. Trying to find a decent use for Link's bomb besides using it to bait the AI to dodge towards me to catch with another attack.

BG Level

I like bomb better then arrow to prevent lolAI to come back

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

LANA!
    POPO!
    LANA!
    POPO!

It has to be intentional at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    lolcompetitive fighter aside, I find myself enjoying this demo more if I actually try to play it as a 1v1 fighting game. lvl9 cpu, omega only.

I'm not a good Smash player so most of my matches end up with a sudden death. Mario's a dick also, that is all. Trying to find a decent use for Link's bomb besides using it to bait the AI to dodge towards me to catch with another attack.
    Bombs are great for creating space and trying to grab control. Try dropping bombs by press Grab in the air--they'll fall at a non-increased speed instead of at high speeds downward. You can then judge how your opponent reacts, and trap accordingly. Not a 100% kind of thing, but definitely a setup.

Also can hit people trying to recover rather low as said above.

Good for doubles for setting up your partner with an easy follow-up for kill as well.

Don't discount doubles when you get the full game--it's the only way Brawl was actually any fun in the end of its life, and dubs looks pretty amazing for Smash4 as well. Just make sure you keep that Team Attack on don't turn into a scrub.

The only way to team smash is with friendly fire. So good.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    Also can hit people trying to recover rather low as said above.
    Did the prior Smash have the one second invincibility when you ledge grab? Shit is super irritating when you're trying to lock someone out of the platform since you can't just smash them back off. Tried toying with bomb more, but I could never get it at the distance I'd want to knock the AI beyond their Up+B recovery range.

Cleared all lvl9 characters now. I think I may end up nabbing a digital copy sometime. I really like Link's handling in this iteration of the series. That and I'm not stuck using a Toon'd version of him because the normal version was fucked so hard in Brawl.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Does the code demo stop working since the real demo's out now? I've had my DS slept for days and haven't closed the game since I got it (thanks again Rata). Now I'm afraid to check the eshop or play anything else!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Does the code demo stop working since the real demo's out now? I've had my DS slept for days and haven't closed the game since I got it (thanks again Rata). Now I'm afraid to check the eshop or play anything else!
    I can't confirm, but I believe it's 30 plays of the demo. Someone said it earlier in the thread that Nintendo usually handles it that way. That would be 30 times opening and closing the demo.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did the prior Smash have the one second invincibility when you ledge grab? Shit is super irritating when you're trying to lock someone out of the platform since you can't just smash them back off. Tried toying with bomb more, but I could never get it at the distance I'd want to knock the AI beyond their Up+B recovery range.
    Ledge invincibility's been there since the first game, and it used to refresh every time you grabbed the ledge no matter what. One of the biggest changes in this one is you don't get more invincibility until you touch the ground, get hit or spend a certain amount of time off the ledge I think? I don't know the exact mechanics, but between that and being able to steal the ledge, chasing offstage is a much better option than its ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Platinum demo still works fine, still unlimited uses.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did the prior Smash have the one second invincibility when you ledge grab? Shit is super irritating when you're trying to lock someone out of the platform since you can't just smash them back off.
    Yes, it was always there and used for the basis of gimping people who would try to recover but had no actual hit on the edge itself so they just fall to their doom. Smash 4 now allows everyone to be able to grab it even if they didn't hit the person on it. It was the best change they made to the Smash series because there is a lot less risk to jump off the edge to keep opponents from coming back creating more dynamic play and it helps several characters who otherwise had terrible/nondamage recoveries even some of the new ones (Ganondorf, Zelda, Little Mac, Megaman in terms of horizontal recovery from a distance, etc).