+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 169 FirstFirst ... 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If you are looking for a Mega Man or Sonic Amiibo and you live near a fry's, check their site. They don't have any for delivery but my wife secured one of each for in store pickup. They also have a ton of Sheik's on the floor. Mega Man and Sonic were not on the floor though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Got my CD in.

Not bad. Pretty good selection of songs, but I do have a complaint.

Why no Mega Man music? Pac-Man is here. But no Blue Bomber? Was Capcom that hamfisted about letting their IP be used? Was Nintendo that cheap to not include it?

Don't get me wrong, 9000 mario songs for free are nice. But would it kill you to throw in that delicious Air Man stage remix? C'mon man.

At least they tossed Zelda II's Temple Theme in there. Like Zelda stages need other music besides that and LttP's Dark World remix.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Full soundtrack, 320kbps and FLAC available.

Don't even plan on opening my CD lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/co...oundtrack_rip/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

No CD yet. Sad times. I got the initial confirmation email that I ordered it in January but no email for delivery yet.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Mine still hasnt shipped

No ship yet for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Watching some random tournaments on Twitch tonight, anyone ever hear of Oomba?

So. Much. Diddy. Salt. Tonight. Thrown controllers. Whipping of cords. Throwing of drinks. Four letter word chains.

And there's really only been one big HOO HAH moment. So much fucking salt.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was playing doubles "for fun" the other night and this Villager and Falco duo kept spamming nothing but blaster and Lloid-rocket or w/e it's called. I think I was playing Lucario for that match and kept stupidly getting caught in it trying to go near them. Don't even know what my partner was doing but it was pretty annoying playing vs people like that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My LGS has smash and I started playing a couple weeks ago. I keep running into issues though. Maybe I think I should be better than I am because the people I play with are much better than myself, or I'm just bad at fighting games. I don't own a console, so I only get to play when I show up to the shop. So far I really like diddy kong and duck hunt. I keep flubbing a lot though. I keep hitting shield and over repeatedly instead of just holding shield and hitting over to roll lol. I also side smash too often, and in this game the charge for them is really slow from what I remember from melee. I do really like the game though. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to get better at.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I was playing doubles "for fun" the other night and this Villager and Falco duo kept spamming nothing but blaster and Lloid-rocket or w/e it's called. I think I was playing Lucario for that match and kept stupidly getting caught in it trying to go near them. Don't even know what my partner was doing but it was pretty annoying playing vs people like that.
    This is why playing with Team Attack Off is pointless and for amateurs. Really, it's much more rewarding learning how to not hit your partner and also be able to save your partner off the stage if they can't make it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    My LGS has smash and I started playing a couple weeks ago. I keep running into issues though. Maybe I think I should be better than I am because the people I play with are much better than myself, or I'm just bad at fighting games. I don't own a console, so I only get to play when I show up to the shop. So far I really like diddy kong and duck hunt. I keep flubbing a lot though. I keep hitting shield and over repeatedly instead of just holding shield and hitting over to roll lol. I also side smash too often, and in this game the charge for them is really slow from what I remember from melee. I do really like the game though. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to get better at.
    1. What button do you shield with? I really suggest using L only for shielding (if you're using R right now). It's the same hand as your movement, and you'll get used to thinking about them and reacting in tandem a lot better.

2. Practice just holding shield for way longer than you should. Turtle a bunch, and just start hitting forward/back eventually. Do this in doubles maybe so it's not so apparent (since you don't have your own WiiU). You could get an adapter and play Melee/PM on Dolphin on a computer and practice basic tech that works between the games though.

3. Be a student of the game if you really want to be good. I didn't play Melee for years, for instance, but I watched tons of high level play from tons of tournaments. I picked it back about a year ago, and after a few days all the knowledge and experience I gained from watching translated into the correct inputs. You can do the same with S4.

I can say more stuff but that's a starting point I think. You'll get better; just don't tell yourself you're bad or you'll always be bad.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

"local" (hour and 15 min bike ride) library had a ComiCon and one of the local game stores showed up and had a smash tourney. Won it and won this

Already have one, so I'm going to try to see if I can trade it for a Pit amiibo

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Whats up with homeskillet right there?

He's eyeing you down hardcore.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

He can't handle the power of your muscles and superior gaming skillz

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Please understand.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    Please understand.
    It can't be helped.

Nothing can save Smash4 for me anyway except a change in the meta. I don't mind watching/playing as long as it's not a campy as hell player. Outside of that I normally just fall asleep.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    It can't be helped.
    Its not like I wanted to or anything.

Just buster'd it up real hard at ODU. A guy I usually beat in friendlies 3-1'd me on PM. Feels depressing when you can look back at the matches and tell yourself exactly why you lost.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Apparently yesterday was the last day to register for Mewtwo DLC.

Oops