+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

out October 31, which is surprising, I was expecting it to be pushed to early 2015

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

can't post the trailer because it's a shitsite exclusive but there's a new trailer out. also
    In addition to showing off the gameplay, the developers also used the trailer as an opportunity to announce a special Limited Edition version that will include the official game soundtrack, Monk’s Decipher DLC which enables players to uncover hidden secrets, and the Demonic Weapons Pack DLC that gives players three additional special weapons to wield in battle. The Limited Edition will be a free upgrade for anyone who pre-orders the game ahead of its release.
    edit: someone rehosted it

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

very excited for dark souls 3

All that blue,orange and brown, feels like a movie poster.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

vikingsouls?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This does look pretty good. Need to keep it on the radar.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Watched a good amount of a stream last night. I can't wait for this. It definitely has a Dark Souls flavor, and looks gorgeous. Difficulty looks a bit easier to me, but I am in.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Damn near 5hrs of play from Lobos Jr.
    If you know DkS streamers, you know this guy so you know he's used to playing games of this type.

Now I feel like I should have posted it too. =P Odd man in the middle!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

lol, I totally didn't pay attention.

Just posted away.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Any word on this? I saw reviews were kind of meh

I have a few words. Got my Gamefly PS4 copy yesterday, and had time to put a few hours into it. Here is a mess of random, all over the map, impressions:

I talk a lot, nothing really spoiler here. I just talk... a lot.
    Spoiler: show
    • Out of the box, there was some of the most awful and noticeable tearing I have ever seen. It was nauseating and I am not even particularly sensitive to it. HOWEVER there was a 5GB patch, and once applied it seemed to alleviate 90% of it. I still notice some but oh man... it was tearmageddon without the patch.

• Reportedly the game freezes. A lot. I haven't had one yet, but I am not confident that I won't.

• The camera can be pretty awful if you end up between a wall and a mob. If you also happen to land a backstab while there it swings sideways so you can see pretty much nothing at all. Speaking of the camera, there is practically no dead-spot on the right stick in regards to camera control, so I am constantly bumping it around.

• It can be confusing, as the locale is pretty samey looking. Found a few rooms that I swore I had been in only to notice chests or enemies that made me realize I hadn't. It isn't super linear, though your advance is blocked off in a few ways so it can be hard to know if you are heading the right way to continue the quest. I haven't really been 'lost'.

• Voice acting, lip syncing, general cutscene shenanigans are pretty poor. That is when it works. On my second character (more on that in a bit) I had all VA, music and some sound effects just drop out entirely.

• I am a little early to say whether or not I like the combat. Some weapons, the heavier ones, I really don't like as the mobs are just too fast.

• The armor, same boat. I am starting to feel like you are punished a bit for trying to have a faster character that sticks to light armor. Too early to tell, but it seems like a Havel Guy™ would make this game much easier.

• As I said I have two characters already, and in a few hours killed the first two bosses with both of them. The first one was a Cleric with Solace magic. I didn't mind him but hit a wall with the second boss. I think I would have been fine but wasn't really loving it. So I created a Rogue with Deception magic and beat both bosses first try. Not sure I am loving any of the magic whatsoever to be honest, but I like the higher equip burden of the Rogue... the damage (that I take and deal) is pretty awful on bosses though.

• The look of the game, meaning mostly the atmosphere is... pretty? There are some nice touches. Lots of great use of light. The sound, when it is working is pretty good too though the directional cues are a bit off/odd.
    Still early to say for me on this game.

I want to like it. I really do. I am just going to have to play more and see if the bugs and minor gripes I have become overbearing. I can easily see that happening as there are simply too many problems to ignore for the sake of 'fun'. Also... there is a bug in the game that can cause you to die immediately after loading in at a checkpoint. Infinite death loop. AKA, you get to start your game over. I have also heard that the freezes have caused save corruptions for a few people.

So current verdict for me: REALLY happy I decided to Gamefly this one. I want to experience it but even this early in I can safely say I wouldn't have wanted to pay $60 to do so.

thx I'll wait for a steam sale on this one than

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, I was going to day 1 this because I'm fairly confident I won't enjoy it if I play it after Bloodborne but initial impressions make me think I don't really want to spend full price on this.