1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 163 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

PS3 users, I've figured out how to make the chat box bigger. Hit the start button, then L1+R3 to activate mouse mode, then hover over the top right corner of chat log, hit L2 and drag to how you like it. You'll have to readjust your HUD so things aren't overlapping.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

GF was doing gridiania Main story quests and just completed the quest where you have to kill the mage and gargoyle thing but now she has no other quests. Anyone know where she has to go?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    PS3 users, I've figured out how to make the chat box bigger. Hit the start button, then L1+R3 to activate mouse mode, then hover over the top right corner of chat log, hit L2 and drag to how you like it. You'll have to readjust your HUD so things aren't overlapping.
    This helps, but for some reason you can't drag and drop the chat window.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Seems like there's an issue getting into instances when a bunch of people are trying as well? Anyone else experience it?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    This helps, but for some reason you can't drag and drop the chat window.
    Nope, that's the only HUD piece that can't move. I wonder if it has something to do with it staying up during loading windows

Why did they make NPC bought gear already colored -_-

No, I don't want a purple cuirass and yellow pants, thanks.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If anyone on Couerl needs/want/cares to do "It's Probably Pirates" (Sastasha instance), lemme' knowwww~

My dyke of a character is Miya Kai.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Seems like there's an issue getting into instances when a bunch of people are trying as well? Anyone else experience it?

Yes, I can't seem to get into the first instance quest in Gridania. A lot of other people are having the same problem, so it seems. It just locks my character for about 2 mins and I have to wait to be able to move again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems there's a limit to instances. 6 or so people in.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Some criticism because I don't think anyone wants to see me going all FF fanboy over this, which is honestly all I want to do after last night:

Still very concerned about the viability of leveling classes after you are out of quests (ie, your fourth class, although you can replicate the scenario by leveling your second class in your starting area). The game still feels very repetitive and slow without quests. I did some FATEs up to five times each when leveling my first class simply because of the running around while questing. How many times will I repeat a specific FATE when I am actively trying to do FATE? Some areas have pretty nice FATE cycles (such as the first La Noscea area) but this gets old real fast.

Guildleves still feel like bad content to do alongside FATEs and logs, because they do not send you all over the area, and thus you will only run into FATEs and log entries that spawn around the guildleve.

Hunting logs tie you to the area the class is from, which imo feels very limiting. I would like to see one log per area for every class, and have the ranks unlock in all of them as you progress (so that I could do rank 1 in Thanalan then go do Rank II in La Noscea, for example).

Overall the leveling experience was fun, I'm just not convinced this game supports leveling all of its classes without making you want to kill yourself, unless they have more systems we haven't seen yet.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    I won't lie I'm pretty happy about all the XI imports I've seen. Gigas, Genbus, Pugils, Mandies, crabs, mamool ja, and probably a ton of other ones I haven't seen yet.
    This game requires Dhalmels or it will fail.

I've only done a handful of leves but it certainly struck me as odd that despite not having to be activated at a camp/aether, they all seem to take place in a relatively small area around the levemete NPC.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    This game requires Dhalmels or it will fail.
    What are you talking about, there are tons of elvaans... er elzens

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think its designed to be slower leveling once you've capped one class.

Theres also the leveling Raids.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    What are you talking about, there are tons of elvaans... er elzens
    Was expected.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bombs are really squishy targets for Thaum.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Anyone else having major connection issues this morning? I haven't been able to stay connected for more than 2 minutes the past 2 hours. Was perfectly fine for me all day/night yesterday, and the same earlier this morning. Thinking it's something on my end, but wanted to see if I'm not alone here.

Still very concerned about the viability of leveling classes after you are out of quests
    That is a reasonable concern, but it could be that the leveling experience has been tuned around 2-3 jobs, and not necessarily all of them (which is usually classified as "hardcore").
    Back in the old FF XI days, and before Colibri and/or Abyssea, i remember a lot of players only having like 2 - eventually a third - jobs at lv.75, and still enjoying the game.

Also, it can be that on someone's 5th or 6th job levelling, benefits such a Guild "stuff" (I dunno, buffs from Private Companies and such) or friends making set parties will probably ease most of the required grind.

Still, that looks a lot better than most MMOs, in which each alt characters experience the exact same game all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by kro View Post
    Copperbell Mines was the most fun I had in ARR so far. I hope the other dungeons can match it.
    Agreed.

Don't fuck with the blob. Best boss design EVER.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    You would be surprised how much the keyboard interface is improved when you discover Num0.

Num0 is the kb equivalent of Enter in XI/XIV, and Beta3 has greatly improved Num0 confirmation mashability over previous versions. Try it and see; works for completing quests, submitting items, all kinds of stuff.

Also, don't forget Num7/Num9/Num3. Those "tab" you to/through various dialog boxes.
    This is the best advice i've seen. However I've went into keybindings and changed confirm to my middle mouse button. And that makes me able to just spam middle mouse button to complete all that stuff quickly.