1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 163 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    They mentioned adding daily quests and stuff later on, so that's even more content.
    Guildhest, while it gives great exp/gil first time around, seems pretty weak after that. As there are no other rewards people might not seem too inclined to repeat it.
    I was actually going to edit that in, but since you brought it up before I was done I might as well reply:

Three of my classes will level up at a faster pace due to having access to normal quests and daily quests - the rest of them will only have daily quests. The problem is some content is exhausted (the main bulk of the leveling content) and there is nothing that replaces it. Adding systems that complement the existing content only delays the inevitable.

I think they need to add something that makes all repeatable content better after you have run out of non-repeatable content.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrish View Post
    missed this phase due to work </3
    You missed all the fun! Hell japan forums exploded... 2chan has posted a good like 600+ images within the last 7 hours the beta has ended (took awhile to go through'em)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Overall, the beta was pretty positive despite some annoying bugs I ran into + animation oddities (sliding all day erryday + Celeras' circle test part deux). I'm still waiting for the next test where our characters are imported to assess the combat system better since low level is still a basic mindless regime of mashing (like pretty much every MMO ever made). Took me a while to get used to tab targeting again.. fucking Tera.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Other than it taking me literally 4 hours to get into the Level 15 Duty, this game is fucking awesome.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's in sore need of the upcoming dungeon finder. So many damn shouts about Ifrit or dungeons or whatever requesting certain roles. I had to drop MRD at 18 and level CNJ to 15 in order to complete the dungeons because nobody wanted a MRD for Sastasha (what they're calling Sposhae now).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RE: the level 15 storyline quest. From what I've read here and on the beta forums, it seems like people had trouble with that. I'm confused what they had trouble with, though. Apparently people have had trouble on each of the classes.

I've only done it on Pugilist, so I'm wondering if I was just lucky or people are making a big deal out of something that was easy. I engaged, used my abilities, avoided his as best I could, and used an antidote the one time I got poisoned. The only thing I can think of that I did that may have been slightly beyond common sense was to use an antidote when poisoned (which I only did because the NPC was all "haha poisoned", so I did it to spite him). Second Wind, maybe a potion.

Is there something that monster does to warrant the complaints that I was lucky enough to avoid, or is this a case of people not knowing how to play/not using up to date equipment/not paying attention?

Also: apparently I beat the rush to the instances, because there was no one else trying for them when I went. I had to wait a few hours for people to show up at the first dungeon so we could clear it, though. Has there been any comments about the instance congestion from the team or are we expecting the same sort of thing in the future?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I put in like 4 hours, and it was a damn decent game.

Fuck this shit though, I don't need another MMO addiction. Especially with PS4 around the corner.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    RE: the level 15 storyline quest. From what I've read here and on the beta forums, it seems like people had trouble with that. I'm confused what they had trouble with, though. Apparently people have had trouble on each of the classes.

I've only done it on Pugilist, so I'm wondering if I was just lucky or people are making a big deal out of something that was easy. I engaged, used my abilities, avoided his as best I could, and used an antidote the one time I got poisoned. The only thing I can think of that I did that may have been slightly beyond common sense was to use an antidote when poisoned (which I only did because the NPC was all "haha poisoned", so I did it to spite him). Second Wind, maybe a potion.

Is there something that monster does to warrant the complaints that I was lucky enough to avoid, or is this a case of people not knowing how to play/not using up to date equipment/not paying attention?

Also: apparently I beat the rush to the instances, because there was no one else trying for them when I went. I had to wait a few hours for people to show up at the first dungeon so we could clear it, though. Has there been any comments about the instance congestion from the team or are we expecting the same sort of thing in the future?
    The complaint was mostly of the poison which ticks for a good amount of HP, I think 30-40 per tick? You would of complained about it too, if you didn't know it did that and didn't go prepared
    I lvled CNJ way ahead for cures, so I compensated with 70-80HP cures through the poison myself ~

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    It's in sore need of the upcoming dungeon finder. So many damn shouts about Ifrit or dungeons or whatever requesting certain roles. I had to drop MRD at 18 and level CNJ to 15 in order to complete the dungeons because nobody wanted a MRD for Sastasha (what they're calling Sposhae now).

Dungeon finder is much needed yeah, it took me a good hour probably waiting in town near the NPC, to get a group. I could of probably healed it myself, it seems the GLA and RNG knew how to do the fight (I was on thm first time there), and when the CNJ got nuked, I had to main heal the last 25%.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post

While some people did find the quest difficult, most people I know of are complaining about the fact that the instance was bugged. I started as a MRD, and as the only class in the city, I didn't run into this congestion problem, but I heard second-hand that the issue was something like this: If too many people attempted to start the instance at the same time, everyone currently trying to enter would have their game freeze up. This begun the practice of making a giant line, so that everyone got their turn, etc. It took a friend of mine an hour just to attempt the quest, then he failed, had to wait another hour to attempt the quest, failed again, then waited another hour, then finally beat it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only got up to about level 12 on gladiator, but I definitely liked what I saw. The level 10 quest for it was a bit rough though. The lancer captain could one-shot the NPC with a single WS if you didn't peel him off in time. Took me a few tries, but I did manage to eke out a win.

I have to say it's come a long way, but still not sure if I'll be on board for the real thing. If I do, I may just restart since my 1.0 character didn't have much and never got anything past 28 or so.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

When it came to the lv15 quest, I had more trouble in the first fight than the second (To Guard a Guardian). I think one of the big things is that the game tells you to defeat the masked mage, who tears your shit apart if you attack him before you kill his summoned demon.

The other thing is the demon itself. It hits really weak despite looking big and imposing, but it has a Poison move that starts killing you quickly. The mage also mocks you during the fight telling you you're gonna die from the poison. Potions and antidotes also seem to be on the same 3 minute recast timer, they should probably have to differentiate between recast on restorative and status-removing meds. I also think that if one of the NPCs take the time to tell you to bring antidotes somewhere in the quest dialog, or better yet, just gives you one or two ("Dude, the Ixal just love using poisoned arrows, here, take these and be ready to use them"), there will be a lot less problems with this fight.

I got through the fight abusing the hell out of Fluid Aura on CNJ. It costs no MP, does respectable damage, and Binds the demon so you can Stone and Aero him down to your heart's content, or run away to apply a Cure. Overall the fight is basically the equivalent to the last rank 2 fight in FFXI. Its definitely a difficulty spike, but only truly difficult in testing the player to see if they've actually learned how the game works up til that point.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Potions and antidotes also seem to be on the same 3 minute recast timer, they should probably have to differentiate between recast on restorative and status-removing med
    Healing potions and antidotes are on different timers.

I was on MRD and I died the first time because I attacked the mage (I figured he'd aggro me too). Died within seconds since the gargoyle used the poison attack right away and the mage's spells are terrible. The second time the gargoyle didn't even use the poison, so I won with almost full HP.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ahh, some people on the beta forums were complaining that they were on the same timer or something.

I didn't even bring an antidote myself, lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Had a blast, did all dungeons that was part of the main story quests.

Also tried the controller, however it is ass and inferior to kb/m. Pretty much the equivalent to clicking in a mmo. Hopefully people don't use that shit when raiding, although the raids may be easy enough where you can click and still do okay.

Old Merits
    BG Level

At what point does TP actually become a resource? On my low level GLD12 I was regening more TP than I could really spend. At it's current regen rate, TP was effectively infinite. I'm thinking this was mostly easy low-level MMO stuff, just alternating 2 abilities because it was all I had, but looking at the future abilities there were still nothing that cost more than 100.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was damn impressed with what I saw.
    Managed to get GLA to 17, WHM to 12, and put cure/protect/raise on the GLA turning it into an XI-styled PLD heh.
    I like how every class can sustain itself solo for more than just the first 9 levels. I was able to kill stuff 3-4 levels above mine with a white mage using only stone/cure spells... then again it does require a bit of skill, knowing spacing and avoiding AoE damage etc. They seemed to put a lot more focus on avoiding damage by moving away this time around.
    They did a fantastic job overall, I found myself playing for hours on end doing random stuff and unable to put the controller down... much different than the 1.0 feel, which seemed half-assed and the complete opposite of what you would want from an FF world.

As far as glitches etc, the game froze my ps3 about 5 times total this weekend which is disappointing. Hopefully those issues get resolved.
    The system seemed to be handling Fates pretty decently though. Nothing like the crazy lag like I would have in the XI days on my PS2.

So is this phase over? Or do they plan on continuing it before phase 4 opens?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa View Post
    At what point does TP actually become a resource? On my low level GLD12 I was regening more TP than I could really spend. At it's current regen rate, TP is a non-resource. I'm thinking this was mostly easy low-level MMO stuff, just alternating 2 abilities because it was all I had, but looking at the future abilities there were still nothing that cost more than 100.
    There was a few times I ran out of tp on my glad. I think last boss of Copperbell and last boss of Gridania dungeon, pretty much fights with adds. Not sure what to do when you run out of tp.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Was i the only one. That remembered during the live letter. that translator said "don't forget your antidotes?"

The lvl 15 i was lucky enough to do before the majority of the server got on
    Me kyle Cj all pretty much did it at the same time. This is how it went on vent
    Kyle: "Man this thing is whipping my ass"
    Me : "Um what do you mean.. i've gotten him down to like 30%"
    CJ : "Has he used the poison attack on you?"
    Me: "Once but i used an antidote"
    CJ : "Hes used it 3 times on me"

we just assumed if he poisoned you more than once. (antidotes on a stupid long cd). Then you where pretty much fucked

And yes something needs to be added for repeatable quests i told kyle/cj "man they should add party hunting logs" If you form a "light party" go hunting for 30 kills of "x" monster. Get X amount of rewarded exp. And have these be true repeatables That way you can sit in an area appropriate of your level grind the mobs & fates that popped. When we got our shit together and went to Limsa as a cnj,gla,mrd we found an area that has fates popping every 3-4 minutes which was way better than what we found in Uld areas

I know it's probably been said, but can I ask someone to reiterate when the next time servers are coming up is? I got thrown into a ton of work and IRL and only got to put 1-2 hours in and really wanted to play more. Stupid life.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I think it was briefly mentioned a few pages ago, but you could see class/job requirements on every skill, and thus you could figure out which classes each job draws skills from:

PLD: CNJ + MRD
    MNK: GLA + LNC
    WAR: GLA + PGL
    DRG: ARC + MRD
    BRD: CNJ + LNC

BLM: ARC + ACN
    WHM: THM + ACN

Only PLD and WAR remain unchanged unless I remember wrong.