1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 163 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    The caster LBs are non-elemental according to the dat mining that was posted on your website
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...w2dno1_250.gif

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I've had people just use it whenever it was possible, like they had the limit break thing bound to every key on the keyboard or something (was some gladiator I had).

also, hakue whatever manor, when everyone was just high enough to enter, was probably the first instance that somewhat required a 2 bar limit break to survive it, or should I say, make it easy enough to do. Namely the THM limit break on the 4 adds. Letting those things live even for like 30 seconds was kind of bad because of the paralyze and Fire2 spam everywhere.
    It looks like I really need to redo all the dungeons through 35 because Haukke Manor in Phase 1 & 2 was a joke. Most of the PTs I joined did not even bother taking care of the adds on final boss. Just zerged it down ignoring lamps and adds. Was more fun (in my opinion) to also play according to the mechanics, but meh.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

yo i shit my pants and hit Starstorm when i saw adds

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Blood for Blood on MNK is 20%, isn't it? MNK gets Fists of Fire too for another +10%.

DRG gets Raging Strikes (20%), traited Blood for Blood (30%), Heavy Thurst (10%) for a total of 60%. I don't know if Life Surge can force a Limit Break to crit but that'd be pretty fucking hilarious. I imagine that'll decide whether DRG or MNK should be using the LBs.
    First thing I tried lol, didn't crit, can't remember if it healed me or not since I was just watching for the crit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    First thing I tried lol, didn't crit, can't remember if it healed me or not since I was just watching for the crit.
    RIP DRAGOON 2013-2013

Spoiler: show

In all seriousness, that's sad but I won't say it surprises me.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Since we're talking about Limit Breaks can I talk about how players casting Meteor is ruining my immersion

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Anyone know the approximate range on the various LBs?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

No idea about the single target one, as my pug was always deep within the enemy's asshole when I popped it.

I saw my tank use his when everyone was spread out and it hit everyone, so I'm going to assume its party-wide regardless of range.

My static partner (THM) used comet a few times and it seemed to hit every add, though most adds were close to her from using a bit of AOE to "gather" them. I cannot confirm the range on that one, though comet seemed to drop boss adds down to roughly 15% HP from full, so its mighty powerful for cleaning shit up and refocusing the fight on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    my pug was always deep within the enemy's asshole when I popped it.
    Yikes.

Were you at least fully lubed?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I can confirm that Tank and Healing ones do have a limited range. Out in the field screwing around with FATEs my party would pop limit breaks for shits and giggles and we decided to see if it would hit the whole zone. We weren't able to confirm the exact range but if I had to guess I would say its large enough to hit anyone in any boss room so that's what matters. Single target Limit Break is indeed typical melee range of 3y.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Datamined LBs lists 9000 potency for Final Heaven and 5400 for Meteor. 8/25 range for them but doesn't say AoE radius. For comparison's sake THM spells are 25 range and shit like LNC spearchuck or GLD Shield Lob is 15.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Would think meteor is AOE, it looks big enough to be one.

Also its damage is lowered most likely because it is aoe (and possibly can be boosted by umbral fire and between rank 2 and 3 umbral fire its +40% more damage, unsure what rank 1 adds but it does add something)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Would think meteor is AOE, it looks big enough to be one.

Also its damage is lowered most likely because it is aoe (and possibly can be boosted by umbral fire and between rank 2 and 3 umbral fire its +40% more damage, unsure what rank 1 adds but it does add something)
    Meteor is element-neutral, so Umbral Fire wouldn't have an effect.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Yikes.

Greased Lightning for a reason, baby. <3

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Yikes.

I thought this was funny when it was brought up, but now in the perfect context it is even better.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would really like to see LB be personal rather than by party(although still only usable while in party) and be skillchainable for added effect.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Not really sure why they didn't just make Limit Breakers for each individual job and make it so that your spell/ability uses charged your TP, just like most every other FF game. Combat stays the same and you get your meaningful use out of your TP bar, and you get rid of the goofy party Limit Break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    ya that party sharing thing is not going to work. I got yelled at in a dungeon for constantly using braver
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    You cant give us ff7 limit breaks and not expect them to be spammed. I can be reasoned with but what about all the sephiroth xx that will be in your party come launch?
    I've had people just use it whenever it was possible, like they had the limit break thing bound to every key on the keyboard or something (was some gladiator I had).
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    Would really like to see LB be personal rather than by party(although still only usable while in party) and be skillchainable for added effect.
    If only this kind of result could have been anticipated...

I'll say it again: "don't party with bads" is not a serious response in a game with content finder. Even people who know what they are doing will be in constant competition to use LB, in exactly the same way that people would be in competition to use their WS if TP was a shared resource in XI or 1.0. Once parsers come out for this game, you can expect this problem to become ten times worse.

Instead of one person using up everyone LB bar, everyone should have their own bar and they should be chainable to reach higher levels. That accomplishes two things:

1) you are de-incentivized from spamming L1 LB (because then you won't have it available for L2/L3 when someone else uses theirs)
    2) it rewards teamwork and planning for higher level LB usage, instead of penalizing the party for lack of said same

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

LBs are cool and all, but so far they're not make or break. Annoying as it might be, it's not going to kill you if someone uses it at the "wrong" time. I had a handful of cases where someone used it on accident, and even more cases where nobody thought to use it at all. Don't rely on it when using the Dungeon Finder; simple as that.

I'm pretty sure they're not balancing content around opportune LB usage, just like FFXI wasn't supposed to be balanced around people having their 2-hours available (though that could be called into question...).

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The problem is, is it is a powerful tool & with just the LB alone I can see a return of the lolDRG. If a Mnk can reliably parse as much or more than a Drg but can drop a much more powerful Limit Break, people are going to always just want a Mnk.

Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

Instead of one person using up everyone LB bar, everyone should have their own bar and they should be chainable to reach higher levels. That accomplishes two things:

1) you are de-incentivized from spamming L1 LB (because then you won't have it available for L2/L3 when someone else uses theirs)
    2) it rewards teamwork and planning for higher level LB usage, instead of penalizing the party for lack of said same
    Just makes the game more fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would really love to have individual LBs , they can have at least if your solo, u can do it individually but with some penalty, and in a group it goes for the full effect. or that Lv1 solo , LV2 group 4man, Lv3 8man+