FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Name a MMO that does it, because I'm playing a "brand new" MMO that, up until the summer of 2013, believed that invisible walls and not allowing jumping was in the best interest of players.

An mmo that does what? I am talking about animations, even FF14 had changes to animations some good and some bad from 1.0 to 2.0 release. I am really not sure what you are trying to discuss now lol.

edit: Im sorry, when I say movement in 3rd person environment I was talking about the actual character animation and how it looks from a third person camera. Nothing to do with walls or jumping etc. Meaning walking and running cycles etc.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

All the EQ fans that haven't given into the WoW infection will throw money at this, so its fine with me. I'll just keep my eyes on the development and look to see some "revolutionary" movement and object interaction.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Stupid question I know, but does anyone know when the actual game comes out?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Stupid question I know, but does anyone know when the actual game comes out?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    I also read something new: Landmark and Next are two completely different games? I heard (thought it was said in the presentation about both games) that one existed in the other. Like you could use Landmark to build shit in Next and even that people in the Landmark beta that built cool shit would have that stuff included in Next. Anyone know what is going on here?

Yes they are considering Landmark separate, it's all about building while I'm assuming Next will be campaign mode and all that jazz. Anyways, friend gave me beta access is anyone else playing?

Next is the MMO, Landmark is the building tool. They interact with each other when Next comes out in the sense that people that build things in Landmark can sell the templates they make in Landmark (IE: buildings, structures) to people playing Next for player-run towns and such.

I liked what I saw

classes

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

40 classes and the ability to play every one of them on one character is by far the best part for me.

Crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't follow the GW2 no trinity formula because i seriously hate group PVE in that game. Love everything else though.

EQN is stated to have the trinity, though it isn't going to be tank-dps-healer. I believe the idea is for it to be tank-control-healer with the assumption that everyone is supposed to pull their weight in damage. I'm tentatively excited for this game again!

edit: had time to watch some of the keynote, didn't realize the combat video was their way of showing their spin on traditional classes. Still not feeling the twitchy-pace combat or the generic lightshow for every action.

As far as the trinity goes, here's a rough idea somewhat confirmed by the devs:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comme...ol_vs_ai_bots/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    As far as the trinity goes, here's a rough idea somewhat confirmed by the devs:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comme...ol_vs_ai_bots/
    All of that seems like devspeak for everyone is going to be running around spamming shit and dodging shit like GW2. You still has a semi-trinity within that system as well but it wasn't fun for anything other than soloing and PVP.

The moment he mentioned MOBA's is the moment i threw up in my mouth a little. That genre is a cancer to online gaming. Until i get to see some group play videos or get to play myself, i'm assuming this will be the first GW2 clone.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not really surprising at this point, but new Daybreak president Russ Shanks finally came out today, and said the project was cancelled.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/news/d...uest-next-2016

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Confusingly Landmark is continuing to launch, but EQ Next is cancelled. But the whole point of Landmark was to make the world of EQ Next, so... what? Maybe they just feel obligated to continue Landmark because of all the time people have put into it.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Damnit...is there any decent PvE MMO coming out in the next year?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Could you imagine how pissed off people would be if they discontinued Landmark? Its be in the 100s!

Seriously though, I have no idea what the fuck Daybreak is doing. Planetside 2 support was gone from the word go and their plans to add in new continents went to Hossin and then '...'. The game quickly turned into Planetside 1 levels of 'Eh, new content?' a lot faster.

I wonder what will happen to Daybreak soon. I'd bet more layoffs are going to happen since their new parent company needs to make profit from Daybreak.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Damnit...is there any decent PvE MMO coming out in the next year?
    I think the MMO genre is dead.