+ Reply to Thread
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Rift: The "I'm back because it's free" thread.

Started playing this weekend. Pretty fun. Not much different than WoW, but it's a new world and I like the way events are integrated into everything and you can go into and out of a party instantly.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's still a half-decent game. Heads over other free-to-play MMOs. I don't like how new players are limited to a certain amount of bag space, but that's to be expected.

That being said, I don't like raiding. So while the game is good and the choices are there, I don't feel like grinding out any notoriety or gear just because. I have no use for raid tier gear as I don't raid anymore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Came back pretty much just for the PvP Anyone on Deepwood want to pvp hit me up on one of my chars:

Micro (level 60 Cleric) - Main
    Nerfvoidbolt (level 60 Mage)
    Mfw (level 53 Rogue)
    Brutessa (level 36 Warrior)

I also have a level 50-something warrior on the EU shards.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Been trying this out, excellent F2P model, but it does play a hell of alot like wow, cleric tanking reminds me so strongly of paladin tanking, it's crazy.

Swimming is identical, haven't done any endgame at all, been leveling multiple classes to find the one that suits me, but i recommend anyone that enjoyed wow, or hasn't played wow to try this out, as i said, excellent F2P model.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Might also want to add that the four classes will have access to all four roles when the new souls are available for purchase. Which means, Mage will get a full tanking soul, Warrior and Rogue will get a healing soul (Warrior raid healing, Rogue tank healing), and Cleric support soul.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I've always been interested in this game and the f2p model looked good so I jumped on.

Now I'm sure - this is how to do F2P. I've been playing this more than FF14 lately.

I'm excited about those new souls too. Mage tanking sounds fun.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I started up again the other day on the Oceanic server (Laethys?). Couldn't remember my old account info, and wanted to level again anyway. Had a mage and cleric back in the 50-cap days, so I'm leveling a Warrior now. Beastmaster seems pretty cool so far (lvl22). Is it considered a real support later on, or would I be better off focusing more on tank and dps builds?

I'd probably say it's more DPS with slight support elements. I think its ultimate shortcoming is that support souls from other classes with similar abilities will be more preferred if stepping into the raid environment. I'm also of the mind BM isn't a very good solo/leveling spec, but some people just love to have pets. Overall, if you do stick with Warrior, you'll probably be entering dungeons as such as DPS before getting into tanking, as entry level tank gear will require spending infinity stones or hoping for tank pieces from the RNG chronicle rewards. And in general, established guilds will probably want better geared tanks.

I don't really play much now as I dislike the game being dungeon/raid heavy with open world gear rewards essentially being third-rate, but my favored solo build is 61 Champ with some points in WL for 2H blocking and some other perks with Paragon taking up the third for the native crit rate ability. Use the top end Bearing ability, Recovery Posture, and basically AoE your way to victory. Paragon or Tempest seem to be more the go-to for raiding, though. Can probably find some build guides on the OF for those.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I decided to tell my warrior to fuck off. Made a Cleric, which hit 58 tonight. Healing is a lot of fun in this game, both as purifier and sentinel. Also started a Rogue that I would like to play as bard, but I get on and queue up one dungeon a day on that character, and it's been tank every time. It's fun to be able to set the pace for a dungeon by just pulling non-stop, but I really should uncheck the tank box so I get to play bard once or twice.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Play pryomancer. So good. <3

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

holy thread necro batman. Also i've been getting a lot of did you want to reset your password emails from trion. glad my account i no longer use is behind an authenticator.