+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Which is why i'm not upset, but rather: meh
    I guess I'll accept that you fucking party pooper. Geez.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    I guess I'll accept that you fucking party pooper. Geez.
    I won't accept him until he wears a fedora and scarf and posts a pic. Until then, fuck off negative nacy Kuya, while millions will be rejoicing in rainbows and dildos and w/e it is you young kiddo flamers are doing these days.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Now a sweeping decision that includes territories? Hell yea. I could have milked that puppy for years. Think of all the lols i could have had at the evangelicals' expense to see them cry themselves to sleep over their precious americans imposing gay marriage on them. That would have been sweet.

BG Level

Nothing makes me harder than watching pro-america faggots getting slapped down by the very engorged america cock they so dearly love.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

No one cares about PR but PRicans.

BG Level

W/e towelhead

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I only have half a towel.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kuya, the next time I have to go to San Juan, we have to at least have a drink together in celebration of this "meh" ruling. I should be going down there some time this fall.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    Kuya, the next time I have to go to San Juan, we have to at least have a drink together in celebration of this "meh" ruling. I should be going down there some time this fall.
    He'll make plans to meet up and then bail at the last minute.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

that's broven

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Nothing makes me harder than watching pro-america faggots getting slapped down by the very engorged america cock they so dearly love.
    not even big butts?

as a resident californian and gay here, i have to agree with kuya on this one. a "meh" decision. It's pretty much what I expected them to do, and while it's certainly a step forward, i feel like celebrating as much as i feel like celebrating the fact that a flying shark with lasers hasn't invaded my bedroom and fried me where i stand. Am I glad that said scenario hasn't happened? Well, certainly yes, but it's hardly something to feel excited about.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Man, there is some serious celebration hating in here. Small victories? Who needs 'em! Get everything or it's not good enough.

Screw that mess, I'm fucking partying.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm glad they didn't over-reach with their decision, I can't afford a wedding right now.

My boyfriend has been throwing around the word husband a lot though.............

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

tell dat nigga you wear the pants

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    I'm glad they didn't over-reach with their decision, I can't afford a wedding right now.

My boyfriend has been throwing around the word husband a lot though.............
    What's this shit? I was told all gay relationships are more loving and honest than straight relationships.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It has tactical value, but no immediate benefit for me without getting tricky. So again: meh
    Really? It has no immeddiate benefit to you, so it's not a big deal? Do you just not care about anyone other than yourself? And i guess you also can't look past right now to see that it could potentially benefit you later?

BG Level

/yawn

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Be happy about a mediocre decision that doesn't do much beside overrule a bigoted law, or we will call you a party pooper!

I will be way happier as states gradually normalize gay marriage, and the SC is forced to federalize the issue.

BG Level

I think skirkle already posted this before, but i am posting it in its entirety since it's so delicious:

WASHINGTON—Following two Supreme Court rulings today that allowed homosexuals in California to wed, extended federal benefits to same-sex married couples, but stopped short of calling gay marriage constitutional, the nation celebrated what is, technically speaking, progress, sources confirmed.

“Today this country took, well, you know, certainly not a bold step forward, or anything even close to a leap, but, if we’re really looking at particulars, a step nonetheless,” said Virginia resident Aaron Yelenick, who celebrated the nation’s admittedly somewhat underwhelming but inarguably forward-facing move outside the Supreme Court Building. “You certainly couldn’t call this a step backward. So, there you go. That’s something.”

“Anyway,” he added, “hooray.”

With shouts of “Land of the free, certainly more so than it was yesterday, at least!” and “We did it—if you look at the details here and ignore that it’s still disappointing that a high number of gay men and women still don’t have the same rights as straight citizens!” millions of Americans took to the streets to celebrate what is, in the end, a victory.

According to jubilant citizens across the country, no one can argue that the Supreme Court’s decision doesn’t fit into the very strict, dictionary definition of the word “progress,” insomuch as homosexuals were previously treated unfairly and, if one looks at it purely from an objective standpoint, will now be treated slightly less unfairly.

The U.S. populace went on to confirm that the country is, technically speaking, making advances in gay rights.

“Today, we as a nation got closer to something, so that is, by reasonable deduction, progress,” California resident and homosexual Lisa Gerard said. “I can now marry my girlfriend Erica, and Erica will be seen as my legal spouse under federal law. That improves my life greatly, so that totally counts as progress. Now, can my friend Peter who lives in Mississippi marry his longtime partner, David? No. Does the federal government recognize their union? No. Did nine people who are essentially supposed to be the most educated people in the United States basically say Peter and David are unequal to Erica and myself? They did.”

“Anyway,” she added, “let’s party!”

According to a CBS News/New York Times poll taken after the Supreme Court ruling, 34 percent of respondents said that increased rights for gay Americans couldn’t be called a non-victory; 42 percent noted that America is now a beacon of human rights, but not an extremely bright beacon, per se; and 10 percent said the ruling is a “very big deal,” if one is willing to scale back their idealism and expectations fivefold.

Nearly 95 percent of respondents said that, after looking at all the specifics, reading the judges’ majority opinions, thinking 10 to 15 years down the line, taking into consideration the overall trajectory of the country, understanding that everything takes time, and remembering that it is politically opportunistic for a majority of Congressmen to at least be seen as fair, what happened today moved the country forward.

“It certainly would have been great today to have found out that I now live in a country that isn’t so goddamn hypocritical and ass-fucking-backward when it comes to equality,” said homosexual Evan Benzio, causing those celebrating around him to momentarily stop cheering. “But whatever. Fuck it. I’ll take it.”
    At this point i hope everybody already knows where these kinds of articles come from, but just in case:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...ing-pro,32966/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast