Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Recently I've been making full Salvage+1 sets for my jobs for no really good reason, and while I had no issues with any 45s there have been a couple 25s (random boss drops from the pool of possible boss armors) that just don't want to drop for me. 1/100 seems like REALLY bad luck and perhaps exaggeration, but it's certainly possible to have the RNG turn against you on a purely random drop from a decent sized loot pool.

At any rate, the lack of other really great stuff to spend points on makes it tempting to at least get the purely random drops or annoying 35s if you have any interest in completing the armor. One note in particular is that there are still three 35s that are impossible to get truly solo: the ones for Marduk body, Skadi legs, Usu hands. Those drop only from the 5F Poroggo Madame in Zhayolm, which can ONLY be popped by arriving on 5F with 3 or more players all with 100% pathos removed. I've tried in just the past few weeks to confirm, it can't be done solo/duo. I ended up dragging a couple friends in one day to make 3 and got lucky and got the drops I needed, but it's a hassle if you don't have 3box or people who are willing to go in with you. If you have any interest in completing the sets, points are a big time help on those pieces.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The wosrt part is I was trying to get 3, 1 for each character I'm triboxing

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Deimos's CuDeimos's Gauntletsisses

best item ever

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dammit I want 45 pieces!

Don't we all.....
    Though I wouldn't be surprised if the login campain after the one after next... so... 3? from now?
    The one after the final Salvage set is done.
    They do the 45s.
    Kinda like how after 4 months of +1 slips they did +2 empyrean items.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BTW, just got the Cait Sith shield and..Anyone know what Cait Sith's Favor does?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

MDB+1

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...n/login17.html

Well the Gobbue trust isn't from the new seasonal event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligray View Post
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...n/login17.html

Well the Gobbue trust isn't from the new seasonal event.
    Yeah, that's the mandragora one. Babban, namely.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...n/login18.html

Probably going spend points on the random augmented jse cape bag besides getting Rughadjeen's cipher.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lol of course it can't be delivered /sigh. Would've so thrown all my mules at it. Damn though I want that cat on a hat

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

can you dbox auged mantles though? I know you can dbox em un-auged.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anything augmented can't be dboxed. I got so much stuff clogging up inventory that I've augmented but never use anymore, but can't bring myself to throw away at the slimmest chance SE may upgrade it in the future.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A 1 in 22 chance of getting the job you want and then good luck with a nice augment for 1,000 login points. This kind of sounds like torture.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I really dont see the point in not allowing us to send ciphers and items like the cait sith hat etc over pol if you could theres a chance ppl would activate mules to do so thus more $$ for SE but what do i know.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    A 1 in 22 chance of getting the job you want and then good luck with a nice augment for 1,000 login points. This kind of sounds like torture.
    better than a chance of the cape dropping from incursion and then the 1/22 chance for the job you want with a good augment

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    better than a chance of the cape dropping from incursion and then the 1/22 chance for the job you want with a good augment
    Atleast you CAN do Incursion over and over, and not hoard points for ~25 days, just to get nothing.

If there was a guarantee that the cape came out with an upper tier aug, you're still looking at a 1/5.5 chance of getting the cape you use.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unless you play multiple jobs that have good capes... either way why not both? It's not like the other log in point items are spectacular and nothing to stop you from doing incursion

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Atleast you CAN do Incursion over and over, and not hoard points for ~25 days, just to get nothing.

If there was a guarantee that the cape came out with an upper tier aug, you're still looking at a 1/5.5 chance of getting the cape you use.
    [EDIT: of course Dasva beat me to it saying the same thing ]
    You can still do Incursion over and over though, nothing is taken away from you. Login campaign is just a bonus and is better than nothing if you're not using points for something else. If you have a solid Incursion farming group, that's obviously gonna be more efficient.

I agree that I'd be WAY more excited if I could dbox the thing from mules, at least choose the job of the cape, or both... but I still have lots of jobs where I'd like a better cape. I'm more like 10/22 chance of getting a cape I'd potentially want. Still wish it was 100%, but nearly 50-50 odds isn't quite so bad when you look at it that way.

But yeah, I'd re-activate the Bonanza XI Savory Shank mules if I could get 4x shots at this lottery per mule. S-E doesn't want my extra $1/month that bad.