BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wonder if it's gonna stay 500 even in the future.
    Maybe now I'll finally be able to get a Dring.

3/70+ on Savory Shank from NQ Behemoth.
    0/12 on Defending Ring from King Behemoth.
    Sechs you know I <3 ya...but I just noticed your title on here is D. Ring...It is a sign! Do not hate me for mentioning it if no one else has. (Have not read this post from others, so someone might have already, sorry if it has been mentioned). <3 Sechs! Oh, btw I got Chen a D. Ring a few weeks back but do not hate me. I will help you get one if you want! <3

Btw I went like 1/25 for Dring on Cyl, and about that on Chen too.. hate that drop rate.

Campaign
    BG Level

I don't see how you could help me with Chen or your main lol
    Other than selling me underpriced Shanks.
    Well you can help me getting Shanks from my one and only mule! :D :D

3/72 since yesterday btw. Gotta love how Stab brags "Meh, I get a Savory roughly every 4 or 5 NQ Behe" -.-

Didn't notice the title thing btw, it's ironic lol
    BG forum software trolling me as well ;_;

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah Sechs, I thought ironic too. I can help you get some shanks my dear buddy. And of course getting them off mules too! So if he gets them that much he has D rings for all his char? Tell him to start going with you when you pop.

Campaign
    BG Level

Think he has Dring on main and 1 of his mules. He was trying to get it for his second mule as well a few weeks ago, dunno if he succeeded already.
    And yeah, I should ask him to come with me. My TH clearly doesn't work lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

No Excalipoor? D:

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I think it for the sword event

Bye-Bye, Taisai
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cyleena View Post
    Btw I went like 1/25 for Dring on Cyl, and about that on Chen too.. hate that drop rate.
    Such a wonky droprate. When I got mine it was the third Dring I saw in a row with only 4 KB kills under my belt (First three back in HNM days). Got one for a mule about 11 KBs later. For my last mule, I stopped counting after 50 KBs and no drop. Finally got it somewhere between the 55~65 KB range. I could have totally had another relic instead of stacking my mules with Drings.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
    Such a wonky droprate. When I got mine it was the third Dring I saw in a row with only 4 KB kills under my belt (First three back in HNM days). Got one for a mule about 11 KBs later. For my last mule, I stopped counting after 50 KBs and no drop. Finally got it somewhere between the 55~65 KB range. I could have totally had another relic instead of stacking my mules with Drings.
    The drop rate is very wonky. I know a couple of people that went 1/1 with it but others like me and Sechs that have no luck with it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well that's not "wonky", that's just called randomness. The actual drop rate is ~1/20, so it's roughly equally likely to go 1/1 as it is to go 1/58.

Campaign
    BG Level

Atm I'm more whining on the drop rate of Savory Shank (as mentioned, I'm 3/72 atm) than the droprate on Dring (I popped "only" 12 of them)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, that is very unlucky (~0.35% chance of getting that many Savory Shanks or fewer, assuming a THF was at all of them), it's not outside the realm of possibility. It's about equivalent to rolling a 3 or lower on an item you want, and I know I've done that several times in my FFXI career.

Campaign
    BG Level

Part of those 72 kills (around 20 I'd say) have been done with TH3-4, no THF. All the others have been done with THF with at least TH9 on, usually more like TH11. Altough lolplaceboth etc. I levelled THF on purpose to kill Behemoth (I use it for no other purpose). The number of kills is actually higher than 72 but I wasn't keeping track back then so I'm not considering those kills.

Yeah it's completely possible, but it makes my blood boil to see friends "bragging" about getting a shank every 3-5 kills without even bothering with TH (and the thing is, I'm confident they're telling the truth lol)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm 0/34 on KB myself

and I'm 0/27 on Furious Amundmite for Cloaks, despite its 16% drop rate.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Part of those 72 kills (around 20 I'd say) have been done with TH3-4, no THF. All the others have been done with THF with at least TH9 on, usually more like TH11. Altough lolplaceboth etc. I levelled THF on purpose to kill Behemoth (I use it for no other purpose). The number of kills is actually higher than 72 but I wasn't keeping track back then so I'm not considering those kills.

Yeah it's completely possible, but it makes my blood boil to see friends "bragging" about getting a shank every 3-5 kills without even bothering with TH (and the thing is, I'm confident they're telling the truth lol)
    Without even bothering with thf I do not necessarily believe unless you talking about building thf on it. I think Stab came on thf (if you talking about him, which I think you are) but just did not worry about building thf procs on it much. I bet he still had thf gear on etc, and knowing him he was on main thf. Probably why such good drop rates but to be honest I always am on thf and try to build it thf 10+ sometimes only thf 9 but I have not had drop rates that good, so idk. Drops are very random.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'm 0/34 on KB myself

and I'm 0/27 on Furious Amundmite for Cloaks, despite its 16% drop rate.
    Wow that is bad luck on cloak. We have gone there before and got it on first drop on rare occasion though. We have noticed though sometimes it drops a lot and sometimes not so much. I have seen like 5-6 cloaks in about a 2 hour period, but then sometimes only 1-2. The Highwing helm drop rate is horrible too. We have been there for like 2 hours straight if not more and only seen 1 helm if that. We normally have a thf or two out killing for pi too so have a steady flow of pi to keep on popping non stop if we can during that period. Then we have another thf on the NM proccing thf on it for the drops.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I once took me over 150 kills to upgrade an abyssite to colorful. rng can suck sometimes

Campaign
    BG Level

Wanna talk about my 0/2000+ Qilin for Coruscanti? :D :D

Btw just noticed they removed Goblin Stew 800 from the 500 points category, gdi, friend who just got back in game needed that >___>

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm glad they kept the Savory Shank for 3k.
    I'm currently 0/47.
    Here's hope I can finally get that damned ring this month!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh shit son I just realized excalipoors aren't rare tagged... dual wield!