+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    I thought she got sucked in by the darkness or whatever
    At the end of the Mayoi story block, she talked with Araragi about who Ougi was. So she's in his shadow again.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Next season spoilers

Spoiler: show
    Kaiki is NOT dead. He was saved from near death by someone important that has not been revealed. He had his teeth knocked out, now he uses dentures. He is in Hanamonogatari, which is the next anime adaption.

Also to note but not spoiler status: Hanamonogatari is next. It's one of the last chronological entries in the series. Its events take place after several books that will be animated in future seasons. It's not the last overall, though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hanamonogatari

Since this is a a part of second season, going with this thread.

Anyhow another amazing episode and focusing on best girl.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

For someone who's never watched but is aware this is part of a series of different shows, which seasons/shows should I watch and in what order?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I would just watch the broadcast order.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

To be less convoluted:

Bake (there's 15 episodes, not 12) -> Nise -> Neko black -> Second Season -> Hana (airing now)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seconding what Elcura and Kerberoz said.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hana is out. Delicious Miyuki Sawashiro is delicious.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I just finished Bakemonogatari and it was like an orgasm for my eyes. The imagery was even more excessive than I would have expected given studio Shaft. The Tsubasa Cat arc and episode 12 specifically were nuts.

Also started Nisemonogatari and it seems there's more.. fanservice than Bakemono. I keep hearing about a toothbrush scene, and I'm sure I'll know it when I get to it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I just finished Bakemonogatari and it was like an orgasm for my eyes. The imagery was even more excessive than I would have expected given studio Shaft. The Tsubasa Cat arc and episode 12 specifically were nuts.

Also started Nisemonogatari and it seems there's more.. fanservice than Bakemono. I keep hearing about a toothbrush scene, and I'm sure I'll know it when I get to it.
    The visual quality of the show never drops, but Nise is basically a fanservice story wrapped around one of the best-written villains anime has ever seen.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The visual quality of the show never drops, but Nise is basically a fanservice story wrapped around one of the best-written villains anime has ever seen.
    Are you talking about Kaiki? I'm assuming something else happens with him, because after a 7 episode arc he just walks away after Koyomi and Hitagi confront him. Which was kind of a strange let down.

Also, I just finished episode 8 and I really don't know what to think anymore. Refresher:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Are you talking about Kaiki? I'm assuming something else happens with him, because after a 7 episode arc he just walks away after Koyomi and Hitagi confront him. Which was kind of a strange let down.
    KEEP WATCHING :D

Kaiki also shows up later on and yeah, he's definitely one of the most interesting characters in the series. Hawaiian shirts and all.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also, I just finished episode 8 and I really don't know what to think anymore. Refresher:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I could probably gush about how great Kaiki is for hours, but he's the rare type of villain that gets heroes to acknowledge that what they do is not driven by necessarily moral abstractions like justice and doing what's right, but because acts of retribution are commodities just like anything else, he's just the only guy in the room with the sense to make any money off it. The voice acting and sound design when he starts talking brings this all crashing down in a very atmospheric way, too. It's damn cool is what it is.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I could probably gush about how great Kaiki is for hours, but he's the rare type of villain that gets heroes to acknowledge that what they do is not driven by necessarily moral abstractions like justice and doing what's right, but because acts of retribution are commodities just like anything else, he's just the only guy in the room with the sense to make any money off it. The voice acting and sound design when he starts talking brings this all crashing down in a very atmospheric way, too. It's damn cool is what it is.
    I rewatched the scene and kind of take back what I originally said.

I'll admit that the whole fake thing was a bit over my head at first, but it started to fall into place after rewatching certain scenes. For example, why the fire sisters are fake, but Hitagi is more real despite her intentions being more selfish.

The background music fit really well. When Kaiki starts talking about his past with Hitagi and it launches into his theme, it gave off this creepy, uneasy vibe. How it ended makes a lot more sense now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Finished Nisemonogatari. After episode 10, I was wondering how they were going to wrap everything up in one episode, but they did a really good job with it. I guess it helped that Tsukihi's arc didn't really involve her at all. I think Karen got more screentime during the Phoenix arc than Tsukihi did.

Shinobu is fucking awesome. Hearing her voice is like sex in my ears. I love how she uses archaic Japanese. Now I know why the internet has such a hardon for her.

Kaiki was also awesome, though maybe not Shinobu tier. I was hype with his cameo in Mr. Donut. I'll stop bumping this thread now.

Now I know why the internet has such a hardon for her.
    It's because she looks 10, probably. I mean sure she's awesome, but she also gets naked too.

Anyway, 2nd episode of Hana is out as someone said, but i've only found 1 group subbing it so far.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wait, there's more Hanamonogatari? More normal episodes after the 2h thing they gave us?