+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Japanese or NA?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon
    I saw an NA player posing to be Japanese by using Windower which allows any person to write Japanese Language.

I then realized that I've seen some mean players who I thought were Japanese because they were using Japanese Language and creating those ASCII faces, pictures or whatever you want to call them at the same time using inappropriate language in English.

In my opinion this can be deceiving and can give people the wrong idea.

This has changed my point of view that was not something I could see right away but something I realized later when I learned that people were using Windower.

Any one have any comments on this?

Copied the definition from Windower website.
    Windower: is a 3rd party program for Final Fantasy XI that offers many positive enhancements to the game. It began as a simple program to allow the game to run in windowed mode and has evolved into a full game enhancer.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Japanese-or-NA

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I just tried to clean up the garbage posts. Hence why I left some of his posts that had actual content in them. Not all the posts were shit. Just the majority of them.
    But purely out of curiosity, as I missed the drama, was the main reason for him being banned because of the racist shit? (genuinely I would love to hear his justification) or purely troll>sock?

Good Riddance either way, and I do not want to argue about anything, it's just that I feel real strongly about racism I am just really curious to know how everything panned out.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It was a temp, then he created socks to keep arguing i think.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    It was a temp, then he created socks to keep arguing i think.
    Twas the reason.

On the racism thing, after people told him to stop using jap, he claimed to not see how it's a racist term, because calling people mex or can isn't offensive.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I apparently got a couple really umad tells while I was afk that day

[13:29:49]Karah>> i would appreciate it if you changed your post, i DID in fact, say i was afk, and they entered anyway
    [13:30:30]Karah>> I'd post the logger to show it, but brill banned me~
    [13:33:41]Karah>> [16:55:37](Karah) i said afk you went in anyway~
    [13:34:48]Karah>> [16:37:48](Karah) brb since people still arent here, 15ish
    [14:06:56]Karah>> well, I guess you have no interest in posting honestly, unless you're legitimately afk now, but, totally uncool

<Nynja> and karah is REALLY upset that I called him on his afk lol
    <LSmemberWhoWasThere> even when he wasnt [afk], rarely had songs
    <LSmemberWhoWasThere> on raptor mind you

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    But purely out of curiosity, as I missed the drama, was the main reason for him being banned because of the racist shit? (genuinely I would love to hear his justification) or purely troll>sock?

Good Riddance either way, and I do not want to argue about anything, it's just that I feel real strongly about racism I am just really curious to know how everything panned out.
    He got put on time out for trolling/shit posting. Dude then immediately made a sock account to circumvent the time out which results in a perma ban of the main and any sock accounts. He keeps posting thinking it's going to change. The same mods are here every day. He may get one or two posts in before getting banned and we remove his posts. So his hope of a dick riding thread end up in the forum of dead threads sub-forum.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This belongs in random fail, lol

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

At least Feiwong was entertaining. Just keep reporting the socks and we'll ban and clean up the mess.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Totally out of left field but do you still play FFXI brill? I remember seeing Brillweave running around but that was a while ago I think

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quit for good last month. All of the BG spam crew left so there wasn't much reason left to play. Popped on and wandered around a bit on my own. Got bored and cancelled.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quit for good last month. All of the BG spam crew left so there wasn't much reason left to play. Popped on and wandered around a bit on my own. Got bored and cancelled.
    Should've sent me a tell you surly bitch. The fact that I play when you don't shouldn't have stopped you.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Should've sent me a tell you surly bitch. The fact that I play when you don't shouldn't have stopped you.
    I looked for all three of you guys a couple of times and nobody was logged on. It made me sad.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I looked for all three of you guys a couple of times and nobody was logged on. It made me sad.
    Salya and Jom are on practically every day (although Salya less so lately, as she's working on some projects around the house), and I'm usually on during my breaks at work, and after work, per the usual. I am the hotness in my sweet, sweet plasm gear, but I'm also a gimp because I don't have Oatixur yet. Also, did you ever friend me? If not, I'll never forgive you.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I did but I won't be subscribing again. I'm pretty sure I'm done with XI for good at this point. But it was fun to run around again for a while.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quiter. I'm honestly in the same boat, so don't feel bad. XIV seems much more enjoyable for my current life situation

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    What in god's name is he worried about? People trying to initiate a race war by posing as Japanese players? Of all the things to complain about in regards to the windower, I never thought someone would pick this.

Honestly, if a GM ever approached me due to my use of 3rd-party tools, referring to characters I should not be able to use with my client, I'd probably say goodbye in my linkshell and tell the GM that they can just perma-ban me, as I would not cease using the windower. It's thanks to the Japanese language input that I was able to make quite a few good friends, without the windower they'd pretty much go poof and that would be the end of it.

When I started playing, the multicultural aspect was one of the things that interested me about the game. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that Squaresoft themselves didn't just ignore the language barrier, but actually fortified it by not even providing players capable of speaking Japanese with the means to do so. I understand that this issue was cost-related, but if the result is that players that seek to circumvent this issue wind up being banned for this very reason, then that just doesn't feel right. It's against the ToS, but seeing how one of the initial aspects of interest wound up being the very thing that split the playerbase in half, it would be nice if SE actually addressed this issue.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Your friends leaving you because they cannot bother with romaji is just as ridiculous as SE banning for windower's JP IME lol.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, that thread didn't last very long.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Your friends leaving you because they cannot bother with romaji is just as ridiculous as SE banning for windower's JP IME lol.
    I don't recall saying that they would leave me, not to mention that Romaji are a downright terrible way to communicate using Japanese language.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast