1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    What is everyone's ping to the servers? My work computer average is 116ms, which is nothing (like 1/10th of a second?).
    Dallas, TX
    Sample size: 40 pings
    Range: 56~91ms

70% of the pings were 57~59ms

While I have experienced the issue in question, it's not frequent or bad enough to warrant complaints directly from me. That said, I would love some official information regarding the problem. As was mentioned in a different thread, the problem seems to be the way the server handles movement, and having a shitty ping tends to exaggerate the problem.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

No idea what my ping is, But i attempted ifrit again today. And i had trouble avoiding his eruption explosions, but had no trouble during the post 50% red fire pits explosions. the first part on the ground is simply too big and or too hard to pinpoint where the safe area is. [ie bigger sideways than north/south]
    Im on couerl server and was using DF. this is like the 10th time doing this fight, and i hate his eruptions, but the big red holes are never a problem

The location itself is as much of the problem as anything. I actually went through line by line to find and block bad routing to Montreal, the kind of thing that the internet usually does for you for non-shitty places that host servers like LA, Dallas, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. I haven't had as much of a problem as I probably should, but I did prior to doing this. I actually get a equal or better ping to the JP server.

The main issue I have is how inconsistent it is right now. I tend to move as soon as I see trouble and for the most part it's just a matter of covering enough ground (there isn't enough time to allow for hesitation). The only issue I have is with plumes since you can't seem to cover the distance in time from the middle of the plume to outside of it.

Dunno how I feel about this yet, been doing Ifrit and the goblin Guildhest a lot to get a feel for it, but the only thing I can say is that it's very inconsistent for me. They should probably increase the time needed to perform enemy WS and just increase the damage so the risk for lingering is major damage.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Did the bomb test~
    Testing "waiting for the entire red circle to appear before moving" test
    Testing around 9:30PM JP time, 7:30am NA time

Test location Texas, North America

------------------JP server Test
    Bahamut JP server IP 124.150.157.34 (Tokyo, Japan)
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/jpbomb.gif
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/bahamut_jp.jpg

------------------NA server Test
    Excalibur NA server IP 199.91.189.41 (Canada, Quebec, Montreal)
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/nabomb.gif
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/excalibur_na.jpg

No lag noticeable between the two, unless I wait till the "bomb toss" bar is at like 75% full, then I still get hit, doesn't matter if its JA or JP.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im playing from Ireland on the Legacy JP Durandal server and i swear to god this shit is worse than 1.0! Nothing but trouble dodging the Ifrit AOEs despite being 10+ foot out of the circle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Gulk i want you to test something if you dont mind on same mob try to move once the Casting Reach 70-75% and see if you get hit

damn your ping so boss i have 220 to NA server and 400+ to jp lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The lag problem is ridiculous for those of us in EU. I've got like a 1.2s ping minimum.

Eruption is a 2.5s cast so that gives me 1.3 seconds to see it and run off the crack. It takes that long just to run the length of the crack.

So even if I run as soon as I see it I still get hit most of the time.

Getting to the point where I will have to predict when he will make a move and start running before he casts anything. Then if the eruption isn't on me I'm running for no reason.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Gulk i want you to test something if you dont mind on same mob try to move once the Casting Reach 70-75% and see if you get hit

damn your ping so boss i have 220 to NA server and 400+ to jp lol
    mentioned in my note, if I wait till the bar is near 70-75% hit, I get hit, doesn't matter if its NA or JP!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ok thanks boss!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaladin Stormblessed
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing getting hit by AoE effects even though I am clearly out of the bad area. However, I dearly hope it gets fixed because larger circles can be a nightmare.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The Duty Finder (Ifrit Battle) Test

Duty Finder JP server IP 124.150.157.34 (Tokyo, Japan) (same as bahamut server apparently!) (only a few MS off, test done at 7:40PM NA / 9:40am JP time)
    I made the gif a little bigger but its about 1 second or so before the aoe, and a few seconds after. I waited until the circle fully appeared to move

(made it big enough to see my HP+ifrit cast bar, it goes to about 50% waiting for the full circle)
    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12nya/ifrittest.gif

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Got to be your connection gulkeeva, If i was to wait that long and run that direction, there was no way im not getting hit.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    Got to be your connection gulkeeva, If i was to wait that long and run that direction, there was no way im not getting hit.
    Its around 200MS to the duty finder server. Its still halfway around the world from me so... ┓(´_`)┏

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm hoping Duty Finder server being in Japan is just a beta thing cause if it stays the same for retail.. I don't even...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Yoshida you're going to lose Europe on not having European servers actually being in Europe, No way european MMO players being used to low latency from other MMOs will accept having servers in canada. I wonder what they're smoking over there not having servers in Europe. Do they realize WoW has more servers in Europe than the states?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Speak for yourself. I have zero issues living in the UK with the lowest possible quality internet with my provider on either NA or EU servers. However no EU servers in Europe does seem a little silly.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

So your lucky and have good routing to the servers, good for you. Too bad Europe is a little bit bigger than just the UK.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur