1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good video on YouTube comparing FFXI to FFXIV.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The guys general understanding of the lore/world is pretty off :-/

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

that ifrit stuff, seems like USA servers, which seems lagged much more than the JP servers, didn't have that big of a "issue" on JP servers doing ifrit and stuff.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    that ifrit stuff, seems like USA servers, which seems lagged much more than the JP servers, didn't have that big of a "issue" on JP servers doing ifrit and stuff.
    US lag on the ifrit fight made me want to find a rocl and stab him repeatedly. He'd survive, oh he'd survive.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Playing from England on US/EU servers was very noticeable but not nearly that bad. Still way too unforgiving and definitely needs some fixes down the line. If endgame content is as hard as it should be it will be a gamebreaker.

Vuitton

I experimented with the goblin bomb toss last night. It only happened if I ran out of the circle as the very last possible second. Otherwise, if I ran out of the circle when it showed up or shortly after I was fine. To me it's just a personal lag issue being confused for something else. Turn of your torrents.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

10 ping on random UK servers, 120 average on SE's Montreal (where both NA/EU are hosted) servers (184.107.107.176 for the curious). Totally a personal problem.

Vuitton

Well, it's a problem that is only affecting a select portion of players then. My ping is amazing, but I guess that's because I live in Seattle and the servers are in LA (or somewhere in Cali). Anyway, my point is that it's not a blanket problem affecting every player.

?

Server's aren't in LA. If they weren't lazy and placed servers in LA and Germany this wouldn't be an issue for anyone but Oceanics (but still they'd have less issues because LA and Germany are 100x less shitty than Montreal). Oceanics could play on JP servers, but that's retarded.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah this "select portion" is a fucking massive part of SEs player base. If endgame content requires you to be able to consistently dodge everything (and it will be a joke if it doesn't) then this is a huge problem. As is, some players have to get out of circles before the cast bar is even halfway, which is a huge problem when talking about stuff like Ifrit's Eruption.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, it's not a global problem. I'm even playing on a Japanese legacy server right now and I had zero problems avoiding Eruption. Same goes for any other mob AoE (Bomb Toss is pretty fast though). Sometimes I still get hit when I should have barely made it out of the ring, but it's only by an amount I can comfortable chalk up to lag or my lack of reacting fast enough (I still need to finalize my movement/camera controls).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Someone hit on this in an earlier post and I have noticed the same thing, you have literally a couple seconds to move out of the circle to dodge it 100%. Reacting slowly means you will still get hit even if you manage to make it out of the circle, not so much of an issue leveling up. But like someone said if this is their main utility behind making end-game encounters difficult and introduce them with one-shot mechanics, they need to do something about it. I have never had issues with it personally, as an ex wow raider and rift, I react instantaneously but people that are not seasoned raiders will have issues. I had a fantastic Ifrit run earlier, by fantastic I mean ended up duo'ing the last 30%.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yeah this "select portion" is a fucking massive part of SEs player base. If endgame content requires you to be able to consistently dodge everything (and it will be a joke if it doesn't) then this is a huge problem. As is, some players have to get out of circles before the cast bar is even halfway, which is a huge problem when talking about stuff like Ifrit's Eruption.
    Well a lot of stuff you can just stand in it, if your healers sort of paying attention it won't kill you usually, as most thigns from 1->35 don't 1 shot... usually, only things I've seen that 1 shot are about... ifirits massive aoe if ya fail to dps that 1 thing down, and the bombs usually from various other fights.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, it's no big deal now obviously but if endgame content is hard missing a dodge as a WHM could be disastrous. At that point it will become a big problem. I've already been killed by a Self Destruct I was a mile from because of it. It's 2013 this shit is unacceptable. It's great if it doesn't effect you but this isn't something people should be downplaying.

Vuitton

What is everyone's ping to the servers? My work computer average is 116ms, which is nothing (like 1/10th of a second?).

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yeah, it's no big deal now obviously but if endgame content is hard missing a dodge as a WHM could be disastrous. At that point it will become a big problem. I've already been killed by a Self Destruct I was a mile from because of it. It's 2013 this shit is unacceptable. It's great if it doesn't effect you but this isn't something people should be downplaying.
    Considering raise can't be used in battle anymore than I would assume it will be worse than before; however, I believe at this point it is just minor latency issues. I was killed by eruption the other day, but I had barely made it out of the circle when I was hit. None of my other friends seem to be complaining about it being from NA.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Considering raise can't be used in battle anymore than I would assume it will be worse than before
    Not sure what this has to do with anything, but CNJ lv28 trait allows you to use it in battle.

Upon second read, it seems like you might've been referring to the ability for other people in the battle being able to raise the CNJ/WHM, so nvm.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Not sure what this has to do with anything, but CNJ lv28 trait allows you to use it in battle.

Upon second read, it seems like you might've been referring to the ability for other people in the battle being able to raise the CNJ/WHM, so nvm.
    Ah didn't realize that. I only played my CNJ up to level 20 dungeons and didn't touch it after that.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    What is everyone's ping to the servers? My work computer average is 116ms, which is nothing (like 1/10th of a second?).
    30-50ms to USA, 120-150 to JP

but it feels noticeably laggier to the NA server than the JP server (can tell by using sprint, call chocobo etc)