+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

in that regard, they're not behind ,because nolanverse bats is not tying into these movies.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

which is why they're behind. Having to reboot a character again after a three movie run is rough. At least they won't be doing ANOTHER fucking origin movie.

I feel for em. They crashed and burned on Green Lantern. That won't be easy to bring back. Maybe if they do John Stewart for Justice League.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Has anyone else ready the Batman/Superman Asylum script from the early 2000's? I thought it was pretty solid. Took some liberties but was a fun read nevertheless. I actually think it would be a solid movie with some scrubbing of some of the downtime. If you're bored/interested you can find a copy here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=47604

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Has anyone else ready the Batman/Superman Asylum script from the early 2000's? I thought it was pretty solid. Took some liberties but was a fun read nevertheless. I actually think it would be a solid movie with some scrubbing of some of the downtime. If you're bored/interested you can find a copy here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=47604
    I skimmed over it and it's pretty good but the biggest problem I see with it and with what Snyder is doing that the continuity is not there. Like people said, Superman gonna go from wrecking the planet to fighting Batman? It just seems like a hell of a downgrade. If Marvel makes a Iron Man vs Hulk movie people will go see it and it will be successful because people know the heroes, they know their story, background, who they are. Making a Superman vs Batman movie without establishing their relationship 1st with a Batman/Superman movie is just plain dumb. Snyder barely fit any character development in Man of Steel and do you honestly think he can pull this off? A good Superman vs Batman movie is dependent on a strong and well defined relationship between Bruce and Clark as friends 1st so that their conflict is consequently very dramatic. I have 0 hopes for that.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You'll get the comic book crowd for this anyway, even with the odds of this being lame basically guaranteed. People WANT to believe.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I skimmed over it and it's pretty good but the biggest problem I see with it and with what Snyder is doing that the continuity is not there. Like people said, Superman gonna go from wrecking the planet to fighting Batman? It just seems like a hell of a downgrade. If Marvel makes a Iron Man vs Hulk movie people will go see it and it will be successful because people know the heroes, they know their story, background, who they are. Making a Superman vs Batman movie without establishing their relationship 1st with a Batman/Superman movie is just plain dumb. Snyder barely fit any character development in Man of Steel and do you honestly think he can pull this off? A good Superman vs Batman movie is dependent on a strong and well defined relationship between Bruce and Clark as friends 1st so that their conflict is consequently very dramatic. I have 0 hopes for that.
    Ya that's why it never got made to begin with for sure. Studios dont like to take those kind of risks other than Marvel Studios it seems right now. Or would rather attempt to build a huge universe and copy what Marvel has done. Although I do think it's kind of silly, there are lots of movies out there that don't have elaborate background movies explaining everything and don't have near the following with a general idea of who they are as Superman/Batman. They are arguably 2 of the most know fictional characters in the world. And I'd rather them make a good movie assuming you don't need to know everything about their origin than a bunch of crap origin stories told for the 5th time to establish continuity.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Is it really going to be that much of a versus movie though? I imagine there'll be like one fight between the two where Superman flies at Batman, Batman pulls out a chunk of Kryptonite, Superman crashes into a building, struggles to get up, and then the movie follows, more or less, with the World's Finest episode of the old animated series (can't believe I just called that series old..). That said though, another problem with the timing of this movie in terms of the universe, they haven't established that Superman is weak to Kryptonite yet, have they?

I think the bigger issue with Snyder's Superman is not the question of how Batman scales up to him, but how do other characters scale up to him. Batman has always been able to match up to super-powered heroes and villains, even though he's just a normal person, because of his brilliance. He can strategize and plan, and set things up so he has the advantage. Not everyone can be as smart as Batman though. It seems, this DC universe is quickly disposing of the characters who can stand on equal footing with Superman. They got rid of Zod in the first film, Luthor's the villain of this film, and Darkseid is the villain in the Justice League movie. Where do you go from there?

So far, almost everything that has come out about this movie and Justice League has made it seem that DC is just trying to catch up to the same playing field as the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But, Marvel took the time to establish their characters and universe and that's why it works. Just look at Thanos -- a lot of people were expecting him to be the villain in Avengers 2, but they needed more time to establish a universe around him, so instead he's the villain in 3. Darkseid needs to be established like that, not just thrown in because DC thinks that's the best way to get to the same level as Marvel..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I agree, they've basically redone Superman. Man of Steel wasn't really Superman he was just a guy that has many of the same abilities and destroys a bunch of shit and kills a guy. Most/all of which Superman would avoid doing if possible and he wasn't big on the killing ever(alternate universes shit, stop it). Don't get me wrong I actually enjoyed Man of Steel but I think they lost the moral compass on who Superman is which ruins his potential to be that going forward in the universe they are trying to create. It's going to be hard for Superman man to take any moral high ground in anything else now without the badguy or even Batman going "eh but you did kill that one guy remember?". Nevertheless, I guess we shall wait and see what they end up doing and I'll probably check it out opening weekend after Capt3.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I saw this thing on yahoo:

Zack Snyder took a lot of flack for depicting mass deaths and the destruction of Metropolis in last summer’s “Man of Steel.”

As he gears up to shoot the pic’s sequel, the still-untitled “Batman-Superman” movie, the director told Forbes that he’s merely depicting the “real world we live in.” Snyder said that fans are clinging to the more squeaky-clean Superman as depicted by Christopher Reeve in the iconic movies, instead of the comic book version of Superman, who wreaked massive damage.

“The thing I was surprised about in response to Superman was how everyone clings to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman,” he told Forbes. “How tightly they cling to those ideas, not really the comic book version, but more the movie version. … If you really analyze the comic book version of Superman, he’s killed, he’s done all the things. I guess the rules that people associate with Superman in the movie world are not the rules that really apply to him in the comic book world because those rules are different. He’s done all the things and more that we’ve shown him doing, right?”

Like in “Watchmen,” which he directed in 2009, Snyder said he wanted to depict the true nature of violence rather than the sanitized, unrealistic version.

“It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally … because I made (Superman) real, you know, I made him feel or made consequences (in) the world,” he said. “I felt like, it was the same thing in ‘Watchmen.’ We really wanted to show it wasn’t just like they thought, like the PG-13 version where everyone just gets up and they’re fine. I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt and it’s not fun or funny.”

“Batman-Superman” will face off against “Captain America 3” in theaters on May 6, 2016. The movie stars Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons and Holly Hunter.
    So my question to the comic book nerds: is that true? I know Batman doesn't wanna kill anybody, idk why they had him kill the Joker in the first one and idgaf, but Superman is always blowing shit up, no? And I didn't mind MoS either. Also, I thought Watchmen wasn't that bad.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I never thought the destruction in MoS was a bad thing. I mean, it was Superman's first time as a super hero.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's the argument I've had with co-workers whenever we talk about the movie. Was it an introduction to show what he is capable of so that he wont ever do it again, or should his father have instilled the wisdom and morals so that he wouldn't go around with what seems like disregard for property/people. The entire final fight seen he didn't once try to help anyone else or stop from crushing a building. In the comics he's basically a protector, he will do whatever he can to protect people in danger. And maybe that will be the point of the 2nd movie, but it was a bit lost in the first one imo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I didn't have a problem with the destruction or killing of Zod because it was out of character (I had a bigger problem with Bay turning Optimus Prime into an executioner, but that's a completely different rant..), but because, as I've said, it's creating a universe that the other characters are going to have a harder time inhabiting.

Personally, I've never been a big fan of Superman, so I haven't read any of his comics (I've read Justice League and he's shown up in Batman comics, things like that), so I'm not the most qualified to say, and maybe it's because most of my readings of Superman have been contrasted against Batman, but Superman always came across as the "too good" character. Like, the one Superman appearance that stands out to me is during No Man's Land -- he travels to Gotham to help the city get back on its feet, and Batman essentially tells him to gtfo because he's "too good" to understand the chaos that Gotham had become. He refuses, so Batman says he'll give him 24 hours to do all the good he can, and within that 24 hours, he realizes that he can't save the city.

That said, in stuff like the Justice League show and Injustice, Superman has been shown to be, let's say susceptible, to killing people and/or losing it. In Injustice, didn't he kill "Joker" because he thought Joker had killed Lois? And in Justice League, he was willing to do whatever it took to try to personally kill Darkseid (even if it meant he had to stay on Brainiac which was exploding at the time). Justice League makes a point (I think in the finale) of having Superman talk about how he always has to be careful, make sure he doesn't go overboard because he could accidentally kill someone, so maybe it's more of a, with random criminals he holds back, but he knows he can lose it if it becomes necessary, whereas Batman would find a way around the line without crossing it. I mean, even after Joker kills the second Robin, he still refuses to kill Joker.

I'll also admit, I kinda stopped reading any comics around the time the New 52 started, so maybe he's become darker since then? In Justice League War he seemed kinda more of an ass..

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I saw this thing on yahoo:

So my question to the comic book nerds: is that true? I know Batman doesn't wanna kill anybody, idk why they had him kill the Joker in the first one and idgaf, but Superman is always blowing shit up, no? And I didn't mind MoS either. Also, I thought Watchmen wasn't that bad.
    I don't think people are even pissed that he killed Zod. Superman treats human race as children. He does not think he's better or above them but he understands that humanity has many problems. For him killing a human would be like him killing a toddler that can't comprehend his own actions. We all know he could kill Luthor in a blink of an eye but to him he's still an ant. In that aspect him killing Zod is not something beyond Superman because Zod is Supermans equal.
    I think people including myself had more of a problem with him trying to destroy the ship in the middle of nowhere while hundred of thousands of people died in Metropolis. Superman is all about saving people.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

a polished, experienced superman, maybe. this dude's first fight is an invasion, dude is barely keeping his head above water, he's clearly overwhelmed.

he clearly wanted to honor both of his robin hood dads to stop the world from being destroyed by general zod's dubstep machine

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    he clearly wanted to honor both of his robin hood dads to stop the world from being destroyed by general zod's dubstep machine
    I appreciate your honesty with that trailer.

Honestly. I think they should have saved Zod for the 2nd movie. I prefer the superman that gives a fuck. Not the one that ignores the entire city and goes straight up Dragonball Z(At least we finally got a good real life Goku vs Vegeta...). Also, the atmosphere crap bothered me. And then them learning their powers in .5 seconds also bothered me. Superman was weakened by the krypton atmosphere? Wah? Also none of them seemed to have been bothered going back and forth between the ship and earth.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Cyborg has been added....pretty sure they should just change the name of this movie to JL: The prequel

Ray Fisher, primarily a stage actor, has joined the cast of Zack Snyder's Batman vs. Superman in the role of Victor Stone, aka Cyborg. Variety has the news, reporting that the role is not a significant one, but that one that paves the way for future big screen appearances by the Justice Leaguer.

Cyborg made his first appearance in 1980's "DC Comics Presents" #26. In the "New 52" continuity, he's a high school athlete who, after getting caught in a S.T.A.R. Labs explosion, is given powerful bionic abilities that lead to him becoming a founding member of the Justice League.

Fans might recall Fisher's name from recent casting rumors surrounding J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII. There is still no confirmation or denial as to whether or not Fisher may be joining that franchise as well.

Fisher joins Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey and Tao Okamoto in the May 6, 2016 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/29...sher-as-cyborg

someone needs to tell these guys what build-up is. i don't see how this won't be a flustercuck

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

that captain america movie had a black hero in it shit now we need one