+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    There's a Star Driver movie? Does it continue from the shitty cliffhanger of the series and is it subbed already or just released?
    Just retelling of TV series with extra scenes (First 5 minutes is all new footage, and some in last 10 minutes with very short epilogue during credits). No English sub yet.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Index movie: Miracle of Endymion

This wasn't very good. The action parts were awesome as to be expected of an anime film with that kind of budget, but the plot was near unintelligible, characters come out of nowhere with no explanation at all, and the ending is incomprehensibly rushed.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Index movie: Miracle of Endymion

This wasn't very good. The action parts were awesome as to be expected of an anime film with that kind of budget, but the plot was near unintelligible, characters come out of nowhere with no explanation at all, and the ending is incomprehensibly rushed.
    So, it's exactly what you would expect from JC Staff?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Star Driver Team Makes Robot TV Anime Captain Earth
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-captain-earth
    The October issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is reporting on Tuesday that the anime Studio BONES is reuniting Star Driver's director Takuya Igarashi and series script supervisor Yoji Enokido for a robot television anime called Captain Earth.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ker - Is there a video that Kill La Kill gif comes from?

edit: nvm found it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pokémon the Series: XY
    The Pokémon Company has shared a sneak peek at the upcoming Pokémon the Series: XY anime. The trailer starts out with the Pokémon: Black and White anime, showcasing the finale, and then cuts to footage from the new XY series.

The current Pokémon season will end on September 26th in Japan. Then, on October 17th, Pokémon the Series: XY will make its debut, with Ash travelling to the Kalos region from the upcoming Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/11...-anime-series/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

WHY IS HE STILL 10 YEARS OLD??!?!??!?!?!?!

Black Belt
    BG Level

something about a coma dream

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    So, it's exactly what you would expect from JC Staff?
    Worse really. It feels like Kamachi went out of his way to make sure it wasn't a repeat of railgun S1 and index S2 shittiness and JC staff went out it's way to ruin it.
    Spoiler: show
    I HATED the accelerator cameo but that's because I hate accelerator in general. He's basically raildex's Sasuke. He shows up at random bitching about how he has to do something to try and look cool when it's obvious he didn't do shit and the sisters were doing all the work. stop stealing the credit you little bitch.

Kanzaki's completely random cameo in space was just weird . it was cool but it was wtf when she pops up and wtf did I just watch when she decided free-falling back to Earth the old fashioned way was the best way to go. It occurred to me right after that she was capable of stopping the whole thing on her own anyway due to her general saintliness

The Idol cannot fucking sing for shit When you go about praising a character's voice can you not have the singing sound meh? Does it only sound good to the Japanese or something? Like what the shit? Oh god the cgi whenever she performed aka half the movie was so obvious. I kept on thinking I suddenly was watching Idolm@ster on psp.

Most of the budget clearly went towards paying for animated glowsticks and special effects in the concerts.
    Misaka showing up while Kuroko Tokyo drifts was hilarious if only due to how her butt was bent over and sticking out to present itself. We know exactly why Misaka is in the movie now . That scene was also nonsensical like everything else because she walks up to a place where she can shot to fucking hell and takes her sweet time coin flipping for a railgun instead of sniping that motherfucker from a place she wont get an instant bullet to the brain.

One of the witch costumes was kinda weird but this is Japan we''re talking about so of course unnecessary fanservice is added in.

Styl was good though Dont be mad because he's Styling on ya.

I felt really sorry for the main villain once I realized that all she ever had to do was get punched by Touma. Her solution to everything was right there and she completely missed her shot. Why didn't Index even bother to say something?

And really magic side? you actually LET AC take possession of an immortal magician? You should know better and if grabbing a low lv magician starts wars then why is grabbing ultimate immortal girl not something that makes everyone else lose this shit? At least
    Fraulhein whatsherface in the novels
    was generally a secret.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah it was a pretty fucking terrible movie but most anime movies are terrible so I can't exactly say I was let down. Most of the movie was an obvious "hey look at this, isn't this cool!" scene regardless of whether or not it made ANY sense at all (and it didn't, almost ever).

I will say about the idol girl that her voice wasn't anything special or out of the ordinary. She was just a normal idol but you know how those things come and go, people will piss themselves over hype and trick themselves into thinking it's better than it really is. I suppose they could have gone with a better voice for the character if only to convey to the audience that it's supposed to be "magical" or somehow out of the ordinary, but any departure from an average voice also runs the risk of turning a lot of the fanbase off, so...

Seriously though swordfights in space, and freefalling to Earth what the shit. I just don't even...
    And I totally agree the Accelerator cameo ... most of the cameos really, were totally unnecessary and only there for fanservice. Can't say Index has ever NOT been full of that though.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Geass: Boukoku no Akito 2

Er.. um.. hi.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

wtf at blinged out eyepatch.

Are cool eye patches a thing now?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Eye patches have been a thing for a while now, it was only a matter of time before they bedazzled them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Random Curiosity just released their Fall preview. http://randomc.net/2013/09/18/fall-2013-preview/

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am happy. There are a ton of shows that I'm interested in checking out. That being said, there are also quite a few that I won't even give a second thought about looking at once lol. But all in all, looks like there should be not just 1 but a few shows for everyone of every taste.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Mmm, with more time passed and V2s out, here we go.

Definite
    Coppelion
    Kyousougiga
    Kill la Kill
    BlazBlue Alter Memory

Maybe
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    Outbreak Company
    Log Horizon (It's mid because SAO derivative on one hand, but by the Maoyuu author on the other.)
    Walkure Romanze
    Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~
    Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road

Requires a test episode
    Strike the Blood
    Tokyo Ravens

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Pokémon Company have shared a new trailer for the upcoming Pokémon the Series: XY anime in Japan, which is loosely based on the upcoming Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games. The series sees Ash travelling to the Kalos region.

Pokémon the Series: XY will debut in Japan on October 17th. On October 19th in North America, Cartoon Network will share a two-episode sneak peek of the XY anime, ahead of its regular airing schedule, which has not yet been announced.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/20...anime-footage/

So it turns out that Serena is Ash's childhood friend, and has a French accent, who is now about his age. So before Professor Oak granted Ash immortality and sent him on a quest to Catch Them All, Ash was quite normal. Aged fine, had regular interaction with people, and was likable. He's grown to be such a fuck up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Looks like I'll probably be checking out:

Super Seishun Bros
    Coppelion (seriously how did they get the greenlight for this series?)
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    Nagi no Asukara (only because of the staff though)
    Outbreak Company
    Kill la Kill (sounds like AKB's Majisuka Gakuen series honestly...)
    Golden Time
    Log Horizon (sounds like the new .hack!)
    Walkure Romanze (just because it apparently has jousting)
    Gingitsune
    Unbreakable Machine-doll
    Aoki Hagane
    BlazBlue
    Ore no Nounai blahblahblah (I like VNs and multiple choice sounds fun)
    Galilei Donna
    Pupa
    Neppu Kairiku

I'm sure I won't end up watching all of these but I'm probably going to try them for at least a couple eps and see... some of them seem very interesting/original, whereas others are going to follow a nice old formula.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

To Aru Kagaku No Railgun S Ep24 (End)

What a fantastic episode! They were able to set up, execute and resolve the action in a single episode. I didn't notice any problems in the production, in fact it all looked specially sharp, the sound design was also good(Opening themes), and the animation in the action bits was spectacular(Index Movie Staff worked on Final).

Now to wait for Season 3(If they ever decide to make it). I really want to see Touma VS Awakened Misaka.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast