+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tokyo Ravens Ep 1

That was a pretty generic sort of first episode. There is no chemistry between the characters, mostly due to the poor performance of the VAs, the direction is low-energy and disjointed, As generic as it might be, there are far worse ways to waste time, that's for sure. I like how sincere the show is, though. It simply doesn't give a fuck with it's sexual overtones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unbreakable Machine-Doll Ep 1

Pretty interesting so far, good first episode. Definitely going to keep watching this one for now.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Watched Unbreakable Machine-Doll because of that video. I originally thought it was going to be something completely the opposite of what it actually is.

Surprise of the season for me. I'm going to be looking forward to this every week.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Kyosougiga and Yozakura Quartet are still unlicensed.
    Is this fucking Dennou Coil and Toshokan Sensou all over again.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Kyousogiga 01

I'm watching SO MANY SHOWS this season. Fuck.

This is right up there with Kill la Kill and Kyoukai no Kanata in direction. I'm kind of taken back at how different it is from the ONAs. Really good.

I hope it's different. Since apart from the animation and style I hated the OVA (ONA?) Looking forward to seeing what they've changed regardless though.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Original Net Animation. Kyousogiga was never released as a physical DVD, thus it is not an OVA.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can't tell if that was hot and then got creepy, or if it was creepy and then got hot. Perhaps hot and then hotter. Maybe creepy and then creepier.

No seriously, wtf did I just watch.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Between the music and what i watched, many wtfs were had ლ(ಠ.ಠლ)

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Kerb land.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 2: beautiful fighting. the mother is crazy. let there be ecchi of the mother.

Samurai Flamenco: I'm on the border. sort of like a toned-down version of Kick-Ass. Really depends where this show goes, if I'll enjoy it.

Yuushibu ep2: I continue to like the series. I'm sticking through until the end with this one.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Log Horizon is now my favorite new show this season. The potential for story and plot is everything that SAO gave up on. I'm going to be killing myself waiting a week in between each episode for the next two dozen weeks.

Galilei Donna also has the cutest loli engineer mechanic I've ever seen. I am watching this show only because of her.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

God Log Horizon has so many things that SAO sorely lacked. MMORPG anime needs to have party play and Log Horizon gives us just that. I enjoyed the heck out of SAO but LH is what I wanted from SAO.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    God Log Horizon has so many things that SAO sorely lacked. MMORPG anime needs to have party play and Log Horizon gives us just that. I enjoyed the heck out of SAO but LH is what I wanted from SAO.
    This so Much. I enjoyed SAO, but Log Horizon has what SAO lacked, at least from what I've seen. hope it continues down this path for an awesome show.

As for other shows, there are some which I'm debating on still, but I tend to give series 3-4 episodes before I drop them to see if they start to go somewhere. Galilei Donna actually got me on the first episode, I'm looking forward to see where this series goes as well. What Deadgye said is true, that loli engineer mechanic is awesome.

I won't go into every show but I will give a mention to Ore no Nōnai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (My mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy). I don't know what to say. it may not some amazing show based on the first episode, but me personally, I couldn't stop laughing that first episode. Think I'm going to watch this for the laughs alone.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Caught Nagi no Asukara and Unbreakable Machine Doll today, adding them to my list of keepers.

Although I don't know if my boyfriend feels the same about Nagi. Near the end of the episode he said "This is Twilight with fish".

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bah, I watched the first two episodes of Log Horizon but I find most people's comments exagerated...nothing really happened so far, I'm not saying it won't be good, but I think it's pretty silly to say it has what SAO didn't..it's very early to compare the two at all imo.

I thought the goldfish mecha thing was dumb in Galilei Donna, they didn't really get to or explain it well at all. Just hints of some shit going on. I was enjoy the family dynamic much more until the goldfish showed up. Meh. I also thought a goldfish was a stupid thing to make a mech out of but then I realised if I were a kid that could make something like that it probably would end up as something stupid. Will keep an eye on it because some of the characters are pretty awesome.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So, other first impressions...

Enjoyed Outbreak Company and Kyoukai no kanata.

Sekai de ichiban etc was really bad <_<

Yuushibu..it's weird, it's not unpleasant but..let's say it's pretty uneventful so far.

Next to check Strike the blood and..um, dunno yet..

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just watched Monogatari: Series Second episodes 12 and 13 (commie). Holy fuck. What did I just watch. Such drastic, that change, and that trailer, that "coming soon", that everything. Holy fuck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast