Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So finally got all mobs and subspecies and level them all to 99... and then talked to quest npc as each of them and talked to everyone else and nothing special for capping them all
    My hat is off to you sir. Salute.

Jesus Christ, dasva, how did you not go insane? Even with countless TV shows and movies, I still got mind numblingly bored.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

in b4 teyrnon's cap

or at least one of these
    Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alot of it was dual/tribox other stuff at the same time or movies etc. Some of it was automated though very large mobs tended to glitch on that. Some I combined with other stuff like doing most of the region/crystal RoE events. And the vast majority was after RoE and belligerence which makes things really easy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So something weird happened to me today... hit relinquish went to go do some stuff while it counted down... came back and I was in my moghouse instead of outside. Tried to recreate the effect but wouldn't work again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I just noticed it seems they renamed some of the mons slightly... like vermillion wamoura is no coral wamoura. Alabaster flan is now Blancmange etc. So I guess they really have been doing something with monstrosity lol

Also for those wondering what a decent blm stone2 set is (saw someone having troubles before) this is what I'm using right now looks like about the best for Bubu.

Doing around 630-650 to most mobs... sadly that's still not enough to one shot the higher level pugils or probably the ghosts but everything else goes down. Could probably tweak a little more dmg in it but I compromised to get 3 refresh in. Total stats are +51 int, +3 refresh, +32 mab, +40 earth mab

Of course that was a mob with good int... switching to panopt which only has 2 more int brought it to 730s somehow... so I'm assuming panopt is one of those weird mobs with hidden +mab or something. So if trying for 500 trial and don't have best could try using panopt or trying to determine which blm ones have hidden dmg boosts

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Man they are really failing hard on some good opportunities with this content. A lot of different things they can do to make it appealing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's become my afk spark generator lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a definitive guide to starting anywhere? I saw an informational on otherwiki but I don't know much about to to know if it is up to date or not. I kind of want to see what this is all about because it looks fun but.. it also looks a bit overwhelming at first.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not a lot to it really. You do the quest to get access then chose a mob and talk to the glowing blue ball to enter the feretory and then to either exit or warp to a zone to lvl. Kill stuff to gain levels like normal and also gain infamy which is used to buy stuff in the feretory then use relinquish to go back when you are done. As you level mobs you get access to more or different skins either just from the level or gaining access to quests from the far right sperm guy or buying it from the middle left sperm guy.

Also every 30 levels on a particular mob you get an instinct which you can equip in the feretory. They each take up so many points similar to blu spells and you equip them on a screen similar to pup attachments.

Each of the sperm guys tell you about there aspect of the system which is a good place to get info.

Far left one tells you about and let's you enter belligerency status which let's you pvp and let's you also go over the 10k infamy cap to up to 50k. Also if you have high enough it let's you have more points to equip instincts with.

The middle left let's you buy things like new monsters, some buffs FoV style, and some instincts.

Middle right talks about various general information.

Far right if you meet the right requirements gives you a quest to unlock new monsters. Usually something easy like trade some genbu scraps or such.

The linked pages on the monstrosity page will tell you the requirements for gaining each instinct and mon. Also because the page is broken I think because it can't handle all the links not all the mobs on the page are linked to their pages but you can search for their page individually and it will usually have info like what their moves do and the info on the page that had all the mons

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks Dasva, that helps. Looks like that monstrosity page is pretty complete and told me everything else I needed to know, such as the requirements for getting a specific species. Guess I'll give monstrosity a shot!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So... I didn't read the whole thread, but any advice on progression paths? Like, what mobs to level first, to get better Instincts for other mobs. I started with rabbit and have moved onto tiger (level 35), and I'm really lacking in instincts at this point. I'm saving up for WAR and DRK Instincts (got THF), but I could use some mob instincts and some accuracy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some important instincts to try and get right away imo are toad 3, raptor 1/2, scorpion 1, bat 1, mandy 1, slime 1, spriggan 1. And of course war and drk as well as some of the races. Eventually when you get enough you can start making nuking builds for the blms but till you get a decent amount it's easier to melee

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I know it's a long way off for you, but Behemoth III is very good for any melee mob and is well worth the effort getting.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aye, that's a long, long way off, but it is what I'm aiming towards anyway.

Thanks for the advice. Just started back so don't have slime or spriggan, alas, but the rest are enough to get me moving anyway and I can fill in the gaps myself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well you are in luck because the crossover event with spriggans and slimes is coming back very soon! I didnt see any mentions of anything new so i am guessing it is just the last event returned.

so having been gone since february and being here for the free week event, are the she slimes and metal slimes new for this event or did this portion of the crossover event already happen and they've just brought it back?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silentsteel View Post
    so having been gone since february and being here for the free week event, are the she slimes and metal slimes new for this event or did this portion of the crossover event already happen and they've just brought it back?
    brought back

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This is the 3rd outing for the slimes/spriggans. the 2nd had the new shes and metals. and this seems to be exactly the 2nd returned.

Ok, cool, and from the wiki it looks like there's only one set of instincts between all 3 slimes, is that true? and does leveling Metal Slime get easier than dying to every 3rd mob? XD