+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Space Dandy(By Cowboy Bebop's Director Shinichiro Watanabe)

Trailer:

Air Date:Winter Season.
    Story:
    The lead character Dandy is an alien hunter and the "dandiest man in space." The anime is set far in the future where people have gone to the far reaches of the universe. Dandy is searching for aliens that no one has found before with his robot partner QT. Watanabe said Dandy bought the robot thinking it was an R2D2-like robot, but in reality "it was a Roomba." Dandy also travels with a cat alien named Meow. Watanabe showed designs for different aliens, which will be introduced in the series each week.
    Staff/Studio:

Confirmed to be 26 episode:

Quote/Info:
    http://pastebin.com/MAeGkD5H

Space Dandy isn’t serious at all and will be very comedic. “Like Mushroom Samba every week.”
    They want Space Dandy to feel like old-school sci-fi but modern and new at the same time.
    They’re trying to make Space Dandy as epic as possible that it surprises everyone watching it.

In the universe of Space Dandy, you can make amazing money from finding aliens on the farthest reaches of the galaxy.
    The premise is that Dandy and his crew, OT and Meow, are alien hunters.
    It’s set far in the future and the main trio is looking for aliens that no one has ever seen.
    The characters ride their spaceship Aloha Oe every week to a new planet. A different planet every week. This means there will be brand new aliens every week.
    Space Dandy doesn’t have a single normal dude in its cast of characters.
    Bebop was 80% serious, 20% comedy. Space Dandy is the opposite.

In the world of Space Dandy, they listen to all their music on cassette tapes. The latest audio technology is cassettes. MP3s and CDs do not exist.

=======================

Watanabe was worried about the different aliens all looking too similar, so every planet’s aliens have a different designer. The alien designers are all secrets and they will be announced episode by episode. There are some very famous ones. He told every designer to think of the aliens of their wildest dreams. They have over 100 aliens.

Space Dandy will have 20 artists working on the music. 3-4 songs per artist. No instruments invented after 1984 for musicians.

Some locations that have inspired Watanabe: Rio de Jainero and Morocco. Bebop movie had a lot of the latter, Space Dandy the former.

Watanabe brought Keiko Nobumoto on staff because she hasn't seen Star Wars and he thinks she’ll bring in some very interesting scripts.

Aloha Oe’s ship design looks like a canoe because Watanabe told Thomas Romain to have it look like that.

Watanabe is hopeful that the broadcast of Space Dandy in America will start shortly after the one on Japan.

=======================

Dandy
    Dandy isn’t the protagonist’s nickname. It’s his real name.
    He is the biggest dude in the universe. He doesn’t worry about the small details.
    When we live our lives, we worry about the smallest things. But when something bad happens to Dandy, he forgets about it immediately.
    Dandy is a very “yankee” (delinquent) type of character. But he’s a very fun guy to be around.
    His greatest pleasure in life is to go to Hooters-like establishment and Honey is an employee there.
    Dandy really likes Hawaii, but he’s never been there.

QT
    QT is a very dumb piece of crap robot. He’s scrap metal.
    Dandy was looking for a capable robot in the shop, but QT is a glorified Roomba

Meow
    Meow is very lazy. He spends all of his time on Twitter on his iPhone. He may look like a cat but he is not a cat. He comes from the planet Beetlejuice/Betelguese.
    g
    Honey
    Honey works at a “certain store”. It’s like a Hooters. There are very similar establishments to Hooters in space.

Professor Gel
    A bad guy who looks like a gorilla. He comes up with a new evil scheme every week.

Bee
    Gel’s sidekick from planet Cucumber.

Aloha Oe
    Main trio's spaceship. A yellow space canoe with a giant old school laser beam on the side.

=======================

Shinichiro Watanabe's quotes:

“Although Shingo Natsume (director) is very young, he’s very talented as an up and coming animator. Listen to his name.”

“I personally think Yasuyuki Okamura (theme song artist) is the funkiest man in Japan.”

“I’ve been a fan of Thomas Romain (spaceship designer) for a long time and I really wanted to work with him. It was very hard to get him to work with us because he’s a Satelight employee. But it turned out he was a big fan of Cowboy Bebop, so we worked out a special arrangement.”
    “We were a little worried about how the bad guy’s ship design would be received by Americans.”
    “I didn’t tell him anything about the Statue of Liberty. That’s all on him.”

“The last time I directed an anime with Bones was Cowboy Bebop The Movie, so I’m really looking forward to working with them again.”

=======================

Thomas Romain's quotes:

"I met Natsume (director) for the first time on this project. He is very shy but when I saw his storyboard I was speechless!! I just couldn't get how he managed to draw such unique cuts in his storyboard... He is a genius!"
    "Bee was designed by the director Natsume himself"

"Wow. I'm so honored. 10 years ago I was just a fan and now... Thank you Watanabe for picking me up! I love Space Dandy!"
    Confirmed Sakuga Animators:

Yutaka Nakamura(God of Action)

Hironori Tanaka

Bahi JD

Kenichi Yoshida:

Promo Material:
    Spoiler: show

Not gonna lie, this looks awesome. Love the designs

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm in.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

All hail Cowboy Bebop the Second.

Also

If Yoko Kanno's not doing the soundtrack, there will be hell to pay.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    All hail Cowboy Bebop the Second.

Also

If Yoko Kanno's not doing the soundtrack, there will be hell to pay.
    One can only hope, Watanabe going out his way to bring his old Cowboy Bebop Staff/Animators for the Space Dandy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Didn't know the same person who did the script for bebop also did wolfs rain. Both those shows contain a certain level of mystique that makes them very enjoyable to watch. Not everything is spelled out for you and the way it culminates isn't something you can predict from the get go.

The rest of the crew looks pretty notable as well. This looks like this will be something to look forward to.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Confirmed to be 13 episode long:
    https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/366585638377623553

Quote/Info:
    http://pastebin.com/MAeGkD5H

Space Dandy isn’t serious at all and will be very comedic. “Like Mushroom Samba every week.”
    They want Space Dandy to feel like old-school sci-fi but modern and new at the same time.
    They’re trying to make Space Dandy as epic as possible that it surprises everyone watching it.

In the universe of Space Dandy, you can make amazing money from finding aliens on the farthest reaches of the galaxy.
    The premise is that Dandy and his crew, OT and Meow, are alien hunters.
    It’s set far in the future and the main trio is looking for aliens that no one has ever seen.
    The characters ride their spaceship Aloha Oe every week to a new planet. A different planet every week. This means there will be brand new aliens every week.
    Space Dandy doesn’t have a single normal dude in its cast of characters.
    Bebop was 80% serious, 20% comedy. Space Dandy is the opposite.

In the world of Space Dandy, they listen to all their music on cassette tapes. The latest audio technology is cassettes. MP3s and CDs do not exist.

=======================

Watanabe was worried about the different aliens all looking too similar, so every planet’s aliens have a different designer. The alien designers are all secrets and they will be announced episode by episode. There are some very famous ones. He told every designer to think of the aliens of their wildest dreams. They have over 100 aliens.

Space Dandy will have 20 artists working on the music. 3-4 songs per artist. No instruments invented after 1984 for musicians.

Some locations that have inspired Watanabe: Rio de Jainero and Morocco. Bebop movie had a lot of the latter, Space Dandy the former.

Watanabe brought Keiko Nobumoto on staff because she hasn't seen Star Wars and he thinks she’ll bring in some very interesting scripts.

Aloha Oe’s ship design looks like a canoe because Watanabe told Thomas Romain to have it look like that.

Watanabe is hopeful that the broadcast of Space Dandy in America will start shortly after the one on Japan.

=======================

Dandy
    Dandy isn’t the protagonist’s nickname. It’s his real name.
    He is the biggest dude in the universe. He doesn’t worry about the small details.
    When we live our lives, we worry about the smallest things. But when something bad happens to Dandy, he forgets about it immediately.
    Dandy is a very “yankee” (delinquent) type of character. But he’s a very fun guy to be around.
    His greatest pleasure in life is to go to Hooters-like establishment and Honey is an employee there.
    Dandy really likes Hawaii, but he’s never been there.

QT
    QT is a very dumb piece of crap robot. He’s scrap metal.
    Dandy was looking for a capable robot in the shop, but QT is a glorified Roomba

Meow
    Meow is very lazy. He spends all of his time on Twitter on his iPhone. He may look like a cat but he is not a cat. He comes from the planet Beetlejuice/Betelguese.

Honey
    Honey works at a “certain store”. It’s like a Hooters. There are very similar establishments to Hooters in space.

Professor Gel
    A bad guy who looks like a gorilla. He comes up with a new evil scheme every week.

Bee
    Gel’s sidekick from planet Cucumber.

Aloha Oe
    Main trio's spaceship. A yellow space canoe with a giant old school laser beam on the side.

=======================

Shinichiro Watanabe's quotes:

“Although Shingo Natsume (director) is very young, he’s very talented as an up and coming animator. Listen to his name.”

“I personally think Yasuyuki Okamura (theme song artist) is the funkiest man in Japan.”

“I’ve been a fan of Thomas Romain (spaceship designer) for a long time and I really wanted to work with him. It was very hard to get him to work with us because he’s a Satelight employee. But it turned out he was a big fan of Cowboy Bebop, so we worked out a special arrangement.”
    “We were a little worried about how the bad guy’s ship design would be received by Americans.”
    “I didn’t tell him anything about the Statue of Liberty. That’s all on him.”

“The last time I directed an anime with Bones was Cowboy Bebop The Movie, so I’m really looking forward to working with them again.”

=======================

Thomas Romain's quotes:

"I met Natsume (director) for the first time on this project. He is very shy but when I saw his storyboard I was speechless!! I just couldn't get how he managed to draw such unique cuts in his storyboard... He is a genius!"
    "Bee was designed by the director Natsume himself"

"Wow. I'm so honored. 10 years ago I was just a fan and now... Thank you Watanabe for picking me up! I love Space Dandy!"

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Watching it for the women, staying for the action ~

Gonna fucking love this.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

saw an image of a chick with 3 boobs bouncing and then a chick with 4 boobs bouncing. I'm in. Feels a tad like Outlaw Star to me too

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is going to be glorious, I'm all in on this.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

God I can't wait. The entire thing sounds amazing hgnnnhhhh

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the soundtrack is even half as good as Bebop it will rock, I'm pretty damn excited for this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

glad its a comedy... Attack on titan is beating me down with the suffering and pain.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Direct feed of Trailer

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://space-dandy.com/blog/?p=153
    Website just revealed that Space Dandy it's going to be broadcast in North America on Cartoon Network(same time as Japan).

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    http://space-dandy.com/blog/?p=153
    Website just revealed that Space Dandy it's going to be broadcast in North America on Cartoon Network(same time as Japan).
    Craziness! English dub or subtitles?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Craziness! English dub or subtitles?
    Dub. Space Dandy production is already over(Was Suppose to air in Fall from the leaks), My guess they got a deal with Cartoon Network so it was delayed to Winter Season to get Dub version for US Broadcast.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Space Dandy: The World Premiere is happening on Toonami beginning on January 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM EST.
    http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/65032...-hey-everybody
    BIG HONKIN’ TOONAMI ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey everybody! Just wanted to drop you all a line and announce a couple pieces of Toonami news.

First, we are proud to announce that Toonami will be WORLD PREMIERING the new series from Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) and Studio BONES (FMA, Soul Eater, many more), SPACE DANDY! SPACE DANDY is a 26 episode series that will be premiering in the U.S. BEFORE it premieres in Japan (yep, you read that right)! Details on that to follow soon.

Oh, and when will it premiere? Sooner than you think- January 4th, at 11:30 PM.

"Did I just read 11:30?"

Yep, you read that right. Space Dandy will kick off an expanded 6-1/2 HOUR TOONAMI broadcast every Saturday. Toonami Faithful, we got our extra half hour!

Oh, you’re STILL not satisfied? Fine. We have some other great news that will be coming in the next few weeks, but until then we’ll drop one more little tidbit: In December, Toonami will take a break from our regular schedule and have a bit of holiday fun, with three weeks in a row of a movie special to kick off the block! What movies, you ask? Well, you’ll have to wait a bit on that.

Finally- if you have more questions about all this, GOOD- ask them here! We’ll be doing our monthly Toonami Q&A this Sunday from 11am et, to whenever we hit the tumblr post limit! Remember, your question could end up on our monthly on-air Tumblr Q&A session with Tom and Sara.

WHEW- okay. Keep your eyes locked right here over the next few weeks for more details on all of this, as well as some other VERY exciting developments we can’t talk about yet. And in the mean time, do make sure you check us out on November 2nd, when we’ll be airing some fun little surprises in the daylight savings hour (2am)!

WE WILL NEVER STOP

Love, the Toonami Crew.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Promo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast