Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Base and multiplier not visible on cure pages.

I hate to start a new thread over something so minor, but...

The Base and multiplier of cures when used on undead aren't visible on the cure pages. You can see the values in there when you go to edit, but they just don't show on the pages themselves. No idea why, or how to change that.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think that's collateral from removing them from damage spells. When they changed the made mass revisions, we moved them to the mechanics page. We'll see what Byrth can do about that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Currently the "Old Values" are on the individual spell pages. I removed them from the template because they're no longer accurate while we figure out how we want to display the new values.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm planning a massive magic template overhaul to go along with the new spell information. As stated above, the M and V values were temporarily removed from all of the spell pages, which removed the cure values as well (you'll also notice that the casting/recast times on elemental magic spells are incorrect and still show the old values - I want to get everything updated at once so I don't have to do any rework because we're going to have to update the spell pages one at a time). You'll probably see the update over the next couple of days, but I'll post here once we have it done.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Currently the "Old Values" are on the individual spell pages. I removed them from the template because they're no longer accurate while we figure out how we want to display the new values.
    Old values are still accurate for mobs and pets... should probably still have them

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that's why I didn't delete them from pages and just moved the code here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Template_talk:Standard_Magic

I think that people would get confused and try to use them for players if I didn't hide them, though, so in the short term it seemed like a better solution.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, the old values are all still embedded in the template also if we ever want to reuse them for anything. I'm just adding new sections to the template for the new information, and keeping the old values embedded, but hidden.

Are the old cast/recast times also the same for monsters?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think that they are, yeah. I know that the casting time is at least the same, and the recast time has never been relevant for monsters.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The base and multiplier should be back on Cure pages. The side effect of this is that any pages to which the new base and multiplier values haven't been added yet now have the incorrect old values. I've been working on it, though - most elemental magic is up to date at this time (single target nukes, -ja, and -ra spells... only thing I have left is -ga spells). The old values have been left on these pages, and are shown as "monster" values, since monster-casted magic was not changed from the original formula.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All spells are updated, or should be. Post here if you find anything that looks awry.

Additionally, the magic damage page has been updated with the new information for spell base damage and multipliers, as well as the incorporation of the "magic damage" statistic on new mage equipment:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Damage